Conference Realignment?

Stoney

On 1/14/2019 at 3:47 PM, ETXfan16 said:

Texas could go independent, but idk if that's the best move. I have always thought that the PAC would get a few teams from the big 12 fallout (if it happens), so the late games wouldn't be that much of a factor. 

Texas fans wouldn't be happy watching their team kick off at 9pm, would they? Remember when Texas played Cal a few years ago? That game started so late. I guess they could work with scheduling to make sure that Texas teams only get one game a year to start that late. 

On 1/14/2019 at 3:48 PM, Valhalla said:

Texas will never be in the SEC.

I don’t think they want to be and even if they did there will be a block of schools who would say NO to protect their exclusivity of their own state. 

What about OU? Would you want your Sooners in the SEC? 

If the sec expanded it would probably be Nc state and -va tech those acc teams that don't have a strong basketball ties and don't have in state blockers.

OU would be the only one considered  for the sec but better chance at seeing Arkansas leave than that. OU brings a strong program and history but not more money. 

Big 12 only expands if ou and or Texas leave. They probably cease to exist if both leave.

No one leaving the sec big 10 or acc for a less stable conference. Big 12 missed on Louisville and should have added Houston and Cincinnati /Memphis. Status quo .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Texas and Oklahoma will be able to go wherever they want, and take Oklahoma State and Texas Tech with them...

From there it will be a free for all...

Kansas & K-State - Big 10

After that I think the ACC makes a big push to come into Texas. Whether it be with TCU, or even Texas, I think they make a big run to get a foothold here. I think Houston is a good candidate for them right now even though Uncle Tillman wants the Big XII. 

Iowa State and Baylor will be the big losers for realignment. If not for the Briles saga, I think Baylor would have been attached to Texas as well...

I would take Texas, OU, Ok St and TTU in the SEC.  That would be fun...  

WEST_ TAMU, UT, OU, OSU, TTU, LSU, OLE MISS, MISS ST, ARKANSAS

EAST- FLORIDA, GEORGIA, SO CAR, AUBURN, VANDY, TENN, BAMA, KENTUCKY, MIZZOU,

The Wild Card could be West Virginia... They could fit in the SEC East also...  so who could/would you take to make it a 20 team Conference?

On 1/14/2019 at 3:49 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

Texas fans wouldn't be happy watching their team kick off at 9pm, would they? Remember when Texas played Cal a few years ago? That game started so late. I guess they could work with scheduling to make sure that Texas teams only get one game a year to start that late. 

That's my thought process on it. No doubt the 9pm games aren't ideal, but I'm sure they would figure out a way to fix that.

On 1/14/2019 at 3:55 PM, MavGrad99 said:

I would take Texas, OU, Ok St and TTU in the SEC.  That would be fun...  

WEST_ TAMU, UT, OU, OSU, TTU, LSU, OLE MISS, MISS ST, ARKANSAS

EAST- FLORIDA, GEORGIA, SO CAR, AUBURN, VANDY, TENN, BAMA, KENTUCKY, MIZZOU,

The Wild Card could be West Virginia... They could fit in the SEC East also...  so who could/would you take to make it a 20 team Conference?

West Virginia would definitely go in the East. They would fit in well there.

On 1/14/2019 at 3:52 PM, lion70 said:

If the sec expanded it would probably be Nc state and -va tech those acc teams that don't have a strong basketball ties and don't have in state blockers.

Maybe NC State, but not Va Tech. WVU would go.

8 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Maybe NC State, but not Va Tech. WVU would go.

Easier getting NC State and VA tech than let's say a Duke UNC ect... They only take west Virginia if they have a good partner example Ags and Mizzou. My opinion Mizzou doesn't go if Aggies don't get an invite but that ACC buyout maybe too rich for anyone.

• Stinks 1

Northern Athletic Conference: NAC

Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Michigan
Michigan State
Minnesota
Missouri
Nebraska
Northwestern
Ohio State
Purdue
Wisconsin
Notre Dame

Eastern Athletic Conference EAC
Boston College
Clemson
Duke
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Maryland
Miami
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Pittsburgh
Penn State
Rutgers
Syracuse
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest
West Virginia

Southern Athletic Conference (SAC):
Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
Baylor
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
Louisville
LSU
Mississippi
Mississippi State
South Carolina
TCU
Tennessee
Texas A&M
Vanderbilt

Western Athletic Conference WAC

California
Oregon
Oregon State
Stanford
UCLA
USC
Washington
Washington State
Arizona
Arizona State
Colorado
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Texas Tech
Utah

Split those 16 team conferences into 8 team divisions and each division winner enters the playoffs. Choose playoff matchups according to committee rankings.

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

WVU seems like an awkward Big 10 school like Maryland. Too bad they can't get the Big East back together

On 1/14/2019 at 3:39 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

Except by rule it takes 3/4 of the teams. And Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, A&M, and Kentucky have all agreed that they'd vote no to Georgia Tech, Florida State/Miami, Clemson, Texas/Tech/Baylor, or Louisville. Do you know anything? 

Texas and OU both tried to join the PAC12 and were told no lmao. The SEC wouldn't have any problems at turning down Texas. According to everyone here, they already got the TV markets and pathway to Texas recruiting. What do they need Texas for? Lmao

Citation needed...

On 1/14/2019 at 3:40 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

That's also true. OU may be interested but Texas wouldn't fit culturally. They'd do much better going Independent. 

Texas would dig a grave going independent

On 1/14/2019 at 3:49 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

Fans have no say in when networks chose to air games

On 1/15/2019 at 9:08 PM, DB2point0 said:

My thoughts exactly.  

Should just added Houston Ucf and maybe Cincinnati and South Florida but big 12 was afraid they Baylor/tcu would happen. 

On 1/15/2019 at 7:53 PM, JustAFan11 said:

The Big12 should drop the game too. 

Was somewhat a doubt depends on who you ask was the best team. OU or Texas.

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 2

On 1/15/2019 at 9:48 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

https://www.barkingcarnival.com/platform/amp/2019/1/14/18182566/fox-drops-big-12-championship-game

That was my citation. How much time do you spend on TexAgs? LOL

I read it about once a month, mainly when I see something posted here that most likely came from there.  I usually get a headache from reading one thread there.   You are a much better poster than those goons.

On 1/15/2019 at 9:51 PM, DB2point0 said:

I read it about once a month, mainly when I see something posted here that most likely came from there.  I usually get a headache from reading one thread there.   You are a much better poster than those goons.

Admittedly that doesn't say much. 

Don't read the tigerdroppings thread on it. It's even more toxic.

How can you drop something you don’t have?  The title to that link is misleading.  Fox has the deal for every other year, but isn’t picking up the option for the others.  Doesn’t mean they’re dropping it.  Their wording is poor

On 1/15/2019 at 9:53 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

Admittedly that doesn't say much. 

Don't read the tigerdroppings thread on it. It's even more toxic.

There are some awfully hateful folks on the Texags site.  

Goes to show you Ou and Texas are running this conference. If one or both are down then the whole conference ain't got a prayer

On 1/15/2019 at 9:54 PM, DB2point0 said:

There are some awfully hateful folks on the Texags site.  

Yeah most don't take seriously . I mean you can't get a legit answer on there.