Conference Realignment?

Stoney

24 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I did not say UGA played their best game, but UT genuinely had Fromm off his game and did very well against the Georgia rushing game.  

Is the refresh and snide remarks comment you made meant for me?

Nah. You weren't the one declaring victory because some of us have lives and other things to do on weekends, were you?

59 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I did not say UGA played their best game, but UT genuinely had Fromm off his game and did very well against the Georgia rushing game.  

Is the refresh and snide remarks comment you made meant for me?

So you acknowledge that Georgia didn’t play their best game.... Then why do you find it such a stretch when I say they played flat and uninspired for about 3 quarters? 

I clearly said a couple of times that it wasn’t the only reason Texas won. I acknowledged a couple of times that Texas played high intensity good football and that they had a good game plan. I just said Georgia played like they weren’t completely motivated. Why can they not all 3 be true? Why are you so insecure about the win you can’t acknowledge that there were motivation factors at play that could have lead to Georgia having a “not their best game?” 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

You realize that non CFP bowl games are glorified scrimmages right? Remember when ou won the big xii and A&M beat them 41-14 despite finishing 5th in the SEC?

I remember, we heard about it for 4 years

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

So you acknowledge that Georgia didn’t play their best game.... Then why do you find it such a stretch when I say they played flat and uninspired for about 3 quarters? 

I clearly said a couple of times that it wasn’t the only reason Texas won. I acknowledged a couple of times that Texas played high intensity good football and that they had a good game plan. I just said Georgia played like they weren’t completely motivated. Why can they not all 3 be true? Why are you so insecure about the win you can’t acknowledge that there were motivation factors at play that could have lead to Georgia having a “not their best game?” 

The punter going to his knee? Completely forced error. 🤣

3 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I am definitely not insecure about the win and how it played out. It can be all three things. I think Georgia came out not entirely ready to play and then when Texas started hitting them in the mouth they just couldn’t respond.

That’s exactly what I think happened. I think UGA tried to wake up in the first half, but Texas had so much pressure on them on both sides of the ball they just couldn’t get into gear. 

Those are my opinions on that game and thoughts about why it played out the way it did.

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Wait a second... I knew db was beyond reason and that hearema/red/et al werent much better, but they really believe Georgia played their best game and got beat at their best? No way...

The hilarious thing is they have nothing to do with Texas other than buying t shirts and have this unearned smugness about them. Absolutely hilarious.

And does he legit sit here refreshing this page over and over hoping someone has responded to him? And then make snide remarks when someone doesn't respond within a few hours? Especially on a weekend? LOL I knew he didnt have much going on in life but DAMN. That's pretty pathetic, even for him. 

Maybe Texas had a little something to do with them not having their best game.  I seem to remember two (1,000 yards each) running backs that seemed a bit chippy during the game.  Texas held them to 72 yds.  

The hilarious thing to us is that’s the Aggie go to in arguments..... didn’t go to school there or T-shirt fans.....  that really burns you guys up.  If that were the case I’d be mad too if the only team I could root for is the mediocre (regardless of conference affiliation) Aggies.  I guess if the highlight of recent memory was a cotton bowl victory or losing to Clemson by 2 I’d be mad and taking my frustration out on message board posters too.  I still have the T-shirt from Texas’ last NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.  It’s a little tattered now.  However I can still remember watching it live on TV.  Do they even have the Aggies last one on 8mm?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Georgia looked unprepared for that game.  I believe they were motivated, but they also thought they were a top 4 team and should just be able to show up and beat Texas who isn't completely back to the VY/Shipley days...  Texas whipped them like Bama did everyone in the SEC this year.  People can make whatever excuse they want, but no one wants to go home dragging their but on the carpet like a beaten dog like Georgia did.  They didn't try as hard, because it should have been easy... they came in with the guard down and got punched in the mouth by a motivated, prepared team and coaching staff.  Texas was better that day, which means (at least in my mind) they were better than Georgia that season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I am definitely not insecure about the win and how it played out. It can be all three things. I think Georgia came out not entirely ready to play and then when Texas started hitting them in the mouth they just couldn’t respond.

That’s exactly what I think happened. I think UGA tried to wake up in the first half, but Texas had so much pressure on them on both sides of the ball they just couldn’t get into gear. 

Those are my opinions on that game and thoughts about why it played out the way it did.

So if you’re willing to admit that Georgia came out not ready to play, why the hell have you been arguing with me this whole time like that is some unfathomable idea?!? 

I will say it’s not easy to “wake up” from a slow start. We’ve seen it from all our teams at some point. in a bowl game I think it’s even harder to shake. 

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

Georgia looked unprepared for that game.  I believe they were motivated, but they also thought they were a top 4 team and should just be able to show up and beat Texas who isn't completely back to the VY/Shipley days...  Texas whipped them like Bama did everyone in the SEC this year.  People can make whatever excuse they want, but no one wants to go home dragging their but on the carpet like a beaten dog like Georgia did.  They didn't try as hard, because it should have been easy... they came in with the guard down and got punched in the mouth by a motivated, prepared team and coaching staff.  Texas was better that day, which means (at least in my mind) they were better than Georgia that season.

