Conference Realignment?

Stoney

8 hours ago, WETSU said:

It was meaningless for a Georgia team that was upset they weren’t in the playoff. You got one team that their season was damn near a failure to make it to the sugar bowl, and one team that the sugar bowl was like playing in the Super Bowl compared to what those guys have had the last few years. If you think motivation wasn’t a factor you’re a fool. I’m not saying that Georgia just laid over, but it was clear that entire game to anyone not wearing burnt orange that Georgia was asleep. I’m sorry if you don’t like that answer, but nearly every other fan from another fan base would acknowledge it. Texas played well, but you can’t deny that motivation isn’t/wasn’t a factor there and many other bowl games over the years. 

You do know Georgia only averaged about 19 yards a game more right? Both were top 25 in total rushing yards. And A&M had clemson and miss st on the schedule(two of the top run defenses in the country) that Georgia did not have to face... so laugh away all you want, it just shows your lack of knowledge for what actually happened. The stats do not lie. 

And my statement regarding A&M running is that I don’t believe Texas front 7 stopped Georgia completely on its own. I think one team wanted to be there more than the other and it showed for about 3 quarters. When Georgia finally wanted to play it was too late. Plus, my statement was geared towards I don’t think Texas front 7 holds up to the pounding it would have taken in a sec west schedule. I don’t think you guys give enough credit to how much more physical that league is up front. There’s a reason why the sec is putting out tons of front 7 players a year in the draft and the big 12 isn’t. 

Over 1000 of your rushing yards came in three games against patsies.  503 against northwestern state, 281 against ULM and 252 against UAB.  Don’t you think that skews your rushing yards per game a little bit???  I’m pretty sure I posted these very stats once before because you’re so into stats to back up your opinions.  

Honestly, it’s just an excuse SEC apologists throw out there for Georgia getting manhandled.

And that’s what it was, a manhandling then UGA scored some late game touchdowns to make the score look better than the game was played for 3-1/2 quarters. 

I guess if Texas beats LSU that’ll be deemed meaningless as well since LSU will have all season to get back into playoff contention if the lose in Austin. 

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Honestly, it’s just an excuse SEC apologists throw out there for Georgia getting manhandled.

And that’s what it was, a manhandling then UGA scored some late game touchdowns to make the score look better than the game was played for 3-1/2 quarters. 

I guess if Texas beats LSU that’ll be deemed meaningless as well since LSU will have all season to get back into playoff contention if the lose in Austin. 

Well it has been said the sec is undefeated in games they want to be in

7 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Well it has been said the sec is undefeated in games they want to be in

I think we should start saying Texas didn’t want to play in the Texas Bowl that year Arkansas held Texas to around 16 yards of total offense.

Texas wasn’t in interested in participating.

12 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Except when they play:

B8661D26-1A9C-42DC-8DBB-9C54CDD4D693.png

I was going to mention that. As the resident BAMA fan on the board, I can speak with credibility. It was the national championship game, so the “we didn’t want to be there” argument just doesn’t fly. Clemson manhandled us up front. They had a brilliant defensive game plan, which kept our defense on the field to the point where Lawrence and company just completely exposed us. I don’t do the SEC! SEC! deal. 

3 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I was going to mention that. As the resident BAMA fan on the board, I can speak with credibility. It was the national championship game, so the “we didn’t want to be there” argument just doesn’t fly. Clemson manhandled us up front. They had a brilliant defensive game plan, which kept our defense on the field to the point where Lawrence and company just completely exposed us. I don’t do the SEC! SEC! deal. 

When the sec sec deal is riding the back of  Bama you shouldn’t have to do it.... if you’re a Bama fan

37 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I will slap a 30 day suspension on Mavgrad if LSU loses to Texas. But seriously, this game should tell a lot about both teams early. That Herman’s rebuild is further along and that Texas could in fact be back. A good win for Orgeron could go a long way in smoothing over parts of the fan base that see him just as a place holder until the next big name coach comes calling.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I will slap a 30 day suspension on Mavgrad if LSU loses to Texas. But seriously, this game should tell a lot about both teams early. That Herman’s rebuild is further along and that Texas could in fact be back. A good win for Orgeron could go a long way in smoothing over parts of the fan base that see him just as a place holder until the next big name coach comes calling.

