Conference Realignment?

Stoney

1 minute ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

They should spend more time mowing Jimbo's yard and trying to adjust his hat to the correct size (maybe find a doctor/vet to remove water from his head)...than spending time trolling Texas and wishing they could be Longhorns. 

Please remain on topic. This is about the Big XII title game, and no networks running it as of right now in odd-numbered years. Not about Jimbo Fisher. 

Who do you think will pick the game up? 

On 1/15/2019 at 9:42 PM, lion70 said:

Should just added Houston Ucf and maybe Cincinnati and South Florida but big 12 was afraid they Baylor/tcu would happen. 

This just further shows your hate for the Big12 or that you actually can’t comprehend that would be a stupid move.  That scenario will end the Big12 and is a dumb move.  

On 1/15/2019 at 9:43 PM, lion70 said:

Was somewhat a doubt depends on who you ask was the best team . OU or Texas.

Big12 refs obviously thought OU was

if they go into some wild expansion mode...then Houston probably will be the natural then I feel the other will be one of Memphis/Central Florida/BYU

if West Virginia for some reason leaves in that round of NCAA expansions, which I could see (I could see them being a team the SEC tries to get), then maybe 2 of the above 3 teams.

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

This just further shows your hate for the Big12 or that you actually can’t comprehend that would be a stupid move.  That scenario will end the Big12 and is a dumb move.  

His scenario would make the Big XII like the AAC... decent, but not deserving of a playoff berth

38 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Nah, we're happy Georgia lost to Texas. Georgia was ahead of us in recruiting. Texas was not lmao

Also, please stay on topic. This thread is about who will pick up the Big XII title game, not the Sugar Bowl. Thanks!

Actually your topic title said the game had been dropped (exact verbiage as I cited from Texags) and since that’s not true there is no topic to stay on.  Had the topic said “Fox opts out of signing the odd year Big12 championship games” or “odd year Big 12 championships still not under contract”, then there would’ve been truth instead of an outright trolling job it is.  You started trolling, expect trolling back

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

1 minute ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

if they go into some wild expansion mode...then Houston probably will be the natural then I feel the other will be one of Memphis/Central Florida/BYU

if West Virginia for some reason leaves in that round of NCAA expansions, which I could see (I could see them being a team the SEC tries to get), then maybe 2 of the above 3 teams.

The problem with the BigXII is everything feels “Natural” but if you look at the landscape of things, it’s all Texas and Oklahoma schools with some outliers... while the BigXII stays regional, the rest of college football is expanding nationally.

On 1/16/2019 at 8:45 AM, MavGrad99 said:

His scenario would make the Big XII like the AAC... decent, but not deserving of a playoff berth

Watered down, not decent.  He can’t even see the only Mid Major that could possibly benefit a P5 conference would be Memphis. 

On 1/16/2019 at 8:47 AM, MavGrad99 said:

The problem with the BigXII is everything feels “Natural” but if you look at the landscape of things, it’s all Texas and Oklahoma schools with some outliers... while the BigXII stays regional, the rest of college football is expanding nationally.

Who is expanding?

On 1/16/2019 at 8:45 AM, CoachPelvisPresley said:

If two teams are added, one needs to be a decent and reputable P5 team if not both.  

19 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

If two teams are added, one needs to be a decent and reputable P5 team if not both.  

Who would leave where they're at to go to the Big XII? 

I think a more likely scenario is there being 4 super conferences who's 4 champions compete in the CFP.... And that meaning the Big XII gets broken up and absorbed into other conferences. Not any time soon, mind you. 

10 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Who would leave where they're at to go to the Big XII? 

I think a more likely scenario is there being 4 super conferences who's 4 champions compete in the CFP.... And that meaning the Big XII gets broken up and absorbed into other conferences. Not any time soon, mind you. 

Which is why I’ve said expanding for the sake of expansion (ucf, Houston, USF,etc) is dumb.  The only way you expand is to better the conference.    

17 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Who would you want to add who would legit leave their current situation? 

