🏆 Cuero (14-1) vs. Pleasant Grove (13-2), Class 4A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

futfan

P G or Cuero   

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 4A Div II State Finals?

• Cuero Gobblers
    • Pleasant Grove Hawks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2018 at 05:00 PM

Excellent game to watch if you are a football fan. I thought the difference was Cueros ability to not allow PG to hit the big pass over the top as they have had such good success throughout the playoffs. Also cant overstate their ability to slow down that running game in the second half.

Game was decided on that 4th down play that Cuero stopped. PG needed not only a first down to get some momentum, but also to get their D off the field after they had been out there all second half. Touchdown followed sealed it.

Again, great season PG fans.

27 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Go get a mirror for Christmas 1utexfan......and use it!!

Didnt mean to throw stones. We got out coached and out played. PG will get their best defensive player back next year so that should help.  Not many teams at this level with 2 Defensive Ends that are 6'5" and 245 lbs that can move and put pressure on the QB. PG should be around a while as long as Gibson is their coach. Congrats to the Gobblers!

Whittington is fantastic and will be outstanding at Texas. Congrats to Cuero.

Great season Hawks!!! As Nick said, it's hard to get to the Championship game once, much less in back to back years. Y'all overcame a couple of early season losses to have the chance at back to back titles. I can easily see y'all doing it again next year. 

The best team won this one.  PG played a heck of a game but just couldn’t control that one feller.  The hawks are as tough as there is but their D just couldn’t control #3. A man among boys .  Texas will be proud of this one.  He will have an impact on Texas next year.  A man among boys 

great season PG

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nonothing said:

Great season Hawks! It's not your fault they had one of the Avengers on their team. Ya'll take another trip to the ship next year. Proud of you guys

Yes and next time  wos will be on the other end. He must have had a bad game against silsbee because silsbee defense wasn't that much better than pg

55 minutes ago, 1utexfan said:

Whittington is the real deal and I am glad he's gonna be playing for my Linghorns but I think the refs had a big influence on this game. Cuero's lineman held on almost every play. PG will be a heavy favorite to win it all next year. Great season for both teams!

And you think PG wasn't holding??? Just be a real football fan and give credit to the team that wins. As always, how you lose tells more about character than how you win. Incredible job by both team. Congrats to the Gobblers!!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

The kid from Grandview also got MVP on both sides of the ball last night! 

Ok.  My electrical power dropped late in that game and it was not to be found on my dish again when the satellite came back up???  Had to be the QB.  He was a gamer.  Guess it is like the perfect 10 in gymnastics.  Nobody ever got one till someone did.  Then they got kinda common😑.

On 12/16/2018 at 3:43 PM, futfan said:

Cuero has that outstanding individual I se in the wildcat, but PG will probably neutralize him by controlling the clock. 

No secret Hawks are masters at eating up the clock and keeping other teams off the field. Try too hard to stop the run, and Harmon gets you with one of his long TD strikes. 

Gonna be hard for one man to beat PG. Pittsburg gave it a good shot. 

Start eating that crow......🤐🤐🤐🤐

On 12/16/2018 at 10:34 AM, Nonothing said:

zzzzzzz heard it before. I've seen them play. PG can beat them easily.

Pre-district bud....hang your hat on something that happened 2 months ago...watch that film...gameplay by that....still gonna lose. 

lol you're sweet. Actually, nonothing is a play on words for knownothing...way to make a joke already made, sweetie. You're pretty.

You must like crow....😉