La Vega (12-2) vs. Decatur (8-4), Class 4A (D-I) Semifinals

BigFanOf22

La Vega vs Decatur  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 4A Div I State Finals?

• Decatur Eagles
    • La Vega Pirates

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2018 at 10:00 PM

24 minutes ago, bradthebad said:

17 did not play in the first game against Argyle because he was under arrest for aggravated assault and burglary of a habitation.  He had 200 plus yards rushing against argyle this past week.  Which i am good with whatever if that is going to keep him off the streets and acting right let him play!  But don't start belittling Argyle because they win at EVERY sport and win the lone star cup EVERY year.   These kids bust their and when they leave school they go to Ivy League schools or top universities.  This message is a much for the carthage peeps as anyone.

All I can tell you this a football forum.  If you have questions about a minor maybe you should take that up with his parents. I am sure they will be more then happy to discuss that with a devastated Argyle fan.  Whatever he did or didnt do he missed 4 games.  These are kids we are talking about.  I guess you never did anything wrong when you were a teenager, must of been born and raised in Argyle.  

• Like 1

Yeah that is a another fact.  It happened.  It hurts a pass happy team to play a run team in pouring rain.  they had 5 turnovers too  You cant do that rain or shine in a big game.  I have watched LV play 12 quarters now without a turnover and about two false starts.  Very good ball team and very disciplined.  

Post a link to the "arrest" you posted about from the media.  I would like to read that.  

11 minutes ago, bradthebad said:

Coach I didn't say anything bad about the kid.  I dont know him and he may be innocent.  I stated what i know to be as facts.  I would never dog a minor period.  Please reread my post.  If i am  wrong please correct me.  Just know i will never say anything bad about a minor that is not fact in the media.  I didnt add an opinion to that. 

I'm 100% sure if he had any charges filed against him the La Vega superintendent would of made sure he never saw the field.  Had he been indicted that would of been in the paper.  Lets move on.  

25 minutes ago, bradthebad said:

If LV is allowing players to play on their team that are under felony indictment they have big problems to deal with.

Edited by coachkells

2 minutes ago, coachkells said:

I'm 100% sure if he had any charges filed against him the La Vega superintendent would of made sure he never saw the field.  Had he been indicted that would of been in the paper.  Let move on.  

I'll choose to believe that.. You won't hear that from me going forward.

5 minutes ago, Texski said:

Thanks for sharing that Coachkells. IMO LV #15 was one  the best defensive players I've seen all year including 6A games. From this interview you can tell he's a great young man too.

Yep, some people have a mental block when it comes to accepting lots of 4A and below teams and players are really good too.

Vander Esch played 1A-D2 football in high school.....in Idaho, and is maybe the best rookie linebacker in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Yep, some people have a mental block when it comes to accepting lots of 4A and below teams and players are really good too.

Vander Esch played 1A-D2 football in high school.....in Idaho, and is maybe the best rookie linebacker in the NFL.

Vander Esch has the highest percentage of tackles for the number of plays played of any player in the league. I was scratchin' my head when they drafted him but it looks like Jerry did good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Vander Esch has the highest percentage of tackles for the number of plays played of any player in the league. I was scratchin' my head when they drafted him but it looks like Jerry did good.

And he has the body frame to add 10-15 lbs in the offseason and still keep his speed/quickness

• Mr. P changed the title to La Vega (12-2) vs. Decatur (8-4), Class 4A (D-I) Semifinals
On 12/11/2018 at 5:57 PM, regaleagle said:

Kudos to the Decatur Eagles for this season and their tenacity.......they do have a history for coming back in seasons past......just to let you know.  They are one of those teams that seems to always have a very good QB.  He can run it very well also.  I don't know where they get these guys......but they always seem to have one in the works just like Stephenville does.  He WILL burn LV for a couple of scores, but that's about it.....IMO.  If the weather is not rainy....LOL.  IF this team got this far even in out of Region 1.......then one must assume that they do have a pretty darn good offensive attack and some defense to limit Hirschi's outstanding RBs and QB.  I think the Hirschi starting QB was out for the season now for several weeks though......just to be honest about it.  That really impaired Hirschi's overall offensive attack and gave Decatur's D a better chance to key on J. Foster.  Decatur's D will NOT able to key on just one RB against this LV stable of RB's and QB.......they will be buzzing around like bees trying to figure out who has the ball.....LOL.  It's fun to watch LV from a fan perspective.....I really, really like their team.

Good post.  The projected/returning starting QB, who was a stud, decided not to play this year to focus on basketball/baseball.  He's an OK State baseball commit. It was a pretty big loss but the new QB has exceeded expectations and has done a good job.  

I have kids in Decatur ISD so I've followed them as much as I could this year.  I can't explain some of their blowout losses early in their year, or even a late season loss to Gainesville. Never expected a playoff run like this. But I think the competition or lack of in the playoffs has certainly helped this year. 

Decatur is a growing city/school district with a pretty solid athletic program all around(Cross country and volleyball state champs this year and a solid basketball squad as well). I think they will continue to get better in all sports and hopefully be similar to Argyle eventually.  I do hope the growth slows some before they get moved up in realignment. 

Unfortunately, I think this playoff run comes to a screeching halt Friday. I just hope they can keep it respectable.