That’s acceptable by most people. 

Apparently not to Texas fans. Georgia was 100% their best and motivation or mental preparation has absolutely nothing to do with football games... 🙄

4 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth”. - Mike Tyson

Texas punched Georgia in the mouth the entire first quarter.  Georgia didn’t have an answer

Tom Herman completely out maneuvered Kirby Smart in every way from CCG weekend to the New Years Bowl Day(s)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth”. - Mike Tyson

Texas punched Georgia in the mouth the entire first quarter.  Georgia didn’t have an answer

So did OU to Bama! Now, which was has been the better team since?

23 minutes ago, WETSU said:

So if you’re willing to admit that Georgia came out not ready to play, why the hell have you been arguing with me this whole time like that is some unfathomable idea?!? 

I will say it’s not easy to “wake up” from a slow start. We’ve seen it from all our teams at some point. in a bowl game I think it’s even harder to shake. 

I’ve contended the Sugar Bowl was not, is not and will never be a meaningless game to Georgia or anyone else no matter the circumstances. It is one of the biggest bowl games played each year. 

Now, I do concede UGA may not have come out firing on all cylinders, but is that accurate? If it is accurate, we don’t actually know why. We can assume, but I also believe they wanted to get going in the right direction much earlier than late in the 3rd just couldn’t manage it.

Texas was locked in that night, ready to play and I was thrilled to see it. 

Now, here’s the big question for me to you.......

Why is it top priority for you to always find some justification for discrediting, diminishing and dismissing anything positive the Longhorns do or accomplish? Most Aggie fans loathe UT more than any level of hate I’ve seen anywhere else in the world, and that includes Democrats/Liberals’ hate for Trump - and that’s saying something. Haha. 🙂

56 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Maybe Texas had a little something to do with them not having their best game.  I seem to remember two (1,000 yards each) running backs that seemed a bit chippy during the game.  Texas held them to 72 yds.  

The hilarious thing to us is that’s the Aggie go to in arguments..... didn’t go to school there or T-shirt fans.....  that really burns you guys up.  If that were the case I’d be mad too if the only team I could root for is the mediocre (regardless of conference affiliation) Aggies.  I guess if the highlight of recent memory was a cotton bowl victory or losing to Clemson by 2 I’d be mad and taking my frustration out on message board posters too.  I still have the T-shirt from Texas’ last NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.  It’s a little tattered now.  However I can still remember watching it live on TV.  Do they even have the Aggies last one on 8mm?  

Aggies, you gotta admit, this post is 🔥🔥

35 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I’ve contended the Sugar Bowl was not, is not and will never be a meaningless game to Georgia or anyone else no matter the circumstances. It is one of the biggest bowl games played each year. 

Now, I do concede UGA may not have come out firing on all cylinders, but is that accurate? If it is accurate, we don’t actually know why. We can assume, but I also believe they wanted to get going in the right direction much earlier than late in the 3rd just couldn’t manage it.

Texas was locked in that night, ready to play and I was thrilled to see it. 

Now, here’s the big question for me to you.......

Why is it top priority for you to always find some justification for discrediting, diminishing and dismissing anything positive the Longhorns do or accomplish? Most Aggie fans loathe UT more than any level of hate I’ve seen anywhere else in the world, and that includes Democrats/Liberals’ hate for Trump - and that’s saying something. Haha. 🙂

Well for starters, I didn’t go there. DB did. All i said was that A&M playing Georgia in November on the road is meaningful game. Imo, yes Georgia will be more focused and a tougher opponent at home than the sugar bowl on the road. Because I already know where DB was going. He’s going to point to next years aggie game at Georgia and if they lose he’s going to say something along the lines of well Texas could beat them and A&M couldn’t so blah blah... I’m simply saying I think conference games are more meaningful than bowl games that’s all my intent was. Y’alls overreaction to that is what gets us where we are....

second off, I don’t hate Texas. I just hate it’s fans. This was a meaningful legitimate argument about teams being motivated that y’all weren’t mature enough to discuss simply because it came from an Aggie and you took it personal when it wasn’t. It was just an observation. One that if you were being honest with yourself you could admit there is truth to sometimes. My argument was always, Texas played well and Georgia played like they didn’t want to be there. You then acted like it was impossible for a team to lose because of motivation, instead of just being level headed enough to consider all the factors. Yes Texas played well. Yes Texas punched them in the mouth. Yes Georgia couldn’t recover. But it’s also extremely possible if not likely that it’s a big yes to my side of the argument as well. That Georgia was asleep, wasn’t as motivated and that coupled with playing a talented team cost them. 

