College Football Playoff

Lobo97

17 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

Too funny that nobody even bothered to comment on Notre Dame.  I think we all knew they didn't even belong in these games.  Crying shame the NCAA is so ignorant and won't give the fans what they deserve.

I am a big proponent of earning your spot and I feel like ND earned it.  So I had no complaints about them being there and I honestly felt like they had the talent to win the game.  The coaching on offense for UND was atrocious though.  If you get a chance to go back and watch it, Clemson loaded the right side of the line on D and left #9 on an island and ND would drop back and pass every time.  The RB was doing good vs Clemson but they would not give it to him.

38 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Since the first playoff in 2014, Alabama and Clemson have won 10 of the 11 CFP games. 

And might've won all 11 had they not had to play one another in the first game last year. 

Geez. 

And there was all the talk of "parity" and such for years. Yet two programs are running the show. 

10 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I guess Georgia didn’t belong either. 

👀

Georgia wasn't in it.  Sugar Bowl wasn't part of the playoff this year.  So no, they didn't belong.  Now if there were a real playoff like every other level of football, yes, they would be there.

1 minute ago, Everide2016 said:

Georgia wasn't in it.  Sugar Bowl wasn't part of the playoff this year.  So no, they didn't belong.  Now if there were a real playoff like every other level of football, yes, they would be there.

Yes, that’s right! I wish we had at least an 8 team playoff.

7 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Yes, that’s right! I wish we had at least an 8 team playoff.

12 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

The playoff looks real to me. The two best teams in college football are playing for the National Championship.

20 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Georgia can play with Bama but couldn't hold the jock strap for Texas or LSU this year...  Hmmmmmmmmm

4 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

The playoff looks real to me. The two best teams in college football are playing for the National Championship.

Well, I’m thinking any given year there could be up to four teams who could win it, but that doesn’t mean they all get in. I feel like with 8 teams you’d have all of the teams participating who could legitimately win the national championship. 

5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Well, I’m thinking any given year there could be up to four teams who could win it, but that doesn’t mean they all get in. I feel like with 8 teams you’d have all of the teams participating who could legitimately win the national championship. 

The two teams who could legitimately win the NC are playing in the NC.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

All conference champions must to be included in any legitimate playoff.  Anything less is just an arbitrary invitational tournament ... 

You would sacrifice excellence for accessibility.

Not me.

Win the games on your schedule and you will be in if you are a P5 team.

I don’t care about then G5 teams.

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

You would sacrifice excellence for accessibility.

Not me.

Win the games on your schedule and you will be in if you are a P5 team.

I don’t care about then G5 teams.

Exactly! ... thanks for proving my point ... arbitrary exclusion ... 

Why even play any games on the field? ... why not just let some committee declare a national champion?

I think the P5 conferences are afraid of a REAL all inclusive playoff ....

3 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Exactly! ... thanks for proving my point ... arbitrary exclusion ... 

Why even play any games on the field? ... why not just let some committee declare a national champion?

I think the P5 conferences are afraid of a REAL all inclusive playoff ....

Anymore than 4 teams would ruin what makes the sport of college football special.

Every game matters. It’s not the NFL. You can’t be mediocre and make the playoffs.

24 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Anymore than 4 teams would ruin what makes the sport of college football special.

Every game matters. It’s not the NFL. You can’t be mediocre and make the playoffs.

So just pick 4 teams and cancel the rest of the games  .... who is to say a Boise St or a UCF might not beat an Alabama or Clemson ... it should be decided by a legitimate playoff ... not by biased clowns deciding who is good enough to compete ....  

6 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

So just pick 4 teams and cancel the rest of the games  .... who is to say a Boise St or a UCF might not beat an Alabama or Clemson ... it should be decided by a legitimate playoff ... not by biased clowns deciding who is good enough to compete ....  

UCF couldn’t beat the SEC’s 5th place team, which was fielding it’s 2nd team defense. They were exposed. 

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

UCF couldn’t beat the SEC’s 5th place team, which was fielding it’s 2nd team defense. They were exposed. 

However, a very large factor in that game is UCF’s best player and QB was still out with a knee injury. Mack Jr tried to lead the team as best he could, but it’s like going from Ehlinger to Buechele and expecting UT to produce the same results. I do agree LSU proved to have more athletes all over the field, but missing your starting QB is a huge difference maker for any team, even Alabama.

16 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

However, a very large factor in that game is UCF’s best player and QB was still out with a knee injury. Mack Jr tried to lead the team as best he could, but it’s like going from Ehlinger to Buechele and expecting UT to produce the same results. I do agree LSU proved to have more athletes all over the field, but missing your starting QB is a huge difference maker for any team, even Alabama.

The difference in LSU and UCF was depth.  

A 16 team playoff which includes ALL Conference Champs is the only fair way to decide a national champion .... arbitrary exclusion based on the biased opinion of a selection committee will never produce a legitimate result ....

Edited by KirtFalcon

24 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

A 16 team playoff which includes ALL Conference Champs is the only fair way to decide a national champion .... arbitrary exclusion based on the biased opinion of a selection committee will never produce a legitimate result ....

Based off your opinion of what fair is.

10 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Wrong.  Too many examples of other levels (actually all other levels) of football doing it with many more teams and they're more special.  Why not make the NFL, HS, and other college levels only 4 teams in their "playoff" so they can be as "special?"  Because the 4 team approach isn't special.   

12 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Georgia can play with Bama but couldn't hold the jock strap for Texas or LSU this year...  Hmmmmmmmmm

That's a prime example showing why the playoff should be at least 16 or even 32 teams.  Any team can get on a hot streak and knock off a team that all of us thought was better.  That's why HS playoffs are so good, if you can just get your foot in the door, you have a chance to upset a so called legitimate contender.  The NCAA and those big schools that have the real control don't want to upset the apple cart and risk this, that's a large part of why they're so resistant to opening that door even a little.