๐Ÿ† Cuero (14-1) vs. Pleasant Grove (13-2), Class 4A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

futfan

P G or Cuero   

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 4A Div II State Finals?

• Cuero Gobblers
    • Pleasant Grove Hawks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2018 at 05:00 PM

Man, this game was something else. PG had a LOT of mistakes, way more than they're used to I'm afraid. Cuero had an extreme weapon in their arsenal, and they used him completely. They lived and died by Whittington, and he gladly carried that team. That a phenomenal athlete he was. I'm not sure if I saw a better athlete all weekend long. Props to Coach Reeves too. He used his star athlete to the fullest and now they will all have a ring to show for it. Congrats Cuero! Don't worry PG, I look for y'all to be in the mix next season for sure.

Pleasant Grove fans should be over the moon this team made it as far as they did...this was supposed to be a "re-tooling" year and then ya'll lose a great player on the defense early in the year....IMO PG will be the favorite in 4A D2 next year

• Like 1

I was very impressed with Cuero's halftime adjustments.ย  They looked like a totally different team in the second half.ย  Jordan Whittington is a stud, and one of the most dominant players I've seen in a while at the 4A level.ย  He had a very good supporting cast, but Whittington was a difference maker.

Congratulations to the Cuero Gobblers, the 2018 4A-D2 State Champions!

On 12/22/2018 at 9:02 PM, futfan said:

That is hardly talking smack. Itโ€™s called stating my opinion.ย 

For that, I donโ€™t eat crow. I offer congratulations.ย 

ย 

Iโ€™m thinking you should get โ€œHomer of the Year awardโ€....for those comments.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On December 27, 2018 at 4:30 PM, dean1345 said:

Iโ€™m thinking you should get โ€œHomer of the Year awardโ€....for those comments.

I'd wear that badge with honor. Everyone SHOULD be a homer. I cheer for my team. Don't talk smack, just call it as I see it.ย 

take your congrats, and see you next year.

On โ€Ž12โ€Ž/โ€Ž22โ€Ž/โ€Ž2018 at 5:15 PM, SiriusDogon7 said:

This game was lost in the second quarter when the PG starting cornerback was injured and his backup got beaten two times in a row.ย  The first time was ruled, correctly, a no catch.ย  On the second catch, too much of a cushion was given to Whittington.ย  He is all Cuero had and he and the running back from Aledo are the two best players that I have seen This season.ย  Cuero had nothing else but Whittington but he is all that they needed.ย  The third quarter was a draw and the PG defensive line wore down gradually.ย  Cuero ran away from the big PG defensive end all the second half.ย  I would have been nice to have had Jackson but everybody is beaten up this time of year.ย  The difference between this years PG team and last seasons team is the depth that last seasons edition had as far as the quality and numbers on the line.ย  Last year those linemen played both sides of the ball but when you can go 10 deep at 6'3" and 285 pounds it makes a difference.ย  I personally am anxious to see how it all will work out at PG over the offseason at the Grove heading in to this coming August.

Whittington ran over a lot of Hawks, but he couldn't have done it without an outstanding offensive line. Their defense wasn't bad. I've seen better, but they weren't bad. I thought Cuero was weak at quarterback.