Rough on Mav

• LOL! 1

51 minutes ago, Stoney said:

^^This

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

And btw I’m not arguing Georgia didn’t have bad coaching that game. They were not motivated or prepared as well as they should have been. But your logic is flawed. They could have beat Texas by 50, and nobody would have looked at them any different. End of the day they weren’t in the playoff and they knew it. 

That was a everything to lose for Georgia and absolutely nothing to gain. Exact opposite for Texas. They were a heavy underdog to most of the country and already playing with dealers money on a season better than many expected. Literally they had nothing to lose and all to gain. 

How many times have we seen the two sides of that tale happen? How many “trap weeks” do we talk about every season for elite teams. How many times do we see the upset we all thought could happen if the better team didn’t play with their heads on straight... Every single year we talk about that. I guess Georgia is just the first team in history to miss the playoff on a heartbreaking sec title loss and lose their chance at a natty, yet are super thrilled and pumped to beat a 4 loss Texas team everyone expected them to beat anyways... 

Wet, Your hate for the Horns is so obvious, you are the only one that cant see it. You are borderline delusional when it comes to having rational discussions on the Horns. They whipped the SEC second best team, playing smash mouth football. Quit making excuses for Georgia. You are so wrapped up in recruiting rankings and potential that you cant see when someone just has a better football team. You are rational when it comes to every other topic but the Horns. 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

If what I am hearing about Joe Burrow is true for this season, everyone including Bama needs to be on high alert.  That’s all I have to say about that.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Wet, Your hate for the Horns is so obvious, you are the only one that cant see it. You are borderline delusional when it comes to having rational discussions on the Horns. They whipped the SEC second best team, playing smash mouth football. Quit making excuses for Georgia. You are so wrapped up in recruiting rankings and potential that you cant see when someone just has a better football team. You are rational when it comes to every other topic but the Horns. 

Go back and look at the posts before the Sugar Bowl on the Bowl thread.  It was "Georgia run game is a different animal compared to OU" and "it'll be like a JV team playing Georgia"

Didn't matter what the outcome was going to be.  If Georgia won it'd been "See, told you.  SEC!".  Texas wins, "Georgia wasn't interested".

Aggie fans have this mindset that Texas is just a soft Big 12 team.  While Texas has some flaws, playing physical football isn't one of them.  But you wont convince them of that.

• Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Go back and look at the posts before the Sugar Bowl on the Bowl thread.  It was "Georgia run game is a different animal compared to OU" and "it'll be like a JV team playing Georgia"

Didn't matter what the outcome was going to be.  If Georgia won it'd been "See, told you.  SEC!".  Texas wins, "Georgia wasn't interested".

Aggie fans have this mindset that Texas is just a soft Big 12 team.  While Texas has some flaws, playing physical football isn't one of them.  But you wont convince them of that.

Tell it!! 🤘🏻

15 hours ago, WETSU said:

I said it was my opinion. And of course you would disagree. But I think it’s more delusional to base 1 games results into thinking you could do that week in and week out in the sec west. 

5 of the 7 SEC west teams probably had a better front 7 than every big 12 team from a talent standpoint. I’m simply saying I do not believe they would have failed near as well against the run on either side of the LOS. That is just an observation and opinion because of the style of play and talent level differences in both leagues. 

I’m going to edit this... I said 6 of the 7 and I think that’s a stretch. Bama, LSU, Miss st, A&M and auburn all had quality front 7 play last season. Better than everyone in the big 12 except arguably Texas, who doesn’t count in the discussion we were having because it is about Texas playing an sec schedule. So 5 of the 7 not 6 like I said above. Believe it or not I do believe that impacts a team having to play that schedule vs the big 12 schedule in terms of health of RBs and linebackers. Yes for a game matchups matter, but I don’t believe Texas had the depth to stay healthy enough for similar results in the sec as they did in the big 12 because of the size difference in the players. Look it up I’m not making this up. The sec size in the trenches is a real thing for the majority of the west. 

I said the defenses would be tough to go against.  I wont argue that.

All I'm saying is the majority of these offenses aren't that great and it'd be easier to put a game plan like against Georgia and commit numbers to the run game and dare to pass.  Orlando has a long enough track record of defending these type offenses really good.  QB's from Arky, Kentucky, Miss. State last year were terrible.  It's honestly mind boggling that Nick Fitzgerald looked like a Heisman winner 3 years in a row against a&m but pretty bad overall the rest of the time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

OU offense was way better and more diverse than Georgia’s predictable trodding ground game.