Conference Realignment?

Stoney

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Well A&M plays a real schedule so....

Oh I absolutely wish Texas played 3 FCS like teams in OOC and SEC offenses.  Outside of Bama' it's mostly pro-style/slow paced with at-best average QB play.

No doubt the defenses would be tougher though.

• Stinks 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Not their fault, but the Big XII was just down this year. 

Amazing the Big 12 went 3-1 against the SEC in Bowl games right?  If OU knew what defense and tackling was good chance it'd been 4-0.

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

11 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Just wait, it's coming. I guarantee you that. 

Don’t crawfish like another Aggie in here.  Stick to it.  I admire somebody with guts.  If the Aggies win the sec (not even a national championship) championship, I’ll be right here to congratulate you

• Stinks 1

43 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Amazing the Big 12 went 3-1 against the SEC in Bowl games right?  If OU knew what defense and tackling was good chance it'd been 4-0.

Bowl games are not the same thing. We can argue about this all day long but there’s not point. You’ll never see my side and you’ll never convince me. Yes this last year makes the big 12 look good in bowl games. What about their regular season? What about the last 5 regular season and bowl records? I’m simply saying you’re not being objective at all if you think that comparing the results of 4 games to the many different metrics of evaluating teams is sufficient to make your argument work, we have nothing to talk about.

39 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Don’t crawfish like another Aggie in here.  Stick to it.  I admire somebody with guts.  If the Aggies win the sec (not even a national championship) championship, I’ll be right here to congratulate you

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Mediocre in one conference is equal to mediocre in another conference.  Each year the sec gets exposed when playing good ooc teams on bowl games.  Averaging 3-4 place in the west is mediocre.  And that avg is helped by ole miss taking a Hugh step backwards.  Beating your chest about having a new stadium and making more money is moral victories.  They’re only noticed and bragged on by your own.  Nobody else cares.  Winning/losing is what everybody else looks at.  

Middle of the pack or bottom dweller??  Does it really matter.  You’re still a second tier program in your conference regardless

Texas is second tier to OU in its conference as well... 

• LOL! 1

59 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

I knew you'd come back with a lengthy riled up post.  So easy.

You know what else Parcells said?  "You are what your record says you are"

Have a nice day!  😀

Cool. So can you even try to refute anything I said or are you going to crawl back to your hole with your tail between your legs, completely humiliated?

• Stinks 1

45 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Oh you don’t have to worry about me sticking to it, I’m all in. Go ahead and save it for me! 

He's a liar. He said the same thing about John King winning a state championship. Then when it happened he wasn't even man enough to admit he was wrong. It was hilarious, yet expected. Death, taxes, and him being an embarrassment. 😂

• Stinks 1

5 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

He's a liar. He said the same thing about John King winning a state championship. Then when it happened he wasn't even man enough to admit he was wrong. It was hilarious, yet expected.

I congratulated the Longview fans iirc.  I’m not going to congratulate a pathetic condescending person like you though.  King has blown many chances too, his state title should’ve happened years back, but he coached his way out of it. 

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Yes Texas has stunk for the last 7-8 years. 

No I’m talking all time. Since the start of the big 12. OU has dominated that conference so much the last 20+ years that Texas is by definition second tier. I don’t care if you won 10+ games for 10 years or whatever... 3 conference titles compared to OUs 12. Texas is closer to Baylor (2 conference titles) than OU... second tier. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

He's a liar. He said the same thing about John King winning a state championship. Then when it happened he wasn't even man enough to admit he was wrong. It was hilarious, yet expected. Death, taxes, and him being an embarrassment. 😂

Exactly.... His congratulations will be something like, “good job aggy, now come back when you’ve won 3-4 more and we will talk about how you might not be middle of the pack anymore.” 

It will technically be a congratulations, but it will abundantly clear that he’s too butthurt to admit when he’s wrong. Like EVERYTHING else he talks about...

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

No I’m talking all time. Since the start of the big 12. OU has dominated that conference so much the last 20+ years that Texas is by definition second tier. I don’t care if you won 10+ games for 10 years or whatever... 3 conference titles compared to OUs 12. Texas is closer to Baylor (2 conference titles) than OU... second tier. 

