La Vega (12-2) vs. Decatur (8-4), Class 4A (D-I) Semifinals

BigFanOf22

La Vega vs Decatur  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 4A Div I State Finals?

• Decatur Eagles
    • La Vega Pirates

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2018 at 10:00 PM

Kudos to the Decatur Eagles for this season and their tenacity.......they do have a history for coming back in seasons past......just to let you know.  They are one of those teams that seems to always have a very good QB.  He can run it very well also.  I don't know where they get these guys......but they always seem to have one in the works just like Stephenville does.  He WILL burn LV for a couple of scores, but that's about it.....IMO.  If the weather is not rainy....LOL.  IF this team got this far even in out of Region 1.......then one must assume that they do have a pretty darn good offensive attack and some defense to limit Hirschi's outstanding RBs and QB.  I think the Hirschi starting QB was out for the season now for several weeks though......just to be honest about it.  That really impaired Hirschi's overall offensive attack and gave Decatur's D a better chance to key on J. Foster.  Decatur's D will NOT able to key on just one RB against this LV stable of RB's and QB.......they will be buzzing around like bees trying to figure out who has the ball.....LOL.  It's fun to watch LV from a fan perspective.....I really, really like their team.

4 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Kudos to the Decatur Eagles for this season and their tenacity.......they do have a history for coming back in seasons past......just to let you know.  They are one of those teams that seems to always have a very good QB.  He can run it very well also.  I don't know where they get these guys......but they always seem to have one in the works just like Stephenville does.  He WILL burn LV for a couple of scores, but that's about it.....IMO.  If the weather is not rainy....LOL.  IF this team got this far even in out of Region 1.......then one must assume that they do have a pretty darn good offensive attack and some defense to limit Hirschi's outstanding RBs and QB.  I think the Hirschi starting QB was out for the season now for several weeks though......just to be honest about it.  That really impaired Hirschi's overall offensive attack and gave Decatur's D a better chance to key on J. Foster.  Decatur's D will NOT able to key on just one RB against this LV stable of RB's and QB.......they will be buzzing around like bees trying to figure out who has the ball.....LOL.  It's fun to watch LV from a fan perspective.....I really, really like their team.

Hirschi was without their qb both times!  Decatur lost to Graham, got spanked by Kennedale, Heritage, Springtown and Glen Rose.  They lost to Gainesville!  Should have lost to Mineral Wells!

im telling you... Decatur was probably 4th or 5th in the talent pool in their 6 team district.  But they are disciplined and their coaches are coaching their butts off in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, bradthebad said:

17 did not play in the first game against Argyle because he was under arrest for aggravated assault and burglary of a habitation.  He had 200 plus yards rushing against argyle this past week.  Which i am good with whatever if that is going to keep him off the streets and acting right let him play!  But don't start belittling Argyle because they win at EVERY sport and win the lone star cup EVERY year.   These kids bust their and when they leave school they go to Ivy League schools or top universities.  This message is a much for the carthage peeps as anyone.

I’m a Carthage fan and I have no idea where you are going with this post.

4 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I’m a Carthage fan and I have no idea where you are going with this post.

A lot of Carthage fans on the friday night lights ap ragging argyle for not being able to win.  

Argyle got killed by a player that was in jail last time they played.

7 minutes ago, bradthebad said:

17 did not play in the first game against Argyle because he was under arrest for aggravated assault and burglary of a habitation.  He had 200 plus yards rushing against argyle this past week.  Which i am good with whatever if that is going to keep him off the streets and acting right let him play!  But don't start belittling Argyle because they win at EVERY sport and win the lone star cup EVERY year.   These kids bust their and when they leave school they go to Ivy League schools or top universities.  This message is a much for the carthage peeps as anyone.

I don’t understand what message you’re sending us Carthage fans. Can you please elaborate for us?

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I don’t understand what message you’re sending us Carthage fans. Can you please elaborate for us?

Yeah it was really on the wrong board.  Carthage fans were talking #### about argyle on another board.  And some here about how they cant compete with talent.    Argyle generally doesn't let kids that get arrested play any sport and that is not the same with all programs.  Argyle got beat fair and square by LV no doubt.                                                    

Yeah it was really on the wrong board.  Carthage fans were talking #### about argyle on another board.  And some here about how they cant compete with talent.    Argyle generally doesn't let kids that get arrested play any sport and that is not the same with all programs.  Argyle got beat fair and square by LV no doubt.                                                    

Winning regular season games 70-6 isn’t enough to shup up the naysayers.  You gotta win the big games too.  Argyle has the talent.

Ah, no one has the ammunition to talk trash about Argyle in any sport, football included.

Now, I’ll have to admit that I have made my opinion known that Argyle can sometimes be exposed by a La Vega or Carthage who generally has more naturally gifted athletes if those teams play efficiently and are very disciplined as Argyle is. If you’re super talented with amazing team speed, but turn the ball over and have unforced errors or penalties Argyle will beat you every time. 

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Ah, no one has the ammunition to talk trash about Argyle in any sport, football included.

Now, I’ll have to admit that I have made my opinion known that Argyle can sometimes be exposed by a La Vega or Carthage who generally has more naturally gifted athletes if those teams play efficiently and are very disciplined as Argyle is. If you’re super talented with amazing team speed, but turn the ball over and have unforced errors or penalties Argyle will beat you every time. 

that is a fact.  Exactly what argyle did friday night.  As i said my post was on the wrong board.  Argyle is  pretty damn good at ALL sports.  Girls have won state in bball four years running.  Baseball is ranked number 1 in the country going into the season and just completed the 4th ever undefeated season in texas history.  Have won lone star cup 7 years running.  

2 minutes ago, bradthebad said:

that is a fact.  Exactly what argyle did friday night.  As i said my post was on the wrong board.  Argyle is  pretty damn good at ALL sports.  Girls have won state in bball four years running.  Baseball is ranked number 1 in the country going into the season and just completed the 4th ever undefeated season in texas history.  Have won lone star cup 7 years running.  

That’s wild! Girls basketball and boys baseball absolutely dominating!!!!!

#1 baseball team in the nation!

• Mr. P changed the title to La Vega (12-2) vs. Decatur (8-4), Class 4A (D-I) Semifinals