Carthage (14-0) vs. Liberty Hill (12-1), Class 4A (D-I) Semifinals

PantherNation2015

Carthage vs Liberty Hill  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 4A Div I State Finals?

• Liberty Hill Panthers
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:30 AM

Liberty Hill came into Cy-Fair last evening on a mission to end Carthage’s 40 game winning streak, which they did, successfully. They played nearly flawlessly, whereas Carthage did not. 

Liberty Hill’s speed, deception, determination, skill, discipline, & heart won the game, I would like to congratulate them on a job well done... They came & slayed the dragon that is the Carthage Bulldogs.

Congratulations to their coach, who brought his Wing-T offensive scheme to this contest and executed it successfully. 

Carthage can stand with their heads up for winning forty games in a row & giving us Carthage folks so many memorable as well as exciting games to attend, & we will be back again every year to shout, scream & stomp for them! 

Waco LaVega is waiting in the wings for you now, Panthers; I will be pulling for you from here on out, but there is one more dragon for you to slay, & it is big, fast & ready!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Liberty Hill came into Cy-Fair last evening on a mission to end Carthage’s 40 game winning streak, which they did, successfully. They played nearly flawlessly, whereas Carthage did not. 

Liberty Hill’s speed, deception, determination, skill, discipline, & heart won the game, I would like to congratulate them on a job well done... They came & slayed the dragon that is the Carthage Bulldogs.

Congratulations to their coach, who brought his Wing-T offensive scheme to this contest and executed it successfully. 

Carthage can stand with their heads up for winning forty games in a row & giving us Carthage folks so many memorable as well as exciting games to attend, & we will be back again every year to shout, scream & stomp for them! 

Waco LaVega is waiting in the wings for you now, Panthers; I will be pulling for you from here on out, but there is one more dragon for you to slay, & it is big, fast & ready!

Great post!

• Thanks 1

first of all congrats to LH.   very well coached team with players that play hard on every play.   don't know how next week will turn out but what an awesome experience to get to play in Jerry's world.  

second............congrats to my bulldogs.   this team started august very green.   had to replace a very talented team from 2017.   they had a lot of kids playing their first varsity game in august.  they also had to do this with a target on their back.   a target that included a 26 game winning streak.  a target that included back to back state championships. they played a very tough non district schedule with everyone wanting  to be "that" team that stopped the streak.   my point is...............i am not for sure these DAWGS really got to enjoy the awesome season they were a part of.   even this week being 14-0.................which most schools have not experienced even once.....................was not gonna be good enough without  two more wins.   

i ;understand what kind of season this group had and want to applaud them one more time..................GO DAWGS!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

3 point loss in state semifinals.  Didn't fall that far.  You'll always have 2010 though.

2010 will live on forever as it should. It's funny to me that all state championships that are in Cathage you would think you could take a little teasing since you certainly don't mind dishing it out.

2 minutes ago, KingLeo said:

2010 will live on forever as it should. It's funny to me that all state championships that are in Cathage you would think you could take a little teasing since you certainly don't mind dishing it out.

Im fine with teasing,  i just dont like stupid.  "My how the mighty have fallen" is just plain stupid.  We lost by 3 in a state semifinal in a game we couldve just as easily won.  Not like we got run out of the stadium.  I predicted a 3-peat to start the season and we got pretty darn close.  We just weren't good enough.  That's ok.  We know we cant win it all every year.  We will be back next year.  Until then have a Merry Christmas everyone. 

10 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Im fine with teasing,  i just dont like stupid.  "My how the mighty have fallen" is just plain stupid.  We lost by 3 in a state semifinal in a game we couldve just as easily won.  Not like we got run out of the stadium.  I predicted a 3-peat to start the season and we got pretty darn close.  We just weren't good enough.  That's ok.  We know we cant win it all every year.  We will be back next year.  Until then have a Merry Christmas everyone. 

Well I'm so sorry that statement stung so badly. Whether it's 1 point, 50 points, 3 points, it's still a loss. I never at one time said that y'all were run out of the stadium. Merry Christmas !!!

18 minutes ago, KingLeo said:

62 to 7 in 2 games, I remember that very well. Looking forward to the annual loss(es) that Henderson will take again next year. We lost and they won, it's part of playing a game. 

• LOL! 1

8 minutes ago, KingLeo said:

Well I'm so sorry that statement stung so badly. Whether it's 1 point, 50 points, 3 points, it's still a loss. I never at one time said that y'all were run out of the stadium. Merry Christmas !!!

That statement STUNK it didnt sting.  Get back to me when ya'll offense figures out how to score a single touchdown.

7 minutes ago, DTrump said:

Henderson has no grounds to troll anyone after a loss. After the performances they've had the last several games against Carthage I would just hush and let LH enjoy their win and going to state. My 2 cents worth.

Thank you for being a voice of reason.  Funny how these guys talking smack have been aweful quiet before now.  He's just here to troll.  See yall next year

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Thank you for being a voice of reason.  Funny how these guys talking smack have been aweful silent before now.   I just noticed 'kinglea' has a whopping 7 posts.  He's just here to troll.  See yall next year

He could be yet another screen name of that Other infamous Hendo troll, we all know.....🤔

Well, I have scanned smoakey some this year, and, by far, not an expert on anything.   As I watched the Dawgs, this year, I saw some young men grow. There are a lot of young varsity players who are returning next year.   I was told we are losing just a few starters.  I do know there is a very talented JV moving up, with a good QB.  Gunner was good, and sometimes,  great!  Enjoyed watching him grow up in the football world..

Last night, I saw a team start off great, and end up with a lot of touchdowns dropped. Nothing against Liberty Hill, their offense was interesting to watch, but if Wideouts don't drop balls, this game is different in my opinion.   Unfortunately,  miscues and mistakes,  are part of the game.  Liberty Hill, I hope you're able to beat LaVega, but I don't think it will happen.  In my honest opinion,  you played very well, and beat a better team.

Next Year Dawgs!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Liberty said:

Well, I have scanned smoakey some this year, and, by far, not an expert on anything.   As I watched the Dawgs, this year, I saw some young men grow. There are a lot of young varsity players who are returning next year.   I was told we are losing just a few starters.  I do know there is a very talented JV moving up, with a good QB.  Gunner was good, and sometimes,  great!  Enjoyed watching him grow up in the football world..

Last night, I saw a team start off great, and end up with a lot of touchdowns dropped. Nothing against Liberty Hill, their offense was interesting to watch, but if Wideouts don't drop balls, this game is different in my opinion.   Unfortunately,  miscues and mistakes,  are part of the game.  Liberty Hill, I hope you're able to beat LaVega, but I don't think it will happen.  In my honest opinion,  you played very well, and beat a better team.

Next Year Dawgs!

Starters lost......QB, LT, LG, C, TE, TB(started more games than soph), WR(part time)  and  S, CB, DT(a few games started), LB(most games),LB(a few games)

7 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

La Vega has done very well slowing down Liberty Hill the last few years. This is going to be a tough one for LH to win.

Ohhh so La Vega is known for playing alot of Liberty Hill, and can slow the slot-T, then yes it will be difficult on Liberty Hill. I don't think Carthage were use to playing against the slot-T, if Carthage would of known A lot about playing the slot-T then Carthage maybe wouldn't have much problems against it but it's something never seen.

• Like 1