Mason (14-0) vs. San Augustine (13-2), Class 2A (D-I) Semifinals

SAWolfman

SA vs Mason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 2A Div I State Finals?

• Mason Punchers
    • San Augustine Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:30 AM

I find it funny that people who were out before we lost this one can say oh this would've been different if they would've won. NEWS FLASH u didn't win, S.A. won to represent region 3. It's cool tho, we will be happy with our regional trophy and 13 wins this season cause I'm damn proud of those young studs who have been battling each week. U wanna represent, win!!!! Simple as that. Still proud to Back the Pack!!!!

28 minutes ago, Ilovefootball2 said:

That’s was a Stright Hands ole fashion WoodShed Beat down!! Lmao! No help from the Referees this SA!! That’s a long drive back home! Lmao! 

Didnt need the refs to take down Garrison.  Garrison did enough on their own.  

2 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

Horrible play call on the 4th and goal.  I think if we would have picked that up things might look a little different.  That deflated them.

Nothing would have changed the outcome of this game.  Region 3 just doesn't get it that they have been left behind for a number of years now.  Then they get to this game, talk a lot of smack (all in good fun I'm sure) thinking they're really good, and then "bam," they get the poo beat out of them by teams that really know what it's like to play top notch football.  I don't know how Region 3 turns the corner on this, but I'm ready to see it happen in the 2A ranks so we can see some games like the Carthage vs Liberty Hill game was tonight.  

On 12/10/2018 at 8:02 PM, bystander76 said:

You might be right about Mason scoring 35 Ride,  but SA gonna score 36. Sorry man just had to. Everyone done counted us out and that’s ok. We been counted out all year, but we still here 

Well, we were both way off on those predictions.  SA will learn from this and be back in years to come.  I'll be pulling for Mason next week.

8 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Nothing would have changed the outcome of this game.  Region 3 just doesn't get it that they have been left behind for a number of years now.  Then they get to this game, talk a lot of smack (all in good fun I'm sure) thinking they're really good, and then "bam," they get the poo beat out of them by teams that really know what it's like to play top notch football.  I don't know how Region 3 turns the corner on this, but I'm ready to see it happen in the 2A ranks so we can see some games like the Carthage vs Liberty Hill game was tonight.  

Agreed.  Something has to change.

No matter what our outcome was, this was good for our city. We r used to the Hate and rise to the occasion. This one jus wasn't meant for us. But all these years goin more than two or three rounds deep consistently with a team that will pretty much be back again next year, I'm excited and will always be proud to be part of the Wolfpack.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Well, we were both way off on those predictions.  SA will learn from this and be back in years to come.  I'll be pulling for Mason next week.

No doubt Ride no doubt. Thanks for the colorful comments the last few weeks. That’s a good football team. No reason they don’t run away with it next week 

First, great season SA. Everybody talking #### from another school in the region is just mad their team wasn’t playing tonight. My fellow Joaquin folks definitely have no place to talk mess. 

2nd, Honest question is what has changed?  It seems like ever since Alto won back to back in 06/07,  East Texas has really slacked when it comes to this classification. The years before the Alto run, East Texas was atleast competitive . I am just curious what changed.

2 minutes ago, yourteamstinks said:

First, great season SA. Everybody talking #### from another school in the region is just mad their team wasn’t playing tonight. My fellow Joaquin folks definitely have no place to talk mess. 

2nd, Honest question is what has changed?  It seems like ever since Alto won back to back in 06/07,  East Texas has really slacked when it comes to this classification. The years before the Alto run, East Texas was atleast competitive . I am just curious what changed.

That was a well oiled machine we played tonight. When comparing size, SA is bigger. When comparing speed, SA is quicker. However, I have to say they execute very well. They get off the bell very well. They hit gaps methodically and use a power run game to their advantage. Even when you know what’s coming it’s hard to stop. It was very obvious they have run those plays for a long time and they run them very well. Then those swift kicks on kickoffs will rock ur world they don’t mix with cold hands. We got beat by a very good football team tonight. I honestly think they looked a lot like the Comfort team we played in 03. Not much changed they just beat us. It’s no ones fault. I won’t blame a kid and sure won’t blame a coach, they just beat us plain and simple. 

