La Vega (12-2) vs. Decatur (8-4), Class 4A (D-I) Semifinals

BigFanOf22

La Vega vs Decatur  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 4A Div I State Finals?

• Decatur Eagles
    • La Vega Pirates

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2018 at 10:00 PM

T-minus 3 hrs and 30 minutes. Does LV cruise or are the eagles going to soar past them.  IMO if LV plays Pirate football this wont be a game. I believe the Eagle have had a great season.  And have prepared to the best of their ability. That being said they have no ideas the speed and size that is about to stand before them. LV is a beast of a football team.  They are ready, LV is going to bring there best game. It will be evident very quickly if Decatur is able to play with this team.  Good luck to both team.

2 hours ago, coachkells said:

T-minus 3 hrs and 30 minutes. Does LV cruise or are the eagles going to soar past them.  IMO if LV plays Pirate football this wont be a game. I believe the Eagle have had a great season.  And have prepared to the best of their ability. That being said they have no ideas the speed and size that is about to stand before them. LV is a beast of a football team.  They are ready, LV is going to bring there best game. It will be evident very quickly if Decatur is able to play with this team.  Good luck to both team.

The only thing LV has to worry about is getting caught in a classic trap game and even in that case i would think they would still overcome that with talent, coaching and discipline.  I can't imagine a six loss team beating them much less a six loss 4a team beating them at least not the team i have seen in 3 games this year.  

1 minute ago, DTrump said:

So many playmakers on the field it's crazy. #10 is a STUD on D.

I don’t think it matters if they play  Carthage or Library Hill they will have have no problem with either one.It will be closer than this game tho lol

• Like 1

I find it very "typical" that La Vega chose indoors this week against a very weak Decatur......but claimed Midlothian was a "neutral site" for this deep in the playoffs in terrible weather last week against Argyle.......so I'm calling LV on the carpet.  They claimed that a JerryWorld would not be neutral.....yet Decatur is just 25 miles from Argyle due west.  And now they are playing indoors this week with very decent weather outside......so go lie to  somebody else.  LV was afraid that Argyle could beat them indoors in good weather with our passing attack mixed with our running game.  So LV used the bad conditions to their advantage and neutralized our best part of our offense.  Next time just man up and admit it.

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

I find it very "typical" that La Vega chose indoors this week against a very weak Decatur......but claimed Midlothian was a "neutral site" for this deep in the playoffs in terrible weather last week against Argyle.......so I'm calling LV on the carpet.  They claimed that a JerryWorld would not be neutral.....yet Decatur is just 25 miles from Argyle due west.  And now they are playing indoors this week with very decent weather outside......so go lie to  somebody else.  LV was afraid that Argyle could beat them indoors in good weather with our passing attack mixed with our running game.  So LV used the bad conditions to their advantage and neutralized our best part of our offense.  Next time just man up and admit it.

I have no clue about LH but if Carthage wins tonight i will put money on them beating LV.  They are one dimensional and Carthage will shut that down in a dome.  Over half their offensive plays were for a loss against Argyle.  

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, bradthebad said:

I have no clue about LH but if Carthage wins tonight i will put money on them beating LV.  They are one dimensional and Carthage will shut that down in a dome.  Over half their offensive plays were for a loss against Argyle.  

Not this year!Just wait you will See

What goes around comes back to haunt you.......LV purposely used the weather forecast to their advantage and tried to claim otherwise.  Argyle and teams like LH and Carthage and other top teams know what happened.......we all know they had a choice and could have agreed to indoors.  But LV didn't do that, did they?  

Just now, regaleagle said:

What goes around comes back to haunt you.......LV purposely used the weather forecast to their advantage and tried to claim otherwise.  Argyle and teams like LH and Carthage and other top teams know what happened.......we all know they had a choice and could have agreed to indoors.  But LV didn't do that, did they?  

they robbed the fans of Texas a fair contest between these two schools for their own benefit.......so go stick it to them Carthage.

5 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

they robbed the fans of Texas a fair contest between these two schools for their own benefit.......so go stick it to them Carthage.

La Vega was better than Argyle.If they had there stud RB the first time they played La. Vega would have won that one to.Argyle got dominated last week