I said many times, Arkansas and Memphis would be the only two I’d take in a  P5/G5 combination.  It would be a good opportunity for both.  Arkansas, in its current condition, needs a good change of scenery and would help their recruiting by being back in Texas more (especially with Morris).  Memphis is a geographical fit, has had more than just a couple years of football success, has a good basketball program, and has ties to Fedex (could help in sponsorships).

i don’t think the Arizona schools would leave the pac as it would likely sever their California recruiting even though the current Big12 money pays more than they get from PAC 12

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Who is expanding?  

When conferences expand.  Last expansion we had the SEC add 2 new states.  Big 10 added several new states when they expanded.  PAC was going after Texas and Oklahoma during realignment...  BigXII went after TCU and added WVU...  TCU only made sense as to the strength of their football program.  Everything else at the time was a mess...  their basketball program was considered one of the worst in the country at the time.  Their baseball program was almost nothing...  if anything, the B12 helped TCU more than TCU helping the B12...

On 1/16/2019 at 8:41 AM, DB2point0 said:

Big12 refs obviously thought OU was

Well they were the team that legitimately was going to the playoffs .

23 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I said many times, Arkansas and Memphis would be the only two I’d take in a  P5/G5 combination.  It would be a good opportunity for both.  Arkansas, in its current condition, needs a good change of scenery and would help their recruiting by being back in Texas more (especially with Morris).  Memphis is a geographical fit, has had more than just a couple years of football success, has a good basketball program, and has ties to Fedex (could help in sponsorships).

i don’t think the Arizona schools would leave the pac as it would likely sever their California recruiting even though the current Big12 money pays more than they get from PAC 12

No one leaving a more successful conference for a less than stable conference especially one of which is better . That would be stupid. You don't do that for a lateral move. Now Memphis would be upgrading their situation so I agree with you there. Sec, big10, Notra dame is a pipe dream. I have a better shot at winning a grammar essay on becoming a Mod than a power 5 going to the Big 12.

23 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Which is why I’ve said expanding for the sake of expansion (ucf, Houston, USF,etc) is dumb.  The only way you expand is to better the conference.    

Nothing wrong with adding a couple of decent teams you yourself talked about Memphis. You can't be choosey

On 1/16/2019 at 8:39 AM, DB2point0 said:

Big 12 on borrowed time anyway. Stupid is thinking a Acc, sec team is leaving the big 12. Let's not act like Houston, Memphis doesn't bring so much less than Iowa State or tech. It's Ou and Texas plain a simple they decide the fate. 

• Stinks 1

On 1/15/2019 at 9:56 PM, lion70 said:

Yeah most don't take seriously . I mean you can't get a legit answer on there.

Well I’ve seen some exact quotes from that site right here on sdc.....verbatim 

22 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

When conferences expand.  Last expansion we had the SEC add 2 new states.  Big 10 added several new states when they expanded.  PAC was going after Texas and Oklahoma during realignment...  BigXII went after TCU and added WVU...  TCU only made sense as to the strength of their football program.  Everything else at the time was a mess...  their basketball program was considered one of the worst in the country at the time.  Their baseball program was almost nothing...  if anything, the B12 helped TCU more than TCU helping the B12...

Your original statement sounded like it was happening now.  

21 hours ago, lion70 said:

Nothing wrong with adding a couple of decent teams you yourself talked about Memphis. You can't be choosey

There’s a reason I said Memphis and even went into detail.  It doesn’t just have to be about a 26 game win streak.  What else does the mid major bring to the conference?  Is ucf good at the other sports.  Do they sell out their home games?  Do their fans travel any?

22 hours ago, lion70 said:

No one leaving a more successful conference for a less than stable conference especially one of which is better . That would be stupid. You don't do that for a lateral move. Now Memphis would be upgrading their situation so I agree with you there. Sec, big10, Notra dame is a pipe dream. I have a better shot at winning a grammar essay on becoming a Mod than a power 5 going to the Big 12.

