Newton (13-0) vs. East Bernard (13-1), Class 3A (D-II) Semifinals

Eagles97

Newton vs EB  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 3A Div II State Finals?

• East Bernard Brahmas
    • Newton Eagles

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:00 AM

East Bernard cheated, they brought some kryptonite. LOL That is why you play the game and I don’t talk about match ups that don’t or won’t happen. Every game is different. You are dealing with teenagers and their emotions and a game where 1 play can change the course of everything.

2 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

EB took away Barlow's legs. They used a very smart angle swoop and wrap. The OLBs continued to play the best perimeter ball I've seen in a while....Overall it was good coaching on both sides. That long TD run Barlow got in the 3rd took Newton the entire 2nd qtr and part of the 3rd to set it up "Excellent Coaching on Newton's Part". Newton kept trying to get the DT to follow the Guard outside but EB stayed very disciplined. Go back and look at the play before the TD and you'll see where the EB's strong 3 tech finally followed the Guard and went after barlow. The very next play they ran the counter with G and T pulling on the 38 which left a lane. Go to the next drive Newton had the ball and EB didn't follow anymore lolol.  

Good again JJ, I'll go back and look, now that I know what to look for.

On 12/14/2018 at 11:11 PM, EBfreakydeaky said:

Proud of my EB boys! You boys gave em all they wanted. Congrats to Newton on the win! 

Wanted to say how wrong I was to at least one EB fan.  Didn’t see the game, but just reading all the posts on here & SETX, The EB linebackers played a heckuva game, as obviously the whole team did.  I live down here and was pulling for Newton, but I sure hated to see the Brahmas have to lose after that kind of effort.  But imo, they can hold their heads high.  Congrats to the Team, Coaches, and community.

And Newton - you guys a little overconfident?  And I keep hearing (on both sites) about the offensive scheme.  Could that have been an attempt to confuse the Canadian scouts?  If so, almost cost you.

21 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Wanted to say how wrong I was to at least one EB fan.  Didn’t see the game, but just reading all the posts on here & SETX, The EB linebackers played a heckuva game, as obviously the whole team did.  I live down here and was pulling for Newton, but I sure hated to see the Brahmas have to lose after that kind of effort.  But imo, they can hold their heads high.  Congrats to the Team, Coaches, and community.

And Newton - you guys a little overconfident?  And I keep hearing (on both sites) about the offensive scheme.  Could that have been an attempt to confuse the Canadian scouts?  If so, almost cost you.

Whatever it was....kids looking over EB...Eb playing there best game since 2012....#8 not being there....Newton coaches “questionable “ game plan....Newton got the win and that’s all that matters.   Was a good wake up call for the team.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Eagles97 said:

Whatever it was....kids looking over EB...Eb playing there best game since 2012....#8 not being there....Newton coaches “questionable “ game plan....Newton got the win and that’s all that matters.   Was a good wake up call for the team.  

Agreed.  I expect (hope) they come out with fire in their eyes.  If so, poor Canadian.