๐Ÿ† Cuero (14-1) vs. Pleasant Grove (13-2), Class 4A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

futfan

P G or Cuero   

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 4A Div II State Finals?

• Cuero Gobblers
    • Pleasant Grove Hawks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2018 at 05:00 PM

• Cuero is averaging 50.5 points and 406.2 yards per game -- 251.7 rushing and 154.5 passing.
  • Cuero senior Jordan Whittington has accounted for 1,417 yards of offense and 21 touchdowns.
  • Cuero running backs Chance Albrecht and Kieran Grant have combined for 2,934 rushing yards and 55 touchdowns.
  • The cumulative record of Cuero's opponents is 87-78 (.527).
  • Cuero is allowing 16.7 points per game, has 19 sacks, and has forced 27 turnovers -- 17 interceptions and 10 fumbles.
  • Pleasant Grove is averaging 38.9 points and 426 yards per game -- 294.3 rushing and 131.7 passing.
  • Pleasant Grove quarterback Ben Harmon is averaging 22.5 yards per completion.
  • Hawks running backs Bruce Garrett and James Wiggins have combined for 3,039 rushing yards and 27 touchdowns.
  • The cumulative record of Pleasant Grove's opponents is 96-69 (.582).
  • Pleasant Grove is allowing 19.3 points per game, has 29.5 sacks, and has forced 29 turnovers -- 17 interceptions and 12 fumbles

Gameday, now I get to tell ya what I really think.

This game is going to be a tough 4 quarters for both teams. Cuero is a very worthy opponent and has some powerful weapons in its arsenal. PGs defense will have to play their best game of the year. In their two losses, the offense made some mistakes but the defense didn't have theirย back. Both sides of the ball have to play "Full Tilt" and leave everything on the field. I have no idea what the offense will do today but neither does Cuero. That's the magic of the PG offense. I do expect some big pass plays and would love to see a score on the first drive or play:) PGs defense...picks and pressure. Apply the pressure and the picks will come.ย 

Iย do see a lot of last years PG team in Cuero and that scares me. I was a firm believer in the State Champs being a team of destiny. Cuero seems to be on that same path. Cueros multitude of seniors and rejuvenatedย tradition will be the X-factor. This will be no cake walk but I believe the Hawks can pull out the win.