If you can’t see how it could benefit Arkansas you should take your sec glasses off.  If Arkansas is ok with cheering for Bama (enter sec chant here) and being a minnow in the pond I guess you’re right.  As of right now, Arkansas is 5-6 years from being relevant in their conference (finishing top 3 in division).  

Does it happen??  Who knows!?!  I know there’s been talks behind the scenes.  Several Big12 folks want it to happen it just matters if Arkansas is content wearing an sec patch and drawing a check because that’s their next 10 years as it looks right now.

• Like 2

I agree with DB. Memphis would be a good team for the Big XII. And it would bring in a new TV market. 

Arkansas fans have said on their sites that they'd be a better fit in the Big XII. They're good at basketball and darn good at baseball too. I don't know if it'd be THAT good for Arkansas. They could compete in football and baseball, but what they get in the SEC, they'd lose. SEC Network and the money that comes with it are great. We get to see all of our teams events and such (even the smaller sports) online. Sadly there isn't a Big XII Network because of the LHN. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lion70 said:

Big 12 on borrowed time anyway. Stupid is thinking a Acc, sec team is leaving the big 12. Let's not act like Houston, Memphis doesn't bring so much less than Iowa State or tech. It's Ou and Texas plain a simple they decide the fate. 

If they were in the B12, they wouldn't be an ACC or SEC team now would they. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I agree with DB. Memphis would be a good team for the Big XII. And it would bring in a new TV market. 

Arkansas fans have said on their sites that they'd be a better fit in the Big XII. They're good at basketball and darn good at baseball too. I don't know if it'd be THAT good for Arkansas. They could compete in football and baseball, but what they get in the SEC, they'd lose. SEC Network and the money that comes with it are great. We get to see all of our teams events and such (even the smaller sports) online. Sadly there isn't a Big XII Network because of the LHN. 

Arkansas + Memphis sounds good if the B12 could make it happen

On 1/16/2019 at 11:03 AM, DB2point0 said:

Well I’ve seen some exact quotes from that site right here on sdc.....verbatim 

Stop using big words .....

On 1/16/2019 at 11:08 AM, DB2point0 said:

There’s a reason I said Memphis and even went into detail.  It doesn’t just have to be about a 26 game win streak.  What else does the mid major bring to the conference?  Is ucf good at the other sports.  Do they sell out their home games?  Do their fans travel any?

Hey they are a recent National Champion something your conference hasn't seen in quite a while.

On 1/16/2019 at 11:14 AM, DB2point0 said:

Does it happen??  Who knows!?!  I know there’s been talks behind the scenes.  Several Big12 folks want it to happen it just matters if Arkansas is content wearing an sec patch and drawing a check because that’s their next 10 years as it looks right now.

Of course the big 12 wants it they want anyone like that. I wanna be an rode scholar or work as a coach at A&M but guess what it ain't in the cards. Not much benefit for Arkansas leaving and some Arkie fans that are friends of yours and exactly an insider. 

On 1/16/2019 at 11:52 AM, CoachPelvisPresley said:

I have wondered for quite some time why there can't be Big 12 Network as well that works parallel to LHN somewhat. It may could even play some LHN "product" at random times. 

That would actually make more $$ and would actually benefit the conference but ou might be carrying the load as in viewers. I could see it working if it was forced liked the lhn is with ESPN.

On 1/16/2019 at 12:13 PM, Lobo97 said:

If they were in the B12, they wouldn't be an ACC or SEC team now would they. 

My mistake LoL you obviously are smart enough to get the point

On 1/16/2019 at 1:14 PM, MavGrad99 said:

Arkansas + Memphis sounds good if the B12 could make it happen

Why would Arkie do that . Definitely a upgrade for Memphis. I actually like that move but can't see any sec team leaving especially for a conference that maybe not around in ten years and is run by two teams. Yeah I am sure FSU, Arkie, Arizona ect are knocking on the door.....

• LOL! 1
  • Confused 1