Newton (13-0) vs. East Bernard (13-1), Class 3A (D-II) Semifinals

Eagles97

Newton vs EB  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 3A Div II State Finals?

• East Bernard Brahmas
    • Newton Eagles

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:00 AM

4 minutes ago, EastTexasSpeedKills said:

I’ll be your huckleberry!!! Lol ( just play’n, still have lumps that hasn’t healed!) I will be ready come next year! 

Newton going to best the brakes of EB!!! 

Y’all definitely make the game week more fun lol 

No doubt! Playing teams like Newton just make us better! I told my wife, that beating your Newton Eagles put on us was good in one way, it made us realize that just because we are Daingerfield, we still can get our butts handed to us! ( there is no substitute for hard work and dedication in the off season) DF has never been beat like that! It might take a couple years, but we will be better because of that strumming! Lol

• Mr. P changed the title to Newton (13-0) vs. East Bernard (13-1), Class 3A (D-II) Semifinals
15 hours ago, EastTexasSpeedKills said:

No doubt! Playing teams like Newton just make us better! I told my wife, that beating your Newton Eagles put on us was good in one way, it made us realize that just because we are Daingerfield, we still can get our butts handed to us! ( there is no substitute for hard work and dedication in the off season) DF has never been beat like that! It might take a couple years, but we will be better because of that strumming! Lol

I hate to look so far ahead, but next year what the skills of both teams there is bound to be a rematch. That should be a jam-up great ball game. I'll be there , lord willing

2 hours ago, Robhollow84 said:

One more day and the All Mighty Newton Eagles are going to hand out yet another good old fashioned woodshedding!! Can I get a “ OH YEEAAA!”

I will definitely be watching and pulling for Newton. I’m taking off next Thursday just to stay home and watch the State game! 

Congrats to all you Newton fans, you all have had a special run and a special team! Thanks for standing in the way of DF’s 7 th title! Now I will have to wait  another whole year. Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EastTexasSpeedKills said:

I will definitely be watching and pulling for Newton. I’m taking off next Thursday just to stay home and watch the State game! 

Congrats to all you Newton fans, you all have had a special run and a special team! Thanks for standing in the way of DF’s 7 th title! Now I will have to wait  another whole year. Lol

Probably 2 or 3 years lol

On 12/12/2018 at 10:24 AM, Rick said:

What none of the people on here realize is the boys from Newton are not playing for themselves, and a ring. They are to a man playing for their coach Johnston

+1000

Most people probably do not know what is going on.  Great post.   I hope folks do some research and check out what WT has been dealing with.  

Ya know.. every day I find myself on YouTube watching all the newton clips over and over. They are really a very very physical team. Just like Gunter last year 1 half was all they wanted of Newton. The physicality of this team is really amazing. They will really knock the snot out of you !! Watch the clip of the Daingerfield game . It was brutal. I really wonder what the opposing players have to say about them. #### !! Nature Boy got those df tiggers triggered over there on another site !

East Bernard has good line play and they won't quit. Plus they're not dumb enough to get on social media and irritate the purple beast. But.. it won't make a difference. These Newton Eagles are one for the history books. 53 - 7 Newton

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, donethat529 said:

Ya know.. every day I find myself on YouTube watching all the newton clips over and over. They are really a very very physical team. Just like Gunter last year 1 half was all they wanted of Newton. The physicality of this team is really amazing. They will really knock the snot out of you !! Watch the clip of the Daingerfield game . It was brutal. I really wonder what the opposing players have to say about them. #### !! Nature Boy got those df tiggers triggered over there on another site !

East Bernard has good line play and they won't quit. Plus they're not dumb enough to get on social media and irritate the purple beast. But.. it won't make a difference. These Newton Eagles are one for the history books. 53 - 7 Newton

No, we wanted two halves actually; Newton just wouldn't cooperate.

Gunter was actually up 16-14 in that game until the last play of the 3rd quarter where Newton hit a long pass to take the lead as time expired.  It was 20-14 to start the 4th, and Newton was up 34-14 two offensive plays later.  Someone correct me if I am wrong on this, but didn't Newton score on 3 consecutive offensive plays?  That last 3rd quarter play plus two more one-play drives of 60+ yards on the next two possessions?  

33 minutes ago, Pax said:

Gunter was actually up 16-14 in that game until the last play of the 3rd quarter where Newton hit a long pass to take the lead as time expired.  It was 20-14 to start the 4th, and Newton was up 34-14 two offensive plays later.  Someone correct me if I am wrong on this, but didn't Newton score on 3 consecutive offensive plays?  That last 3rd quarter play plus two more one-play drives of 60+ yards on the next two possessions?  

That sounds right, that was a good 3 quarter game and then newton found the other gear in the 4th... 

1 hour ago, Pax said:

You are correct but offensively Gunter struggled bad the second half after adjustments had been made.