3 minutes ago, bystander76 said:

That was a well oiled machine we played tonight. When comparing size, SA is bigger. When comparing speed, SA is quicker. However, I have to say they execute very well. They get off the bell very well. They hit gaps methodically and use a power run game to their advantage. Even when you know what’s coming it’s hard to stop. It was very obvious they have run those plays for a long time and they run them very well. Then those swift kicks on kickoffs will rock ur world they don’t mix with cold hands. We got beat by a very good football team tonight. I honestly think they looked a lot like the Comfort team we played in 03. Not much changed they just beat us. It’s no ones fault. I won’t blame a kid and sure won’t blame a coach, they just beat us plain and simple. 

I gotcha man. It’s just weird how it seemed to tilt for our area . Not a knock to SA at all .

I watched the Carthage Liberty Hill game tonight, and mannnnn Liberty Hill runs the Slot-T pretty . If Joaquin ever gets as good at hiding the ball as they are, we could be salty .  Crazy how much more physical those teams are though .

My honest opinion having played 2a Region 3 teams for years...Region 3 has by far some of the best athletes in the state...they're just not "football" players. Those Mason kids we saw tonight are Football players. In recent years we've played West Sabine (twice), San Augustine (twice), Grapeland, Clarksville, just to name a few off of the top of my head...

I hope that makes sense...and I'm not trying to talk down on anyone. 

16 minutes ago, BigTweet said:

My honest opinion having played 2a Region 3 teams for years...Region 3 has by far some of the best athletes in the state...they're just not "football" players. Those Mason kids we saw tonight are Football players. In recent years we've played West Sabine (twice), San Augustine (twice), Grapeland, Clarksville, just to name a few off of the top of my head...

I hope that makes sense...and I'm not trying to talk down on anyone. 

Makes perfect sense. Kind of what I was getting at just stated different. 

51 minutes ago, yourteamstinks said:

I gotcha man. It’s just weird how it seemed to tilt for our area . Not a knock to SA at all .

I watched the Carthage Liberty Hill game tonight, and mannnnn Liberty Hill runs the Slot-T pretty . If Joaquin ever gets as good at hiding the ball as they are, we could be salty .  Crazy how much more physical those teams are though .

I havent seen a completely sound disciplined defense that could stop a region 4 team.  At least not lately.  

5 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

I havent seen a completely sound disciplined defense that could stop a region 4 team.  At least not lately.  

defense is all about discipline, attitude and beating the man infront of you. mart offense looked like yalls against Franklin in preseason but our defense was awesome. off season should be all about defense and offensive line play. 

5 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

Agreed.  Something has to change.

I made the comment at halftime last night about reg 3 without writing a book. I got blasted by 2 individuals over it. Another person even said the sa offense was simple. One of the same people ask to define simple. Simple is placing your best athlete at qb and running your offense 99% of the time with him. That's plain and simple. Everyone says oh we can pass we can run multiple sets. Plain and simple is if those passes and multiple set are not your bread and butter you end up with burnt toast. Haters hate if you want to but I'm saying div 2 you can get away with this if you have a Reggie Davis or the kid from bremond a couple years ago. Div1 and up you need the total package to right the ship to ever win the ship. So my comment was all that in a nutshell for time purposes and trying to type on this phone. Seems to me that a lot of people already know it if they are truly honest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yarddog88 said:

I made the comment at halftime last night about reg 3 without writing a book. I got blasted by 2 individuals over it. Another person even said the sa offense was simple. One of the same people ask to define simple. Simple is placing your best athlete at qb and running your offense 99% of the time with him. That's plain and simple. Everyone says oh we can pass we can run multiple sets. Plain and simple is if those passes and multiple set are not your bread and butter you end up with burnt toast. Haters hate if you want to but I'm saying div 2 you can get away with this if you have a Reggie Davis or the kid from bremond a couple years ago. Div1 and up you need the total package to right the ship to ever win the ship. So my comment was all that in a nutshell for time purposes and trying to type on this phone. Seems to me that a lot of people already know it if they are truly honest. 

Then what changes for East Texas in 3a where we are consistently competitive?

Newton is no longer 1 dimensional. Waskom with the flexbone. Waskom also was reg2 when they won it all. East texas is loaded with bad football. Teams seasons are rated on winning district or going 10-0. I'm saying develop a system over the course of a season. Take a few lumps if you need to. Hell everybody makes the playoffs so win state with a 12-4 record.

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1