College Football Playoff

Lobo97

8 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

While I agree with you on about 95% of this, I do think OU's offense will give Bama some fits. They are very, VERY fast. And they have receivers who can make plays. If Hollywood Brown somehow doesn't play, then that's a killer. If he's available, that's a lot Bama will have to think about considering they haven't played an offense like OU's all season as Lobo mentioned. I still think Alabama wins this handily mainly because of that bogus OU defense, but OU will score points because Kyler is such a huge threat in literally every way possible.  

I might have to go home sick from work just from complimenting OU that much. I'm not well.

:rofl:

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

This is what I don't understand. A lot of people keep making this argument, and arguments similar to it, such as 'Alabama's D will be better than any OU has faced this season'. Okay, while that is all true, there is still the other side of this that people are negating to realize....OU's offense is better than anything Alabama's D has faced. Oklahoma's offense is explosive; very explosive. This is not the same offense that put 48 on a Georgia defense last year that ranked #4 in the country, only 1.5 points more than Bama gave up. This offense is better. 

So here's where your entire breakdown could be broken:

What if Alabama's DL does not get a lot of pressure on Murray? 

Depends on who is at QB... but what would scare me is if OU can't get pressure on Bama... Remember, Tua looked like a slightly above average QB vs LSU in the first half.  LSU was hitting him a lot...  Then the 2nd half nothing and Bama dominated the LSU D....

Georgia hit him and he got hurt...  If Georgia doesn't get to him, I would guess we would have seen 300+ yards from Tua...

OU has to hit him... even if it means giving up 4 passing TDs....  make him uncomfortable, make him hurt....  he has already proven he can beat any coverage.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Are they thinking that whatever surgery Tua was having was going to be healed in 3 to 4 weeks? Uhm...sleeping in pure oxygen, hyperbaric chamber???

What the hell is this miracle surgery, and can I sign up for it?

He's getting scoped, right? You're talking more like 4-6 weeks, right Mav?

1 minute ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

uhm, the game is in 3 weeks correct...he isn't practicing? he's just sitting out resting that leg and rehabbing then gonna grab his helmet for OU?

To be fair, a one-legged QB is good for at least 250 yards against our secondary. 

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, AKA said:

What the hell is this miracle surgery, and can I sign up for it?

He's getting scoped, right? You're talking more like 4-6 weeks, right Mav?

Knee scope is 4-6 weeks, shoulder longer  so yeah... 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DTrump said:

This is the new thing. I know you will but pay attention to the recovery time.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxduWCrA-Ejz-LAqtXDiu

Daaaaang, that's some sci-fi medicine they got going on. Yep, this Doc says 3-4 weeks. Wow, that's pretty amazing. Sure beats the rub some dirt on it technique.  😄

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AKA said:

Daaaaang, that's some sci-fi medicine they got going on. Yep, this Doc says 3-4 weeks. Wow, that's pretty amazing. Sure beats the rub some dirt on it technique.  😄

hey doc, how'd you mess up the calendar and rehab where I wasn't ready in time for the national semi-final...oh business weeks...dang-it...hope those Crimson Tide trainers and rehab folks / interns aren't in the midst of trying to unionize or anything to get more time off.

14 hours ago, DTrump said:

This is the new thing. I know you will but pay attention to the recovery time.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxduWCrA-Ejz-LAqtXDiu

no offense, but that looks like a lot of stuff happening to that "very important" to balance and stability ankle (scraping inflammation out, screwing metal down the bone, drilling holes through bones to then tighten it all up). so, the pressure on that small area...it's going to be all good in the bare minimal of time? I realize what they're saying and that they've had success (clearly), but man that looked quite destabilizing in the long run. his speed will definitely be affected, we saw how he threw this past weekend early in the game with the bad knee, not being able to push off completely...how will it all correlate with a bad knee and roughed up ankle (opposite sides)...floating balls/less accuracy?  

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:55 AM, Lobo97 said:

You missed my point. I wasn't comparing the teams, I was comparing the situation. I could just as easily use an NFL game to make the same point (I just wanted to use a game with the same two teams)...Cowboys - Saints. Point is, this is why you play the game.

