All America Team

Sportsfanatic1

13 hours ago, WETSU said:

Sternberger is first team all American yet wasn’t a finalist for TE of the year award 😂😂

I only watched maybe 2 or 3 A&M games, but Sterngerger impressed me in every one of them. 

A&M didn't use TE's under Sumlin, correct? That might be another reason he stood out (because of Fisher), but he was very good.

2 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

I only watched maybe 2 or 3 A&M games, but Sterngerger impressed me in every one of them. 

A&M didn't use TE's under Sumlin, correct? That might be another reason he stood out (because of Fisher), but he was very good.

We did like twice lmao

Sternberger stands out because he led the nation in touchdowns, receiving yards (at least for a while... I think he got passed up but still had more yards per reception), etc. He definitely got jobbed for not at least being named a finalist. 

23 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

We did like twice lmao

Sternberger stands out because he led the nation in touchdowns, receiving yards (at least for a while... I think he got passed up but still had more yards per reception), etc. He definitely got jobbed for not at least being named a finalist. 

That's what I thought lol

He's very athletic and I thought he was worthy of being a finalist for that award.

Much like the constant talk for Tua and Kyler through the year would have made it impossible for anyone else to have been in the picture...did you see Haskins during the pre-show and the 3 sat together and the announcers would ask only Tua and Kyler about each other and how they "idolize" each others games and after a moment it was "nearly like" the announcer was practically like sliding over in front of Haskins to ####-chat more with "the important guys". Looked like Haskins wanted to roll his eyes and be anywhere else but there...I'm sure it had been that way the entire time he'd been there the last day or so...what a mental "beat down" to be a part of. 

The Iowa TE's had been getting talked up constantly (Fant and even less the winner, Hockenson)

1 hour ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Much like the constant talk for Tua and Kyler through the year would have made it impossible for anyone else to have been in the picture...did you see Haskins during the pre-show and the 3 sat together and the announcers would ask only Tua and Kyler about each other and how they "idolize" each others games and after a moment it was "nearly like" the announcer was practically like sliding over in front of Haskins to ####-chat more with "the important guys". Looked like Haskins wanted to roll his eyes and be anywhere else but there...I'm sure it had been that way the entire time he'd been there the last day or so...what a mental "beat down" to be a part of. 

The Iowa TE's had been getting talked up constantly (Fant and even less the winner, Hockenson)

I didn't watch the heisman presentation/show, but I kinda saw the same thing in the media leading up to it. It was the Tua/Kyler show, and Haskins was there just because they needed a third person. 

56 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I didn't watch the heisman presentation/show, but I kinda saw the same thing in the media leading up to it. It was the Tua/Kyler show, and Haskins was there just because they needed a third person. 

shoulda just put a old manakin up there in a football outfit...maybe an old Manziel jersey on it just for s*its and giggles for the third...might have pulled as many votes and got more attention from the announcer

3 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

shoulda just put a old manakin up there in a football outfit...maybe an old Manziel jersey on it just for s*its and giggles for the third...might have pulled as many votes and got more attention from the announcer

I've never understood a need for a 3rd nominee. It's always a two man race, with the third being irrelevant.