Pleasant Grove (12-2) vs. Iowa Park (10-5), Class 4A (D-II) Semifinals

A2J

PG vs IP  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 4A Div II State Finals?

• Iowa Park Hawks
    • Pleasant Grove Hawks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 02:00 AM

5 hours ago, dfwfootballfan said:

PG should win this easily on paper... however you have to wonder how a team that has lost 9 starters since August has made it this far...

NINE STARTERS?!?!?  And that's AFTER losing all that talent from last year.  (My son graduated from Ouachita Baptist University, and it's still amazing that the Tigers (who finished 12-1 last week in DII, their best football single-season record ever) got both the Texas state championship, 4A DII MVPs/POYs in young messrs. Cole and Porchia, who have to be one of if not the most highly-decorated out-of-state players from the same class and high school to sign in OBU's LONG football history.)

The PGHS announcers said on Friday's broadcast that last year's team almost (they carefully stressed "almost") didn't need much guidance given how talented and apparently injury-free they were by season's end, but that this year's team is getting where they're at by wise coaching.  After losing all those college signees in '18 then (apparently) nine starters...Coach Gibson is earning every penny of his "metroplex-level"* new contract.  More power to him.  Go Hawks!

* Phrase coined by a booster I met at the PG/Gladewater game earlier in the season.

26 minutes ago, OTamandua said:

NINE STARTERS?!?!?  And that's AFTER losing all that talent from last year.  (My son graduated from Ouachita Baptist University, and it's still amazing that the Tigers (who finished 12-1 last week in DII, their best football single-season record ever) got both the Texas state championship, 4A DII MVPs/POYs in young messrs. Cole and Porchia, who have to be one of if not the most highly-decorated out-of-state players from the same class and high school to sign in OBU's LONG football history.)

The PGHS announcers said on Friday's broadcast that last year's team almost (they carefully stressed "almost") didn't need much guidance given how talented and apparently injury-free they were by season's end, but that this year's team is getting where they're at by wise coaching.  After losing all those college signees in '18 then (apparently) nine starters...Coach Gibson is earning every penny of his "metroplex-level"* new contract.  More power to him.  Go Hawks!

* Phrase coined by a booster I met at the PG/Gladewater game earlier in the season.

Sorry I should have been more clear...IP lost 9... my son graduates from OBU in May, daughter graduated there May '17... great school.  She is getting married in the campus chapel in 4 weeks.  Their football team is on the rise.    

• Like 1

Don't like what I'm hearing on this subject. Pleasant Grove fans appear way over-confident. This could easily be a great game. Iowa Park just came from behind to beat an outstanding Glen Rose team. Iowa Park has a dangerous quarterback and a very good defense and kicking game. On paper PG should win, but they better show up and play their A game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 68Hornet said:

Don't like what I'm hearing on this subject. Pleasant Grove fans appear way over-confident. This could easily be a great game. Iowa Park just came from behind to beat an outstanding Glen Rose team. Iowa Park has a dangerous quarterback and a very good defense and kicking game. On paper PG should win, but they better show up and play their A game.

The fans don’t play the game. Just sayin’

• Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to Pleasant Grove (12-2) vs. Iowa Park (10-5), Class 4A (D-II) Semifinals