Conference Realignment?

Stoney

Also Mond threw for more yards, and scored more total touchdowns than Fromm all while having 2 fewer turnovers. 

I’m not saying I would take Mond over Fromm, but let’s stop ignoring facts and acting like Mond is just vastly inferior. The overall numbers make it a much closer argument. And also, Mond was better in big games than fromm. 

33 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Monds legs are what would have made the difference in that game.

Mond played and played well against Bama, Clemson and LSU. Better defenses than what Texas fielded. I’m sorry but the stats are against you on believing Texas would have stopped Mond. 2 playoff teams couldn’t “stop him” so I disagree. 

Teams will force him to pass this year and beat him.  Gary Johnson would’ve spied him all game and he wouldn’t outrun GJ

35 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Also Mond threw for more yards, and scored more total touchdowns than Fromm all while having 2 fewer turnovers. 

I’m not saying I would take Mond over Fromm, but let’s stop ignoring facts and acting like Mond is just vastly inferior. The overall numbers make it a much closer argument. And also, Mond was better in big games than fromm. 

Fromm wasnt asked to run in his offense like Mond was.     He had a stable of backs as good as in the country. 

Texas wouldve played to stop the run, spied mond and forced him to throw. 

This will go back and forth for weeks as most is opinion on how they’d matchup.  Yes you can compare stats, but they don’t always tell the story.  The Aggies will finally get to play georgia this year right?

Just now, DB2point0 said:

Teams will force him to pass this year and beat him.  Gary Johnson would’ve spied him all game and he wouldn’t outrun GJ

We will see. You can flame away but I expect the running game to be just as good overall as last season. Maybe not a one man show but I still expect A&M to run well. 

Mad for Gary Johnson yes the could have spied him, but you have a very wrong idea on the QB Mond is. He is not a heavy runner. He only had about 300 yards and 7 tds on the year. He is and was all year a pass first guy. Hell most Aggies wanted him to run more because it was open but he tried so hard not to run. 

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Fromm wasnt asked to run in his offense like Mond was.     He had a stable of backs as good as in the country. 

Texas wouldve played to stop the run, spied mond and forced him to throw. 

This will go back and forth for weeks as most is opinion on how they’d matchup.  Yes you can compare stats, but they don’t always tell the story.  The Aggies will finally get to play georgia this year right?

Yes. At Georgia in a meaningful game in November. 

8 minutes ago, WETSU said:

We will see. You can flame away but I expect the running game to be just as good overall as last season. Maybe not a one man show but I still expect A&M to run well. 

Mad for Gary Johnson yes the could have spied him, but you have a very wrong idea on the QB Mond is. He is not a heavy runner. He only had about 300 yards and 7 tds on the year. He is and was all year a pass first guy. Hell most Aggies wanted him to run more because it was open but he tried so hard not to run. 

I know what kind of qb he was/is.  He doesn’t have to break big ones to be a meaningful runner, it’s the ones where he got first downs to extend drives.  

Fromm never knew where the pressure would come from.  That’s the type of defense Texas would’ve used on him.  

15 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I know what kind of qb he was/is.  He doesn’t have to break big ones to be a meaningful runner, it’s the ones where he got first downs to extend drives.  

Fromm never knew where the pressure would come from.  That’s the type of defense Texas would’ve used on him.  

That’s the problem is he didn’t use his legs for first downs near enough. A&M punted the ball a lot more than they needed to last year simply because Mond didn’t tuck and run near as often as he should’ve. So I guess I’m just confused on why you think Mond was asked to run a ton. Yes it was more than Fromm but Mond wasn’t a “running” QB near as much as it appears. 

But having said that, I don’t know if having GJ spying him would help at all. If anything I think that’s the wrong approach on Mond because he’s so hesitant to run it’s wasting a defender. 

16 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

What do you mean by meaningful?

I’m saying Georgia will probably still be in the playoff hunt and clinching the sec east with a win against A&M. It’s likely going to be game with national title implications for Georgia as I think A&M might honestly be one of the top 2 teams they face regular season. 

54 minutes ago, WETSU said:

That’s the problem is he didn’t use his legs for first downs near enough. A&M punted the ball a lot more than they needed to last year simply because Mond didn’t tuck and run near as often as he should’ve. So I guess I’m just confused on why you think Mond was asked to run a ton. Yes it was more than Fromm but Mond wasn’t a “running” QB near as much as it appears. 

But having said that, I don’t know if having GJ spying him would help at all. If anything I think that’s the wrong approach on Mond because he’s so hesitant to run it’s wasting a defender. 

He’s that type of qb imo.  He isn’t the one that’ll go for 160-200 yds in a game.  He’s a good enough athlete to extend a drive.  I’m sure fisher worked with him on getting antsy in the pocket and keeping his eyes downfield.  He did progress some last year.  

The pressure coming from all all different angles would force him out to a LB that can fly and run him down for minimal gain or a loss.  

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

I’m telling you now... A&M would have ran for 300 on Texas last year. Don’t let one game against Georgia get you fooled. Texas would not run and probably wouldn’t stop the run against most of the sec west. 

Oh my goodness, what is this lunacy I’m reading here from Wetsu?