Do I think OU wins? No. But to your point, I think they're capable. Ans that's why I brought up that game; because most people seem to think they don't have a chance here either. 

So your point is "upsets happen"? Lol 

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:23 AM, ETXfan16 said:

While I agree with you on about 95% of this, I do think OU's offense will give Bama some fits. They are very, VERY fast. And they have receivers who can make plays. If Hollywood Brown somehow doesn't play, then that's a killer. If he's available, that's a lot Bama will have to think about considering they haven't played an offense like OU's all season as Lobo mentioned. I still think Alabama wins this handily mainly because of that bogus OU defense, but OU will score points because Kyler is such a huge threat in literally every way possible.  

I might have to go home sick from work just from complimenting OU that much. I'm not well.

Not only that, Saban has always had trouble with capable spread teams. 

Johnny Manziel's 2 years at A&M did that (beat em once, scored 42 another year). Ole Miss did a few years under Hugh Freeze (beat them twice and scored 45 on them another time). Clemson in 2015 and 2016. Heck, even a bad Arkansas team put up 31 on them (albeit, a bit in garbage time) this year. 

I would not be shocked in the slightest if OU won this game. Before the SEC Championship, Alabama was seen as invincible with their closest game being a 22-point win over A&M (that could've been worse, honestly)… But Georgia beat Alabama for 3 quarters... They're definitely beatable. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Not only that, Saban has always had trouble with capable spread teams. 

Johnny Manziel's 2 years at A&M did that (beat em once, scored 42 another year). Ole Miss did a few years under Hugh Freeze (beat them twice and scored 45 on them another time). Clemson in 2015 and 2016. Heck, even a bad Arkansas team put up 31 on them (albeit, a bit in garbage time) this year. 

I would not be shocked in the slightest if OU won this game. Before the SEC Championship, Alabama was seen as invincible with their closest game being a 22-point win over A&M (that could've been worse, honestly)… But Georgia beat Alabama for 3 quarters... They're definitely beatable. 

They are most definitely beatable. And that was the most rattled I've seen Tua too. 

6 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

no offense, but that looks like a lot of stuff happening to that "very important" to balance and stability ankle (scraping inflammation out, screwing metal down the bone, drilling holes through bones to then tighten it all up). so, the pressure on that small area...it's going to be all good in the bare minimal of time? I realize what they're saying and that they've had success (clearly), but man that looked quite destabilizing in the long run. his speed will definitely be affected, we saw how he threw this past weekend early in the game with the bad knee, not being able to push off completely...how will it all correlate with a bad knee and roughed up ankle (opposite sides)...floating balls/less accuracy?  

I'm pretty sure it's the same surgery Jalen Hurts had. Didn't take him long to recover. This surgeon works out of James Andrews umbrella. Needless too say, very smart man.

20 minutes ago, DTrump said:

I'm pretty sure it's the same surgery Jalen Hurts had. Didn't take him long to recover. This surgeon works out of James Andrews umbrella. Needless too say, very smart man.

and yet Alabama wanted Mac Jones to get the QB reps so Jalen Hurts could rest that thing...looks like the DR is a super smart guy...I'd just want to make sure it's as stable as possible when running for his life and trying to push off (pressure on it) to throw. who knows...it may heal like steel ha stylin' and profilin' oh never mind I went into my rapper persona

5 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

and yet Alabama wanted Mac Jones to get the QB reps so Jalen Hurts could rest that thing...looks like the DR is a super smart guy...I'd just want to make sure it's as stable as possible when running for his life and trying to push off (pressure on it) to throw. who knows...it may heal like steel ha stylin' and profilin' oh never mind I went into my rapper persona

I'm still trying to figure out where Saban is getting two weeks from?

On 12/6/2018 at 11:43 AM, LSUTIGERS said:

Alabama vs Clemson in the Championship 

Alabama will show why a Big 12 team should’ve been selected over a SEC team for the playoffs. 

I guess I don't understand this comment. A Big 12 team was selected over Georgia for the playoffs. What is Alabama supposed to show us that proves something that has already happened?