Carthage (14-0) vs. Liberty Hill (12-1), Class 4A (D-I) Semifinals

PantherNation2015

Carthage vs Liberty Hill  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 4A Div I State Finals?

• Liberty Hill Panthers
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:30 AM

1 hour ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Now that's karma there... yep,  get called soft,  slow,  overrated... no problem. Win and show them otherwise and remind them of what they said about you and your classless. 

Listen to the ifs and buts to soften the loss from Carthage fans and its legit,  if it's coming from an opponent, it's sour grapes or excuses.

Carthage fans,  you guys are great, you love and support your team. But some of you are also spoiled, arrogant, and obnoxious. 

You guys have a tremendous football program,  absolutely outstanding,  one to be envied. Enjoy it in a classy way.  I am sure you guys will be back,  honestly I expect you guys will win the title next year. 

Saying you are the better team, drops were the difference is slighting LH.  That's a two way street.  That's like saying MH (not a fan) lost to you because of a couple of fumbles and poor officiating (both ways), they were the better team, that night.  But saying that takes away from your victory over them. I talked to a coach at MH... he never once mentioned the officiating,  he talked about too many fumbles against you guys, he took it on the chin. 

Sometimes you take it on the chin,  it's how you respond to adversity that really tells people what you are about.  Be proud, heck of a season. 

dfwfan, you have no proof our boys called them soft, slow or overrated. In fact, I don’t think even any of our fans called them those things, because we know they’re not any of those things. 

13 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Great win LH and thanks for serving up a nice piece of humble pie to the Dawgs.  They did not have the referees around to save them this time against a smash mouth slot-t/wing-t offense.

Yes we lost the game.  At least our complaints are directed towards the lack of execution by our players and we're not on here whining about the refs.

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

dfwfan, you have no proof our boys called them soft, slow or overrated. In fact, I don’t think even any of our fans called them those things, because we know they’re not any of those things. 

Not here no you're right... but the kids use the Football Friday app... and it gets ridiculous there. This was a good thread this past week here, tempered enthusiasm and expectations,  mutual respect. I think DawgNation2015 is one of the most objective and football savvy fans from Carthage. 

12 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Not here no you're right... but the kids use the Football Friday app... and it gets ridiculous there. This was a good thread this past week here, tempered enthusiasm and expectations,  mutual respect. I think DawgNation2015 is one of the most objective and football savvy fans from Carthage. 

There you go, I agree, I think we had a great conversation between the two fanbases ahead of the game and after until very recently.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

No it’s not, us dropping touchdown passes LH was clearly beaten on is not the same as “if we’d broken more long runs”. You didn’t break more long runs, because your boys were tackled. LH has nothing to do with us dropping sure touchdowns.

Big difference 

May not be the same to you, I suppose because you lost and because passing is such a part of Carthage's game.  It's the same to Liberty Hill because they won and breaking tackles and busting long runs is what they do.  It's the same thing whether you can see it or not, both end with the result of a TD.  No difference other than you didn't get the outcome you wanted.

15 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Liberty Hill beat a very good Dawg team that did not play as well as they could have. Liberty Hill was the better team when they had to be.

Great win and congrats. Enjoy it while you can, next week you have another giant to slay.

Nothing against Liberty Hill, but without a passing attack and a good one. I cant see you beating La Vega with the speed they have.     

Several said the same thing regarding LH not beating Carthage without a passing attack.  I would certainly give the edge to LV, but LH has the ability to pull it off.  

Also, Liberty Hill "did not play as well as they could have" either.  If they had, they'd have won by 2-3 TDs.  Nothing against Carthage.

6 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Several said the same thing regarding LH not beating Carthage without a passing attack.  I would certainly give the edge to LV, but LH has the ability to pull it off.  

Also, Liberty Hill "did not play as well as they could have" either.  If they had, they'd have won by 2-3 TDs.  Nothing against Carthage.

Liberty Hill “didn’t play as well as they could have” due to playing a better opponent than they have all season;

This not the same as dropping a pass with little or no pressure, that would have yielded points that would have swung the outcome of this game to Carthage’s favor...

Liberty Hill WON this game; No one is questioning the outcome because we were there & saw it for ourselves. Liberty Hill was the better team In That Game.

5 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Liberty Hill “didn’t play as well as they could have” due to playing a better opponent than they have all season;

This not the same as dropping a pass with little or no pressure, that would have yielded points that would have swung the outcome of this game to Carthage’s favor...

Liberty Hill WON this game; No one is questioning the outcome because we were there & saw it for ourselves. Liberty Hill was the better team In That Game.

