DeSoto Open... again.

Mavchamp

On 1/11/2019 at 10:44 PM, justafan said:

Let the Marshall rumors start. Mathis will leave for Desoto. Why doesn’t Marshall hire a local guy and the saga will end. Not far from Marshall 👊

I think too many people assume that if you hire a local guy they won't leave.  Locals leave all the time for better or different situations.  Wasn't Southern from East Texas.

Maybe look east across state lines. Louisiana coaches make half of what Texas coaches get paid.  You pay them 100k..you might have them for life.

I think it will be best for Marshall and the coaches to stay put for this third season. Have so many starters returning including JJ Green for his sr year. He has a 6'5 highly recruited wr to throw to and a fast shifty jr rb. The D will have 9 players returning that were on all district team. Keep the O & D systems the same even if Mathis decides to leave. Next season will make the remaining staff look good for future opportunities. 

6 minutes ago, mav01 said:

I think it will be best for Marshall and the coaches to stay put for this third season. Have so many starters returning including JJ Green for his sr year. He has a 6'5 highly recruited wr to throw to and a fast shifty jr rb. The D will have 9 players returning that were on all district team. Keep the O & D systems the same even if Mathis decides to leave. Next season will make the remaining staff look good for future opportunities. 

assumming coaches won't follow him if he leaves, or decide to leave for other opportunites. I've seen it happen alot, when head coaches leave, alot of the assistants tend to leave too, because you don't know if the next head coach will keep you, or maybe they don't want to be under the next head coach...especially if he was someone that leaped frog them for the job.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2019 at 10:44 PM, justafan said:

Let the Marshall rumors start. Mathis will leave for Desoto. Why doesn’t Marshall hire a local guy and the saga will end. Not far from Marshall 👊

Marshall had a local guy in Harper before he left and the Mathis drama began. 

On 12/8/2018 at 11:19 AM, DESOTOEAGLESFAN said:

ROBINSON IS SERVE AS AN ASSISTANT ATHLETIC DIRECTOR FOR THE HIGH SCHOOL

I was going to read through everything then say this... This doesn't look like he was run out of his post as HC... looks like a better opportunity to stay put in a different role came calling.

• Like 1