๐Ÿ† Cuero (14-1) vs. Pleasant Grove (13-2), Class 4A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

futfan

P G or Cuero   

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 4A Div II State Finals?

• Cuero Gobblers
    • Pleasant Grove Hawks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2018 at 05:00 PM

PG has to keep there head on straight and do what they do. West Texas teams are really well coached and will lay wood. IMO PG plays like a West Texas team and is well coached ย and will lay wood too. ย I think this will be a barn burner with Pg taking it by two scores. ย Currie looks tough on film

Looks like Cuero, over the past 3 years, has lost a grand total of 3 games to date.ย  These apparently senior-heavy Gobblers may be ready to eat all the marbles instead of just playing for them, and given they have a tough UT commit leading the way they'll be fired up - their line takes a lot of pride in being strong as well.ย 

Kirk and (I forget the other PG announcer's name, forgive me) said that a PG player was injured on the final XP last night and didn't look good at the time.ย  This Friday's gameย (like the Silsbee match last night) may be back-and-forth like Gladewater was.ย  I only hope that THIS time PG keeps ahead, however much (i.e. last week's Pittsburg win) all the way to the final second and "scoreboard".ย  It would be great to have Texarkana's "Texas side" finally have a back-to-back championship team.

BTW, don't want to belittle Pleasant Grove.ย  Someone on the game thread last night said that at times now they seem a bit better than last year's team.ย  That's a tall order, but, BOY, do these guys keep coming at you like last year's team did, maybe this time with not as much speed and a bit more power.ย  Harmon has broken his own season passing TD record, and Garrett T. J. Cole's single season rushing yardage record, so this team can't be underestimated.

• Mr. P changed the title to ๐Ÿ† Cuero (14-1) vs. Pleasant Grove (13-2), Class 4A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

I watched the final quarter of Cuero and Silsbee. The kid going to Texas (#3) is a super fast and athletic kid, he did it all. They were most productive when he was in the wildcat. Although he is a better player maker than the Jimmerson kid, I believe Pittโ€™s skill players as a unit were better. I was not impressed with Silsbeeโ€™s offense, and Cuero will have their hands full stopping PG. That said, I think if PG wins the toss they take the ball, and just work to keep #3 off the field. I do like PG is this game, but think it could be a back and forth affair.

6 hours ago, OLEMAN said:

PG has to keep there head on straight and do what they do. West Texas teams are really well coached and will lay wood. IMO PG plays like a West Texas team and is well coached ย and will lay wood too. ย I think this will be a barn burner with Pg taking it by two scores. ย Currie looks tough on film

Cuero is not in west Texas.ย 

• Stinks 1

1 hour ago, gobblegobble said:

Donโ€™t underestimate Cuero.ย 

Man, I can tell you as an innocent bystander, the hawks donโ€™t underestimate anyone. This group of kids are top notch. They are blue collar, hard working kids who go all out each week. They donโ€™t think they win by showing up. They will prepare all week as though Cuero is the Alabama Crimson Tide.

If PG loses, it wonโ€™t be because they got the big head and underestimated Cuero.

• Like 3

Cuero is not a "one-man show".........they have a multitude of quality players just like PG.ย  Albrecht at RB is very solid, and so is the Qb.ย  They have two Whittingtons.......both are seniors but I think they are cousins, not brothers.ย  #3 Jordan is the star, but #40 Devyn has speed and talent too.ย  They have another good back #6 Grant Keiran with speed and moves too.ย  This is a senior laden team and will be very well coached.ย  It will take PG's very best effort to defeat Cuero, IMHO.......they are loaded.ย  Get your popcorn and get ready for a real barn burner......that's all I gotta say about this one.ย  Except that in my mind.......this game is a total toss-up.ย  I've got Cuero winning in my Bracket Breaker.

• Thanks 1