LH folks can say the same regarding Carthage, that Carthage "didn't play as well as they could have" due to playing a better opponent than they have all season.  It's a dog chasing its tale kind of argument.  

LH folks can also contend that it wasn't dropping a pass with little or no pressure.  The pressure was that of the game and what was at stake.  The Liberty Hill boys performed better under that pressure than the Carthage boys on this particular night.  

14 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

LH folks can say the same regarding Carthage, that Carthage "didn't play as well as they could have" due to playing a better opponent than they have all season.  It's a dog chasing its tale kind of argument.  

LH folks can also contend that it wasn't dropping a pass with little or no pressure.  The pressure was that of the game and what was at stake.  The Liberty Hill boys performed better under that pressure than the Carthage boys on this particular night.  

SMDH....🙄

7 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

That’s what I was thinking, none of our boys know anything about him or Liberty Hill. Why would they say something on social media to get him or the team even more lathered up to play Carthage. I actually don’t believe it and he just said that as an excuse.

I don't know where he saw it or who posted it. I do know some things were on FSSW app in the chat part because my grown sons have the app to keep up with scores around the state. I won't repeat it because it was uncalled for. Kids these days have access to ALL kinds of information. And the bad part is that anyone can claim to be frim anywhere & no one's any wiser.

5 hours ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Yes! That's exactly it.

6 hours ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Thanks for the kind words.  I’m just a novice who tries to look at the big picture as much as possible. Sometimes I wear my bulldawg red glasses but I guess it’s all in good fun. I did get a lot of things right in my pregame thoughts on this matchup between Carthage and LH.  Just wished I could say I correctly picked the winner!  But I will leave you with this last bit of two cent wisdom.  Preparation for 2019 in Carthage starts tomorrow.  With 15 returning starters, an 8-1 JV team and a 10-0 Freshman team, the Dawgs will be bigger, stronger and faster next year.  I will go out on a limb and predict the Dawgs will go 15-1 in 2019 and bring the trophy back to Carthage where it belongs!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Thanks for the kind words.  I’m just a novice who tries to look at the big picture as much as possible. Sometimes I wear my bulldawg red glasses but I guess it’s all in good fun. I did get a lot of things right in my pregame thoughts on this matchup between Carthage and LH.  Just wished I could say I correctly picked the winner!  But I will leave you with this last bit of two cent wisdom.  Preparation for 2019 in Carthage starts tomorrow.  With 15 returning starters, an 8-1 JV team and a 10-0 Freshman team, the Dawgs will be bigger, stronger and faster next year.  I will go out on a limb and predict the Dawgs will go 15-1 in 2019 and bring the trophy back to Carthage where it belongs!

The biggest deal for Carthage next year will be having a QB step up. But we all know Surratt/Dickson will start grooming one very quick.

15 minutes ago, DTrump said:

The biggest deal for Carthage next year will be having a QB step up. But we all know Surratt/Dickson will start grooming one very quick.

You know the same thing was said about the Dawgs in 2017.  Capps went 30-1 as a starter.  There are several capable QB’s in the pipeline as underclassmen.  Will be fun to watch the battle for the job!

1 hour ago, LHPM said:

I don't know where he saw it or who posted it. I do know some things were on FSSW app in the chat part because my grown sons have the app to keep up with scores around the state. I won't repeat it because it was uncalled for. Kids these days have access to ALL kinds of information. And the bad part is that anyone can claim to be frim anywhere & no one's any wiser.

That’s true, Liberty Hill Panther Mama, Carthage fans have no quarrel with your Panthers and y’all beat us fair and square. 

It was a competitive game and we had fun even though we lost. It had to end one day and y’all are 2-0 against Carthage in “recent” history.

That’s actually quite an accomplishment in itself. 

Honestly, y’all’s offense frustrates me, but it gets the very best out of the talent at your disposal. 

Enjoy Jerry World and the entire experience!

32 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

You know the same thing was said about the Dawgs in 2017.  Capps went 30-1 as a starter.  There are several capable QB’s in the pipeline as underclassmen.  Will be fun to watch the battle for the job!

This is what I’m most excited about for next year is breaking in a new QB!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I am all in on that prediction! The streak is kinda cool, but I’d actually our boys get beat early in non-district so they know they’re not unbeatable to keep that edge so they prepare as best as possible. Then when the games truly matter they’ll be 100% ready.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Dual threat senior, junior that played another position on varsity, and multi-sport junior from the JV football team are all viable candidates...……...Will be an interesting competition more than likely...……...All should be more of a running threat than the last 5 years.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1