Carthage (14-0) vs. Liberty Hill (12-1), Class 4A (D-I) Semifinals

PantherNation2015

Carthage vs Liberty Hill  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 4A Div I State Finals?

• Liberty Hill Panthers
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:30 AM

15 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Congratulations go to Liberty Hill for running through our defense tonight. We just couldn’t stop the Panthers.

The Bulldogs didn’t help themselves with huge dropped passes, the fumble before half..

LH is good at what they do and it’s a frustrating thing to watch as a fan of the opposing team.

I’m proud of the Bulldogs this season and what many of the players on this year’s team accomplished together in years past. 

It’s been a whole lot of fun watching the Bulldogs supporting them when we win and when we lose.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

Huge congrats to Carthage on their long run. I remember 2007, looking at the players sizes and thinking OMG, those are men compared to our sizes. And still players with the soze and speed! It was a great game, regardless of the final score. 

I know it stings now...a lot! I had a 3-yr starter that went through the same. I have no doubt Carthage will not drop a beat getting back next year.

1 minute ago, LHPM said:

Huge congrats to Carthage on their long run. I remember 2007, looking at the players sizes and thinking OMG, those are men compared to our sizes. And still players with the soze and speed! It was a great game, regardless of the final score. 

I know it stings now...a lot! I had a 3-yr starter that went through the same. I have no doubt Carthage will not drop a beat getting back next year.

Thanks LHPM, y’all earned it tonight. Us Bulldog fans will be ready to see the new-look Dawgs at the end of August! 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2018 at 6:41 PM, coachkells said:

This Liberty Hill / Carthage game is going to be a knock down drag out and take a heavy toll on both teams.  I remember playing LH over the past few years and how beat up the team would be after those games.  

I got a thumbs down and laughed at because of this comment.  But what do I know.  

51 minutes ago, coachkells said:

I got a thumbs down and laughed at because of this comment.  But what do I know.  

When I saw that comment the other day, I knew you were right. The only thing I wondered in this game was whether or not LH would fumble the ball as much as they did the last game. If they would have I figured the homers from Carthage would be correct in their prognostication. If they didn't and LH could get a few stops (which happened mainly early on from the receivers inability to make catches; I was impressed by the Carthage QB's accuracy and velocity of his throws) they might be able to get a lead. If you can't defensively stop that type of attack, which is different at this level than 4AD2, then you're behind the 8-ball with the clock regardless of the quick scoring offense you might have. Plus by the time you're in the 2nd half you get very tired with the continuous hammering by that type of running attack. You have to match that offense with brute force and speed.

Different offense, but kinda like Navy in college. Teams aren't used to a wishbone type offense.

LH deserved to win tonight they played good hard football and had fewer mistakes.

You can blame the defense all you want, but they got stops. Offense didn’t capitalize and left them on the field too long.

Congrats LH. Best of luck next week.

Good season Dawgs! We’ll be back!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vikkidavis said:

I agree they are not a passing team but LH they did make a few completions tonight for descent yardage.The only disadvantage running this type of offense if they get behind say

a couple of touchdowns it 's going to be very hard to come back clock wise if their playing a strong offense that can pass and run the ball like LV.On the other hand if they can run on LV then it will be very close. And does LV have the physical stamina for a close ground and pound game ?  I haven't made my pick either way yet.

3 hours ago, coachkells said:

Go back and watch how we handled Paris.  

I saw it and yes The Pirates are very tough but how's the Defense of on containing the slot-T, I know Vegas offense is outstanding but what about the Defense, I just saw highlights of the Vega vs Paris and yes Vega looks like they going to win State but this game maybe close.

2 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

I saw it and yes The Pirates are very tough but how's the Defense of on containing the slot-T, I know Vegas offense is outstanding but what about the Defense, I just saw highlights of the Vega vs Paris and yes Vega looks like they going to win State but this game maybe close.

La Vega has done very well slowing down Liberty Hill the last few years. This is going to be a tough one for LH to win.

I haven’t posted in a long time, and I’m only posting this in hopes the dude from Texas down low sees it! Lol To say that “Carthage wasn’t impressive” and “if it weren’t for the refs LH wins by 3 touchdowns”, is asinine. Imo if we didn’t have the huge multiple dropped passes, we would be planning for a game next week. We shot ourselves in the foot all night with dropped passes and missed tackles. I honestly don’t think we played Carthage football last night. LH broke some runs, don’t get me wrong, but the WIND was a killer on our passing game, not LH defense. Now I see why their coach refused to play us indoors. 

• Like 1

My first thought when Carthage began to struggle last night with the dropped passes was that they had been practicing indoors too much. I don't know if they have been, but I know they have the capability to do so.

My second thought was "What an awesome O-line!" Who the hell ever blocks Carthage like that?

Congrats to Liberty Hill. This game made me flash back to their rout of Gilmer in Waco in 2007, which was also a windy day tailor-made for the Slot T versus a team that passes the ball. 

6 hours ago, JBizzle said:

LH deserved to win tonight they played good hard football and had fewer mistakes.

You can blame the defense all you want, but they got stops. Offense didn’t capitalize and left them on the field too long.

Congrats LH. Best of luck next week.

Good season Dawgs! We’ll be back!

Yep, good post.

57 minutes ago, CLASSof2010 said:

I haven’t posted in a long time, and I’m only posting this in hopes the dude from Texas down low sees it! Lol To say that “Carthage wasn’t impressive” and “if it weren’t for the refs LH wins by 3 touchdowns”, is asinine. Imo if we didn’t have the huge multiple dropped passes, we would be planning for a game next week. We shot ourselves in the foot all night with dropped passes and missed tackles. I honestly don’t think we played Carthage football last night. LH broke some runs, don’t get me wrong, but the WIND was a killer on our passing game, not LH defense. Now I see why their coach refused to play us indoors. 

Exactly