DeSoto Open... again.

Mavchamp

Couldn't pay me enough to coach in Desoto. You won't be able to do your job because parents and school board/committee run everything there.

You can even win a state title there and folks will run you out the door like they did Peterman.

• Stinks 1

It’s not even a top paying job. 

Nor is it in the most desirable part of the metroplex. 

Parental and school board shenanigans. 

Questionable fan support. 

In the shadow of how many programs?  Cedar Hill?  Duncanville?  Lancaster?  

The list goes on and on 

4 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

It’s not even a top paying job. 

Nor is it in the most desirable part of the metroplex. 

Parental and school board shenanigans. 

Questionable fan support. 

In the shadow of how many programs?  Cedar Hill?  Duncanville?  Lancaster?  

The list goes on and on 

I wouldn't say DeSoto is in the shadow of those programs....well maybe Cedar Hill.  It seems like the issue with that job is that they want a certain person. And until they get him or someone similar, there is going to be an issue.   DeSoto is not a bad place to live, Its not Allen or Southlake, but Cedar Hill/DeSoto/Duncanville/Lancaster is a popular spot for a certain demographic. 

4 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Mathis wont leave now especially with having a better program at Marshall than desoto at this time. 

nothing against Marshall, but I think most would say DeSoto has more potential than Marshall.  20 yrs ago, it would be the opposite.  However, with Marshall in 5a Div.2,  Marshall has the ability to make deep playoff runs.  6a Div.1 is tough

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is no way you think Mathis is a great coach???? Motivator yes. But Coach no. I have never seen a Successful Head Coach act the way he does. Marshall deserves better. They should have hired Scott Ford when they had the chance. He does well with minimal talent. Great offense mind. 

My opinion 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 4

10 minutes ago, justafan said:

There is no way you think Mathis is a great coach???? Motivator yes. But Coach no. I have never seen a Successful Head Coach act the way he does. Marshall deserves better. They should have hired Scott Ford when they had the chance. He does well with minimal talent. Great offense mind. 

My opinion 

Scott ford did horrible in Nacogdoches with Talent.

14 minutes ago, justafan said:

My opinion 

He can stay where he is. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dawgman said:

I traveled over to Big Sandy today and at least 20 parents, admin, boosters from DeSoto were present. Contracts are being negotiated as we speak. The next head coach is none other than Kerry Strong.

Mike Thomas has been contacted about taking the OC position. 

14 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Mathis wont leave now especially with having a better program at Marshall than desoto at this time. 

DeSoto is two years removed from having won state and has one of the most athletic football programs around.

Everything wrong about the Eagles is off the field. Plain and simple. 

Its crazy to say Marshall is better than DeSoto right now imo. 

• Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, justafan said:

Nac doesn’t have talent!!!! They haven’t won in 60 years.  You want a spread guy that is from Marshall.  Why wouldn’t you want Scott??? 

Hmmmmmm Harper won here ,even Reyes has won here.They both did better then Scott ford and Nac does have talent. Just because we haven’t won consistently doesn’t mean we don’t have talent. We got two guys playing for UT right now but I can go back further then that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justafan said:

Nac doesn’t have talent!!!! They haven’t won in 60 years.  You want a spread guy that is from Marshall.  Why wouldn’t you want Scott??? 

Nac has talent. They wouldn’t have guys playing on UT right now if they didn’t.