You're setting the bar awfully high for A&M to climb above second tier status, if you want to compare apples to apples.

13 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Exactly.... His congratulations will be something like, “good job aggy, now come back when you’ve won 3-4 more and we will talk about how you might not be middle of the pack anymore.” 

It will technically be a congratulations, but it will abundantly clear that he’s too butthurt to admit when he’s wrong. Like EVERYTHING else he talks about...

It wasn't even that. It was him completely dodging everything about Longview winning and the fact that he said King would never win. The words he was looking for were "I was wrong. Congratulations to the Lobos". Instead he just dodged getting called out and he tucked tail and ran. 

14 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Lol, incorrect.  I will congratulate the Aggie fans here that are decent enough and deserve it.

13 minutes ago, Baron said:

You're setting the bar awfully high for A&M to climb above second tier status, if you want to compare apples to apples.

I’m not setting the bar higher than it already is. 3 conference titles roughly 25 years is not first tier production. I’d say the same thing about any program in the country. 

4 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I’ll await the apologies from Wet and JF now.  JF can say he was wrong as well.

I’m not wrong on my end. I never mentioned Longview. I’m talking about the dozens of times I’ve proved you wrong on here and then you just move goalpost or act like an illiterate mouth breather just because you are getting owned. 

And what was it you said earlier... “Only people who deserve it” or something along that lines... I already have apologized once in the last two days to someone when I confused something. But my statement stands true from my end. If A&M wins a title and you come and say congratulations without a backhanded comment, then I’ll apologize then for doubting you. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I’m not setting the bar higher than it already is. 3 conference titles roughly 25 years is not first tier production. I’d say the same thing about any program in the country. 

It seems to me by your standard there are only handful of first tier programs if that. Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma and Ohio St.

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

Those wins vs Vandy and Missouri was HUGE for the B12 in trying to make this point :lol:   
In games that mattered, only Texas had the big win over Georgia.  OU should have beat Alabama, but they didn't...  but beat your chest over the low tier victories...  It's very similar to Lion with his SEC chants.

11 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I’m not wrong on my end. I never mentioned Longview. I’m talking about the dozens of times I’ve proved you wrong on here and then you just move goalpost or act like an illiterate mouth breather just because you are getting owned. 

And what was it you said earlier... “Only people who deserve it” or something along that lines... I already have apologized once in the last two days to someone when I confused something. But my statement stands true from my end. If A&M wins a title and you come and say congratulations without a backhanded comment, then I’ll apologize then for doubting you. 

I was all rialed up and included you.  Sorry.  I was wrong.  I went back and corrected the statement.  You didn’t say anything about Longview.  

If aTm wins the SEC I will gladly congratulate the deserving Aggies here as I DID The Longview fans.

55 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I congratulated the Longview fans iirc.  I’m not going to congratulate a pathetic condescending person like you though.  King has blown many chances too, his state title should’ve happened years back, but he coached his way out of it. 

You must be talking about Pflugerville?  Some of those other years, you could tell the Lobos were going to drop a game vs a good team along the way.

11 minutes ago, Baron said:

It seems to me by your standard there are only handful of first tier programs if that. Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma and Ohio St.

Hard to dispute that...  there are plenty of programs with 1st tier talent that can't get on the downside of the hill though...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Baron said:

Well it depends on if we are talking nationally or within conferences. Nationally, you are correct. You simply cannot group Texas in with that group over the last 25 years. Texas won a lot of games under Mack but didn’t win the conference titles as much and at the end of the day that’s what separates the tier 1s from the upper end tier 2s. 

There are only imo 5-6 teams over since big 12 started(again I’m using that because that’s when the initial argument started) who are tier 1. There are probably 25 who are tier 2. Teams like Michigan, Texas, LSU, Florida st... teams that won a lot and had some good moments but aren’t as consistent as tier 1. 

Now as as far as conference... you simply cannot put Texas and OU in the same group. You cannot put OU in the same group as anyone in the conference. They have created a class of their own since the big 12 started. So if Texas can’t be tier 1 with ou then they have to be tier 2. That’s not an insult against Texas, it’s just that ou has dominated that conference for its entirety. 

• Like 1