21 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Well for starters, I didn’t go there. DB did. All i said was that A&M playing Georgia in November on the road is meaningful game. Imo, yes Georgia will be more focused and a tougher opponent at home than the sugar bowl on the road. Because I already know where DB was going. He’s going to point to next years aggie game at Georgia and if they lose he’s going to say something along the lines of well Texas could beat them and A&M couldn’t so blah blah... I’m simply saying I think conference games are more meaningful than bowl games that’s all my intent was. Y’alls overreaction to that is what gets us where we are....

second off, I don’t hate Texas. I just hate it’s fans. This was a meaningful legitimate argument about teams being motivated that y’all weren’t mature enough to discuss simply because it came from an Aggie and you took it personal when it wasn’t. It was just an observation. One that if you were being honest with yourself you could admit there is truth to sometimes. My argument was always, Texas played well and Georgia played like they didn’t want to be there. You then acted like it was impossible for a team to lose because of motivation, instead of just being level headed enough to consider all the factors. Yes Texas played well. Yes Texas punched them in the mouth. Yes Georgia couldn’t recover. But it’s also extremely possible if not likely that it’s a big yes to my side of the argument as well. That Georgia was asleep, wasn’t as motivated and that coupled with playing a talented team cost them. 

I will meet you in the middle and agree with you that motivation can and sometimes does factor into the outcome of a game. I’ll go so far as to (like I have in above posts) agree with you that Georgia seemed a little out of sorts at the beginning of the game. I think when they wanted to turn it on UT was already clicking on all cylinders and the Dawgs couldn’t catch up.

You’ve stated Texas played well and said that was an obvious factor in the outcome of the game. 

I stated you made it out like Georgia shouldn’t have even accepted the bowl invitation they were so disenchanted about playing in the game. I stand by that comment due to some of your posts further up thread. 

We wanted you to give Texas credit for their performance and you’ve done so, but with some qualifications..or an asterisk. Hey, I guess that’s better than nothin’!

48 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I asked a question.   Plain and simple.  I just wanted to know what thought meaningful meant.  Yes Georgia will still be in the playoff hunt then.  If y’all are sitting there with 3-4 losses at that time does that mean it isn’t meaningful to y’all?  If you do have 3-4 losses, will y’all not be motivated?

This wasn’t a legitimate conversation.  It was you trying to berate Texas’ win over a team the majority of sec rides the coattails of.  

Youve said georgia got off to a slow start.  How about Texas got off to a hot start on both sides of the ball.  Eagle34 hit the nail on the head about you.  

7 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I will meet you in the middle and agree with you that motivation can and sometimes does factor into the outcome of a game. I’ll go so far as to (like I have in above posts) agree with you that Georgia seemed a little out of sorts at the beginning of the game. I think when they wanted to turn it on UT was already clicking on all cylinders and the Dawgs couldn’t catch up.

You’ve stated Texas played well and said that was an obvious factor in the outcome of the game. 

I stated you made it out like Georgia shouldn’t have even accepted the bowl invitation they were so disenchanted about playing in the game. I stand by that comment due to some of your posts further up thread. 

We wanted you to give Texas credit for their performance and you’ve done so, but with some qualifications..or an asterisk. Hey, I guess that’s better than nothin’!

No you’re insecure so you’re taking in with an asterisk. 

I don’t care if Texas wins or loses it and that’s the problem. You think because my team of choice is A&M, that any observation I make about a game is completely one sided against Texas. I assure you, that’s not the case. Like I’ve said, it’s texas fan base I don’t like not the team. 

It in no way shape or form diminished the victory or is me putting an asterisk on it by me stating Georgia was asleep for the first half. And I don’t believe that when you enter a game asleep, you can get out of that very often. I think by the time you enter a game half assed, you’re pretty much going to play that way the entire game. Now sure some teams the talent differential is great enough that you can sleepwalk and still pull out a victory. Sometimes even decent sized ones. But Texas is good enough that when Georgia entered slow, they weren’t going to overcome it unless Texas lost its intensity, which it didn’t. But like I said, it’s a good win for Texas regardless whether you think I was putting an asterisk on it. 

7 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I asked a question.   Plain and simple.  I just wanted to know what thought meaningful meant.  Yes Georgia will still be in the playoff hunt then.  If y’all are sitting there with 3-4 losses at that time does that mean it isn’t meaningful to y’all?  

This wasn’t a legitimate conversation.  It was you trying to berate Texas’ win over a team the majority of sec rides the coattails of.  

Youve said georgia got off to a slow start.  How about Texas got off to a hot start on both sides of the ball.  Eagle34 hit the nail on the head about you.  

The adults are talking. 

But to answer your question, yes it’s meaningful to both teams if that’s the scenario. One is hungry for an upset and one is playing for a title. That wasn’t the case in the sugar bowl. One was playing for an upset and one was just playing. If you guys think Georgia landing in the sugar bowl wasn’t a huge disappointment from what their season expectations were, I don’t know what to tell you. This was a national title or bust campaign from them and they knew they could have been there.