Conference Realignment?

Stoney

3 hours ago, AKA said:

Same, but only online. Most of my interactions with 'Horns/Aggies in real life are generally constructive. 

But LSU fans? Ugh. They're all literally Hitler. 

I lived in Tucson, AZ for for several years. I had season tickets each year I was there. Arizona has never been to the Rose Bowl, and only has 3 double digit win seasons in their history. I'm fairly certain they actually have more losing seasons in their history than winning, lol. And yet every season is the same thing from the fans there..."This is the year we finally make the Rose Bowl!!!". By the 4th game, "Bring on basketball season.". 

2 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I lived in Tucson, AZ for for several years. I had season tickets each year I was there. Arizona has never been to the Rose Bowl, and only has 3 double digit win seasons in their history. I'm fairly certain they actually have more losing seasons in their history than winning, lol. And yet every season is the same thing from the fans there..."This is the year we finally make the Rose Bowl!!!". By the 4th game, "Bring on basketball season.". 

Arizona is a great state.  They don’t care about much until there is something worth caring about... but they still financially support their teams

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

Arizona is a great state.  They don’t care about much until there is something worth caring about... but they still financially support their teams

Oh absolutely! But it's nauseating listening to them during football season. I like to tease all my Aggie friends about how bad they are, but the truth is, I've never heard a fanbase talk so loudly while never accomplishing anything as Arizona Wildcat football fans...well, except may Philadelphia Eagle fans. 😂

9 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Oh absolutely! But it's nauseating listening to them during football season. I like to tease all my Aggie friends about how bad they are, but the truth is, I've never heard a fanbase talk so loudly while never accomplishing anything as Arizona Wildcat football fans...well, except may Philadelphia Eagle fans. 😂

I had friends in Atlanta that were Kentucky fans... they still talk about the days of Jared Lorenzen and the Blue Grass Miracle... 

• LOL! 1

I worked at a summer camp in college and became friends with many students at schools across the Big 12, SEC, and even some Big 10 schools. Of course, I went to a small d2 school that didn't even have a football team, and being that I have a few people in my family that are Longhorns, I would get in on the sports talk and banter between schools. (Many knew of my UT ties, but I never acted like I went there, mind you), I just love talking sports, especially college football. I was actually going to go to Alabama but instead chose to go to my little private university because it was in Dallas. That allowed me to work with multiple sports teams during my college days - really glad I went that route, but I digress.

I enjoyed my friends that went to Arkansas, Bama, UT, A&M (although you get them all in a room and they do their dang chants and that gets kinda annoying), Tech, LSU, and the list goes on. Some awesome people. However, the WORST fans I encountered, and by fans I mean students, was no doubt Baylor. Holy cow. Maybe this was because it was during peak Art Briles, but I had never met a more arrogant group of fans with nothing to show for it than those guys. Good people, but when it came to talking football or sports in general, I had to walk out of the room. They talked about their "rivalry" with Texas and screamed "61-58" or whatever that score was, to TCU folks every chance they got. They aren't as bad now, but it sometimes comes out every football season and it grinds my gears. 

Internet fans are the worst though. When Texas was playing Georgia in the Sugar Bowl, I was reading forums prior to game day and Georgia fans were ruthless. I understand people don't like Texas, but geez. You would have thought they played every year. In person, no issues. Online, it was a firing squad. 

I've become pretty good at ignoring people who don't want to talk about the topic and resort to insults. At least in sports. Politics is another animal lol

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

I worked at a summer camp in college and became friends with many students at schools across the Big 12, SEC, and even some Big 10 schools. Of course, I went to a small d2 school that didn't even have a football team, and being that I have a few people in my family that are Longhorns, I would get in on the sports talk and banter between schools. (Many knew of my UT ties, but I never acted like I went there, mind you), I just love talking sports, especially college football. I was actually going to go to Alabama but instead chose to go to my little private university because it was in Dallas. That allowed me to work with multiple sports teams during my college days - really glad I went that route, but I digress.

