Conference Realignment?

Stoney

6 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Over 1000 of your rushing yards came in three games against patsies.  503 against northwestern state, 281 against ULM and 252 against UAB.  Don’t you think that skews your rushing yards per game a little bit???  I’m pretty sure I posted these very stats once before because you’re so into stats to back up your opinions.  

Every single team in the country plays 3 easy games. Some of them just get them in conference play more than others. Get out of here with that...

3 hours ago, eagle34 said:

Wet, Your hate for the Horns is so obvious, you are the only one that cant see it. You are borderline delusional when it comes to having rational discussions on the Horns. They whipped the SEC second best team, playing smash mouth football. Quit making excuses for Georgia. You are so wrapped up in recruiting rankings and potential that you cant see when someone just has a better football team. You are rational when it comes to every other topic but the Horns. 

So... Maryland is a better football team? Oklahoma st is was a better football team? By your logic you better be prepared to say that a 6-6 Oklahoma st had a better football team than Texas last season. 

Im not irrational or delusional. My arguments make complete sense they just aren’t the circle jerk you’re guys are use to getting on orange bloods or hook em. 

3 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Go back and look at the posts before the Sugar Bowl on the Bowl thread.  It was "Georgia run game is a different animal compared to OU" and "it'll be like a JV team playing Georgia"

Didn't matter what the outcome was going to be.  If Georgia won it'd been "See, told you.  SEC!".  Texas wins, "Georgia wasn't interested".

Aggie fans have this mindset that Texas is just a soft Big 12 team.  While Texas has some flaws, playing physical football isn't one of them.  But you wont convince them of that.

The problem is, I watched Texas play soft several times last season. They were soft when Maryland and Oklahoma st beat them. You can beat your chest about how physical Texas is all you want. The fact is there were games LAST SEASON where it did not look like it.

But you guys have memories like Dori the fish... you’ll argue the results of your own freaking team like you barely even watch the games they play... 

2 hours ago, Red90fly said:

I said the defenses would be tough to go against.  I wont argue that.

All I'm saying is the majority of these offenses aren't that great and it'd be easier to put a game plan like against Georgia and commit numbers to the run game and dare to pass.  Orlando has a long enough track record of defending these type offenses really good.  QB's from Arky, Kentucky, Miss. State last year were terrible.  It's honestly mind boggling that Nick Fitzgerald looked like a Heisman winner 3 years in a row against a&m but pretty bad overall the rest of the time.

Nick Fitzgerald is just big. He’s hard to bring down and last season he threw up a couple prayers on 3rd and long that they came down with and busted for big plays. No excuses. Sometimes the ball just doesn’t go your way, and A&M got beat in the trenches and didn’t get any bounces against miss st. Recipe for failure on the road at night. 

21 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I better not open a Texas thread this season and see a single comment about how the team looks flat, or they need to wake up, or how they look asleep....

not one single post. Hypocrites. 

A team shouldn’t be flat in the Sugar Bowl! They simply got beat.

Really, as college football players they shouldn’t ever be unmotivated. Only get a finite # of games every season. 

6 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Really, as college football players they shouldn’t ever be unmotivated. Only get a finite # of games every season. 

And there it is....

saying a team SHOULDN'T be flat is not the same thing.  I agree they shouldn’t have been flat. But that doesn’t mean they weren’t. 

Ill save this thread and during the season when Texas looks asleep, (every team does a few times throughout the season) I better not hear you or anyone else say Texas better wake up or they came out flat. 

28 minutes ago, WETSU said:

And there it is....

saying a team SHOULDN'T be flat is not the same thing.  I agree they shouldn’t have been flat. But that doesn’t mean they weren’t. 

Ill save this thread and during the season when Texas looks asleep, (every team does a few times throughout the season) I better not hear you or anyone else say Texas better wake up or they came out flat. 

If I were you I wouldn’t want to save this thread..

😁

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

So... Maryland is a better football team? Oklahoma st is was a better football team? By your logic you better be prepared to say that a 6-6 Oklahoma st had a better football team than Texas last season. 

Im not irrational or delusional. My arguments make complete sense they just aren’t the circle jerk you’re guys are use to getting on orange bloods or hook em. 

Wet, I already said Maryland was a bad loss. Losing to Oklahoma state on the road by 3, imo is not a bad loss (Yes, that day Ok state was a better team.) My point was you are too worried about star ratings and recruiting and cant admit that Texas was a better team at the end of the season than Georgia. Saying a team got beat because they were upset about the bowl game they were in or got beat because they were flat or unmotivated is delusional. Give Texas the props they deserve. I give A&M props when they deserve it.

