🏆 Cuero (14-1) vs. Pleasant Grove (13-2), Class 4A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

futfan

P G or Cuero   

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 4A Div II State Finals?

• Cuero Gobblers
    • Pleasant Grove Hawks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2018 at 05:00 PM

6 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Cuero is not a "one-man show".........they have a multitude of quality players just like PG.  Albrecht at RB is very solid, and so is the Qb.  They have two Whittingtons.......both are seniors but I think they are cousins, not brothers.  #3 Jordan is the star, but #40 Devyn has speed and talent too.  They have another good back #6 Grant Keiran with speed and moves too.  This is a senior laden team and will be very well coached.  It will take PG's very best effort to defeat Cuero, IMHO.......they are loaded.  Get your popcorn and get ready for a real barn burner......that's all I gotta say about this one.  Except that in my mind.......this game is a total toss-up.  I've got Cuero winning in my Bracket Breaker.

Sounds like a bunch of the other teams we have already beaten. Unfortunately for Cuero, they will get PGs best effort, just like anybody else. Cuero has no chance, might as well not even show up and head to Six Flags instead.

• LOL! 1

19 hours ago, Unbiased1 said:

I watched the final quarter of Cuero and Silsbee. The kid going to Texas (#3) is a super fast and athletic kid, he did it all. They were most productive when he was in the wildcat. Although he is a better player maker than the Jimmerson kid, I believe Pitt’s skill players as a unit were better. I was not impressed with Silsbee’s offense, and Cuero will have their hands full stopping PG. That said, I think if PG wins the toss they take the ball, and just work to keep #3 off the field. I do like PG is this game, but think it could be a back and forth affair.

Our offense wasn't designed to impress you.  It's meant to keep you off the field. 

With a sophomore QB still becoming his own we relied on defense to keep games close.

This game came down to special teams, we we're beat there.  

They're a balanced team on offense that can hurt you with one of three backs. Whittington is the real deal and isn't afraid to mix it up.

If it comes down to a play needing to be made he'll get it done.

Good luck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nonothing said:

Sounds like a bunch of the other teams we have already beaten. Unfortunately for Cuero, they will get PGs best effort, just like anybody else. Cuero has no chance, might as well not even show up and head to Six Flags instead.

Kinda like Gladewater. Lmao

2 hours ago, Nonothing said:

Your name says it all.....Nonothing.....except it should be spelled Knownothing, LOL. 

• LOL! 1

43 minutes ago, jubilant said:

All those thinking PG already has this thing won........you have another thing coming. These guys are tried and tested. I had them picked to win from the beginning. Ole Regal knows what he is talking about. 

zzzzzzz heard it before. I've seen them play. PG can beat them easily.

40 minutes ago, jubilant said:

Kinda like Gladewater. Lmao

Pre-district bud....hang your hat on something that happened 2 months ago...watch that film...gameplay by that....still gonna lose. 

28 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Your name says it all.....Nonothing.....except it should be spelled Knownothing, LOL. 

lol you're sweet. Actually, nonothing is a play on words for knownothing...way to make a joke already made, sweetie. You're pretty.

1 hour ago, silsbee92 said:

Our offense wasn't designed to impress you.  It's meant to keep you off the field. 

With a sophomore QB still becoming his own we relied on defense to keep games close.

This game came down to special teams, we we're beat there.  

They're a balanced team on offense that can hurt you with one of three backs. Whittington is the real deal and isn't afraid to mix it up.

If it comes down to a play needing to be made he'll get it done.

Good luck.

1. Same as us but we do it better.

2. Our sophomore QB won state last year...he was ready back then. #### yours is still "becoming his own" 

3. You're beat everywhere.

4. PG is pretty balanced but they just hurt you with everybody. 

5. Nah

I truly believe this will be one of the better games at the state championships. 

I am pulling for PG, they gave my Dawgs one heck of a game and almost beat us. They have a great defense and their offense is all about ball control to keep high power offenses off the field. 

Cuero is obviously one of the two best left and I take Regaeagle assessment of Cuero seriously. 

He is probably right in this game being s toss up. 

I say PG by 7

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dfwfootballfan said:

You need to retake Jr High geography or trust google maps...it's in the coastal bend region between Houston and San Antonio.

Yeah...West Texas.

2 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Cuero is just northwest of Victoria. Not exactly West Texas. 

If it ain't East Texas, it's West Texas.

3 hours ago, gobblegobble said:

No it’s not

Yeah, it is.

Here's a few facts. Cuero is not in West Texas; second Whittington may be the first 5-star recruit PG has played. He should be the best individual player the Hawks have faced for sure. He'll be the most dangerous weapon on the field, either team. Catches passes, runs wild from the wildcat, runs kicks back and has 12 interceptions on defense in his career. I suspect they've seen a lot of wing-t and slot-t teams this season. If PG plays its best game the Hawks will win by 2 touchdowns. If they make mistakes, it could be different. I can visualize PG winning four straight state championships.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 68Hornet said:

Understand what you're saying futfan, but it's Arlington to those folks who have never been to Dallas.

I have Been. I just use it as a generic term. Kinda like Cuero in Weat Texas ; )

• LOL! 1