I enjoyed my friends that went to Arkansas, Bama, UT, A&M (although you get them all in a room and they do their dang chants and that gets kinda annoying), Tech, LSU, and the list goes on. Some awesome people. However, the WORST fans I encountered, and by fans I mean students, was no doubt Baylor. Holy cow. Maybe this was because it was during peak Art Briles, but I had never met a more arrogant group of fans with nothing to show for it than those guys. Good people, but when it came to talking football or sports in general, I had to walk out of the room. They talked about their "rivalry" with Texas and screamed "61-58" or whatever that score was, to TCU folks every chance they got. They aren't as bad now, but it sometimes comes out every football season and it grinds my gears. 

Internet fans are the worst though. When Texas was playing Georgia in the Sugar Bowl, I was reading forums prior to game day and Georgia fans were ruthless. I understand people don't like Texas, but geez. You would have thought they played every year. In person, no issues. Online, it was a firing squad. 

I've become pretty good at ignoring people who don't want to talk about the topic and resort to insults. At least in sports. Politics is another animal lol

Yes Baylor fans are the worst. There was one on here for a while that was nuts. It had to be a satire account by someone else on the board because nobody could be that level of naive and still function. 

57 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Yes Baylor fans are the worst. There was one on here for a while that was nuts. It had to be a satire account by someone else on the board because nobody could be that level of naive and still function. 

Crazy what 3-4 years of some success will do. Not going to lie, watching them get knocked down a few levels gave me joy. Nothing like some humble pie.

On 7/11/2019 at 10:12 AM, WETSU said:

giphy.gif

• LOL! 1

On 7/7/2019 at 8:39 PM, trueblue82 said:

Remember when every thread didn’t turn into a Aggie vs Longhorn urination contest? 

Yeah me neither. 

The Aggies on this board are on every thread spreading their gospel. It can be entertaining for a few pages, but then it turns into the same inane argument on every thread. After around the third WETSU Aggie soliloquy, most tap out. 

• LOL! 2

2 minutes ago, MtVernonSuperFan said:

The Aggies on this board are on every thread spreading their gospel. It can be entertaining for a few pages, but then it turns into the same inane argument on every thread. After around the third WETSU Aggie soliloquy, most tap out. 

Spoken like a true orangeblood. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

So, instead of being UT’s little brother, he’s like their redheaded step brother? 

No. He’s more like the little drag queen kid that the brothers invite over to play sometimes because dad(state government) makes them.  

4 minutes ago, MtVernonSuperFan said:

WETSU’s Freudian slip!

How so? I’m literally sitting here looking at the article that discusses how Texas legislature forced Texas and A&M to include Texas tech and Baylor in any conference movements prior to the big 12. I pulled it up because I knew you would have something to say, and I would have to educate you, like usual. 

At the time, the LT Gov was a Baylor graduate and the speaker of the house was a Tech graduate. They essentially strong armed their way along in the big 12. That’s how they got in and teams like Houston and TCU got left out. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WETSU said:

At the time, the LT Gov was a Baylor graduate and the speaker of the house was a Tech graduate. They essentially strong armed their way along in the big 12. That’s how they got in and teams like Houston and TCU got left out. 

True story!

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

There is really no other explanation besides that as to why anyone would choose Baylor over Houston.

7 hours ago, WETSU said:

How so? I’m literally sitting here looking at the article that discusses how Texas legislature forced Texas and A&M to include Texas tech and Baylor in any conference movements prior to the big 12. I pulled it up because I knew you would have something to say, and I would have to educate you, like usual. 

You must be unfamiliar with the meaning of a Freudian slip. Growing up being a "little drag queen kid" must have been tough. Just be yourself, we will all accept you. 

3 minutes ago, MtVernonSuperFan said:

You must be unfamiliar with the meaning of a Freudian slip. Growing up being a "little drag queen kid" must have been tough. Just be yourself, we will all accept you. 

No I’m fully aware of the meaning. I’m not sure you are.