Oh Wet, you’re so far out in left field on this opinion that you’re nowhere near the stadium. You may even be out of the county said stadium resides in.

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Alert, Mond is not a good quarterback.

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

I’m telling you now... A&M would have ran for 300 on Texas last year. Don’t let one game against Georgia get you fooled. Texas would not run and probably wouldn’t stop the run against most of the sec west. 

So, UGA couldn’t run on Texas, but A&M would’ve run for 300+ on the Longhorns last year?

Bwahahaha!!!!   😂🤣

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Since when did the Sugar Bowl become meaningless? I guess as soon as Texas won it?

That narrative is so worn out, old and tired; also false. 

It was meaningless for a Georgia team that was upset they weren’t in the playoff. You got one team that their season was damn near a failure to make it to the sugar bowl, and one team that the sugar bowl was like playing in the Super Bowl compared to what those guys have had the last few years. If you think motivation wasn’t a factor you’re a fool. I’m not saying that Georgia just laid over, but it was clear that entire game to anyone not wearing burnt orange that Georgia was asleep. I’m sorry if you don’t like that answer, but nearly every other fan from another fan base would acknowledge it. Texas played well, but you can’t deny that motivation isn’t/wasn’t a factor there and many other bowl games over the years. 

So, UGA couldn’t run on Texas, but A&M would’ve run for 300+ on the Longhorns last year?

Bwahahaha!!!!   😂🤣

You do know Georgia only averaged about 19 yards a game more right? Both were top 25 in total rushing yards. And A&M had clemson and miss st on the schedule(two of the top run defenses in the country) that Georgia did not have to face... so laugh away all you want, it just shows your lack of knowledge for what actually happened. The stats do not lie. 

And my statement regarding A&M running is that I don’t believe Texas front 7 stopped Georgia completely on its own. I think one team wanted to be there more than the other and it showed for about 3 quarters. When Georgia finally wanted to play it was too late. Plus, my statement was geared towards I don’t think Texas front 7 holds up to the pounding it would have taken in a sec west schedule. I don’t think you guys give enough credit to how much more physical that league is up front. There’s a reason why the sec is putting out tons of front 7 players a year in the draft and the big 12 isn’t. 

I’m very confused why Texas fans think that motivation is not a factor in games... Have we not seen upsets throughout all of sports history where you have a team that is playing like they are on fire and the other team isn’t? We literally have coined the phrase “playing with a chip on his shoulder” and talking about how motivation can be a factor. We have motivational speakers come to practice, we see coaches give pep talks, we see cheerleaders try to get the fans involved to inspire the team... If you think motivation isn’t a part of football then I question if you’ve ever stepped foot on a field in a real game.

for the record, I am not saying the only reason Texas beat Georgia is because Georgia was asleep. It’s not the only reason. Texas executed when it needed to and had a solid game plan. But if you think it’s not even a factor that Georgia might not have been as excited to be there as Texas was, see the above post from me about how one was expecting to be playing for a national title and had heard the press clippings all month about how they were the best team not in the playoff, and then one team that came in doubted and this is the biggest game they have played in for probably 7-8 years... it absolutely can be and was a factor in that game. Not the only part, but a factor. 

And for the record.... A&M has won games all the time they shouldn’t have won but I thought they were the more motivated team. Bama 2012, Lost a game vs Arkansas st under Sherman they were asleep for (you can’t honestly believe the better team won that) beating OU with Reggie McNeal in 02.... and the bonfire game maybe being one of the most inspiring sporting events I’ve ever witnessed. My point is, why are Texas fans so hard up to admit that they might have caught an uninspired Georgia team? You still won the game... you still are sugar bowl winners with a huge momentum swing for the offseason.... Why do you think it’s so far fetched that Georgia wasn’t as motivated as Texas was. Are you honestly going to say that Texas has never lost a game Because they came out flat and played uninspired football? If you can say that honestly, more power to you. I think we all can agree we’ve seen our teams (high school and nfl included) lose games because of it...

The problem is we can debate whether or not it was a factor in any particular game. Of course I’ll point towards reasons why Georgia might have been uninspired or feel a little let down they weren’t where they wanted to be playing and Texas fans will say that’s not true it’s the sugar bowl and that’s plenty of motivation. Who is right is up for debate I suppose, but motivation is a factor, that’s not some made up thing. 

5 hours ago, WETSU said:

It was meaningless for a Georgia team that was upset they weren’t in the playoff. You got one team that their season was damn near a failure to make it to the sugar bowl, and one team that the sugar bowl was like playing in the Super Bowl compared to what those guys have had the last few years. If you think motivation wasn’t a factor you’re a fool. I’m not saying that Georgia just laid over, but it was clear that entire game to anyone not wearing burnt orange that Georgia was asleep. I’m sorry if you don’t like that answer, but nearly every other fan from another fan base would acknowledge it. Texas played well, but you can’t deny that motivation isn’t/wasn’t a factor there and many other bowl games over the years. 

You do know Georgia only averaged about 19 yards a game more right? Both were top 25 in total rushing yards. And A&M had clemson and miss st on the schedule(two of the top run defenses in the country) that Georgia did not have to face... so laugh away all you want, it just shows your lack of knowledge for what actually happened. The stats do not lie. 