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

The problem is, I watched Texas play soft several times last season. They were soft when Maryland and Oklahoma st beat them. You can beat your chest about how physical Texas is all you want. The fact is there were games LAST SEASON where it did not look like it.

But you guys have memories like Dori the fish... you’ll argue the results of your own freaking team like you barely even watch the games they play... 

You’re also talking about year two under a coach. Inconsistency should be expected to a certain extent. In year four, it shouldn’t be an issue. If he’s that good of a recruiter, he should have “his guys” in place. I think this year will be a good indicator of where UT stands against OU, and if they’re truly “back”. 

34 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Wet, I already said Maryland was a bad loss. Losing to Oklahoma state on the road by 3, imo is not a bad loss (Yes, that day Ok state was a better team.) My point was you are too worried about star ratings and recruiting and cant admit that Texas was a better team at the end of the season than Georgia. Saying a team got beat because they were upset about the bowl game they were in or got beat because they were flat or unmotivated is delusional. Give Texas the props they deserve. I give A&M props when they deserve it.

Oklahoma st did not just instantly get better at playing the game of football for one day. They played motivated and Texas did not.I don’t think anyone would look at Oklahoma st compared to Texas and say Oklahoma st was a better team overall...  Most people are willing to admit that Texas played a little flat and uninspired while Oklahoma st played at a higher intensity level and just beat them. Why is that such a hard concept to believe? 

27 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

You’re also talking about year two under a coach. Inconsistency should be expected to a certain extent. In year four, it shouldn’t be an issue. If he’s that good of a recruiter, he should have “his guys” in place. I think this year will be a good indicator of where UT stands against OU, and if they’re truly “back”. 

I can agree on some of that. Year 2 is usually your big jump year and year 3 is typically your gonna get it done or not year. Statistics the last 30 years show if you don’t win the conference with a new coach in the first 3 years, you’re unlikely to win it under them. Not many coaches are successful at a stop if takes longer than 3 years. 

20 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I can agree on some of that. Year 2 is usually your big jump year and year 3 is typically your gonna get it done or not year. Statistics the last 30 years show if you don’t win the conference with a new coach in the first 3 years, you’re unlikely to win it under them. Not many coaches are successful at a stop if takes longer than 3 years. 

Year 2 of the Saban era at Alabama: Went unbeaten through the regular season, then got rolled by Florida in the SECCG. Laid an egg and lost to Utah in the Sugar Bowl. But UGA was in year 3 of the Kirby Smart era last year. In year 2 they won the SEC, beat OU in an incredible Rose Bowl game, and lost to BAMA in spectacular fashion in the national title game. I still believe they will win a couple of national championships under him. 

6 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Year 2 of the Saban era at Alabama: Went unbeaten through the regular season, then got rolled by Florida in the SECCG. Laid an egg and lost to Utah in the Sugar Bowl. But UGA was in year 3 of the Kirby Smart era last year. In year 2 they won the SEC, beat OU in an incredible Rose Bowl game, and lost to BAMA in spectacular fashion in the national title game. I still believe they will win a couple of national championships under him. 

That’s what I’m saying.... There haven’t been many coaches that haven’t won the conference in the first 3 years that ever go on to win one. 

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

You realize that non CFP bowl games are glorified scrimmages right? Remember when ou won the big xii and A&M beat them 41-14 despite finishing 5th in the SEC?

• Like 1

Wait a second... I knew db was beyond reason and that hearema/red/et al werent much better, but they really believe Georgia played their best game and got beat at their best? No way...

The hilarious thing is they have nothing to do with Texas other than buying t shirts and have this unearned smugness about them. Absolutely hilarious.

And does he legit sit here refreshing this page over and over hoping someone has responded to him? And then make snide remarks when someone doesn't respond within a few hours? Especially on a weekend? LOL I knew he didnt have much going on in life but DAMN. That's pretty pathetic, even for him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

That's what Im saying. Bama got beat by Okla. The same thing was said about Bama.

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Wait a second... I knew db was beyond reason and that hearema/red/et al werent much better, but they really believe Georgia played their best game and got beat at their best? No way...

The hilarious thing is they have nothing to do with Texas other than buying t shirts and have this unearned smugness about them. Absolutely hilarious.

And does he legit sit here refreshing this page over and over hoping someone has responded to him? And then make snide remarks when someone doesn't respond within a few hours? Especially on a weekend? LOL I knew he didnt have much going on in life but DAMN. That's pretty pathetic, even for him. 

I did not say UGA played their best game, but UT genuinely had Fromm off his game and did very well against the Georgia rushing game.  

Is the refresh and snide remarks comment you made meant for me?

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Is that where the sec chant started?  Or the overrated chant?

The “overrated” chant is one of the dumbest things in sports. 

You are basically chanting that your own team isn’t that good, the other team just ####.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1