Austin Westlake (13-1) vs. Beaumont West Brook (12-2), Class 6A (D-II) Semifinals

RETIREDFAN1

West Brook vs. Westlake  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your winner......

• Beaumont West Brook
    • Austin Westlake

That makes three of us...  Johnny and I were just talking about this the other day. 

Sure, tradition and reputation favors Westlake, but I think West Brook is playing with an edge. I think they take this one, and all the experts will be talking about the "shocking upset." 

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

They've been missing their QB for a while, I think. Since when are they missing their RB? Their defense has carried them through the playoffs. Lots of shutouts and games under 10 points. But I don't see West Brook being held under 28. 

They both went down two weeks ago, against Vela. 

• Mr. P changed the title to Austin Westlake (13-1) vs. Beaumont West Brook (12-2), Class 6A (D-II) Semifinals
On 12/12/2018 at 3:25 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

They've been missing their QB for a while, I think. Since when are they missing their RB? Their defense has carried them through the playoffs. Lots of shutouts and games under 10 points. But I don't see West Brook being held under 28. 

They’re missing their top 2 backs and their center on top of their QB. They’re screwed up big time on offense, but their defense is Westfield good.

2 hours ago, 85lobooldschool said:

It will be fun if West Brook and the Lobos both win.  Will be three years in a row we would meet in the playoffs and the winner get the best 2 outta 3 and a State title. 

It would be great for JB too. I think it would be a blowout though. WB doesn’t play any defense. 

20 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

They’re missing their top 2 backs and their center on top of their QB. They’re screwed up big time on offense, but their defense is Westfield good.

I didn't know they were missing another RB and their Center. And still, their offense looked pretty good last week. 

I would say their defense is much better than Westfield. 

1 minute ago, Pack007 said:

We did. It was 50-7 in Beaumont. Can’t believe they made it to state 

Oof. I remember that now that you mention it. I know they've lost a few games this year- one to North Shore bad bad (but NS is crazy good) and one to a team they turned around and beat in the playoffs. They just beat a Westlake team that was missing some key players, but they really won it by more than the score indicates. 

I'd have rather played Westlake... But we've gotta handle business against Tascosa first and then can worry about West Brook.

9 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Oof. I remember that now that you mention it. I know they've lost a few games this year- one to North Shore bad bad (but NS is crazy good) and one to a team they turned around and beat in the playoffs. They just beat a Westlake team that was missing some key players, but they really won it by more than the score indicates. 

I'd have rather played Westlake... But we've gotta handle business against Tascosa first and then can worry about West Brook.

True. Good luck! Pulling for y’all 

• Like 1