And my statement regarding A&M running is that I don’t believe Texas front 7 stopped Georgia completely on its own. I think one team wanted to be there more than the other and it showed for about 3 quarters. When Georgia finally wanted to play it was too late. Plus, my statement was geared towards I don’t think Texas front 7 holds up to the pounding it would have taken in a sec west schedule. I don’t think you guys give enough credit to how much more physical that league is up front. There’s a reason why the sec is putting out tons of front 7 players a year in the draft and the big 12 isn’t. 

You’re saying Georgia didn’t get what they wanted and out of that decided not to play hard or prepare well enough to properly compete in what is the SEC’s biggest bowl game. The Sugar Bowl is the bowl all SEC teams want to play in like the PAC and BIG all want to play in the Rose Bowl.

It’s pretty pitiful coaching if you can’t get your guys motivated to play in the Sugar Bowl. It was an opportunity for UGA to go out and prove they did deserve to be in the CFP rather than the meaningless NY6 Sugar Bowl - granddaddy of all bowls for SEC teams. Sucky bowl, nobody wants to be there except UT.

Texas was just happy to be there and got lucky UGA was all down in the mouth, unwilling to put forth any effort. Otherwise, it would’ve been Georgia 56, Texas 3.

Lucky Sips!  Whoop!!

You’re saying Georgia didn’t get what they wanted and out of that decided not to play hard or prepare well enough to properly compete in what is the SEC’s biggest bowl game. The Sugar Bowl is the bowl all SEC teams want to play in like the PAC and BIG all want to play in the Rose Bowl.

It’s pretty pitiful coaching if you can’t get your guys motivated to play in the Sugar Bowl. It was an opportunity for UGA to go out and prove they did deserve to be in the CFP rather than the meaningless NY6 Sugar Bowl - granddaddy of all bowls for SEC teams. Sucky bowl, nobody wants to be there except UT.

Texas was just happy to be there and got lucky UGA was all down in the mouth, unwilling to put forth any effort. Otherwise, it would’ve been Georgia 56, Texas 3.

Lucky Sips!  Whoop!!

No, sec teams do not look at the sugar bowl the same as the rose bowl. The rose bowl is in a class of its own. 

As for the sugar bowl, no, Georgia did not think that the granddaddy of them all. They had much bigger aspirations for their season than a bowl game vs a 9-4 Texas, regardless of what the name of the bowl is. If you can’t understand that, there’s no point in arguing. 

And btw I’m not arguing Georgia didn’t have bad coaching that game. They were not motivated or prepared as well as they should have been. But your logic is flawed. They could have beat Texas by 50, and nobody would have looked at them any different. End of the day they weren’t in the playoff and they knew it. 

That was a everything to lose for Georgia and absolutely nothing to gain. Exact opposite for Texas. They were a heavy underdog to most of the country and already playing with dealers money on a season better than many expected. Literally they had nothing to lose and all to gain. 

How many times have we seen the two sides of that tale happen? How many “trap weeks” do we talk about every season for elite teams. How many times do we see the upset we all thought could happen if the better team didn’t play with their heads on straight... Every single year we talk about that. I guess Georgia is just the first team in history to miss the playoff on a heartbreaking sec title loss and lose their chance at a natty, yet are super thrilled and pumped to beat a 4 loss Texas team everyone expected them to beat anyways... 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

And btw I’m not arguing Georgia didn’t have bad coaching that game. They were not motivated or prepared as well as they should have been. But your logic is flawed. They could have beat Texas by 50, and nobody would have looked at them any different. End of the day they weren’t in the playoff and they knew it. 

That was a everything to lose for Georgia and absolutely nothing to gain. Exact opposite for Texas. They were a heavy underdog to most of the country and already playing with dealers money on a season better than many expected. Literally they had nothing to lose and all to gain. 

How many times have we seen the two sides of that tale happen? How many “trap weeks” do we talk about every season for elite teams. How many times do we see the upset we all thought could happen if the better team didn’t play with their heads on straight... Every single year we talk about that. I guess Georgia is just the first team in history to miss the playoff on a heartbreaking sec title loss and lose their chance at a natty, yet are super thrilled and pumped to beat a 4 loss Texas team everyone expected them to beat anyways... 

Wet, the Sugar Bowl is the historically favorite bowl game for SEC teams. Why are you refuting this? 

Now, I do understand what you’re saying about they didn’t put their best foot forward.

Remember the year Auburn got the short end of the stick as an undefeated team, and didn’t get to play in the national championship game? Did they lay an egg in their bowl game, because their feelings were hurt? No, they went out and won and people remember them as possibly the greatest team ever that did not win the title. Their season was part of what drove the NCAA to do something different when it came to determining a champion. In that analogy I’ll agree with you that Auburn had more to play for that season than UGA did last season after missing out, but it’s still pretty close. Both teams missed out on their ultimate goal and apparently (per you) handled it completely differently.

I mean, you make it seem Georgia shouldn’t have even accepted the invitation to play in the game it was so beneath them.