The Smoakhouse Forums

🏆 Cuero (14-1) vs. Pleasant Grove (13-2), Class 4A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

P G or Cuero   

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 4A Div II State Finals?

• Cuero Gobblers
    • Pleasant Grove Hawks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2018 at 05:00 PM

Great season Hawks! It's not your fault they had one of the Avengers on their team. Ya'll take another trip to the ship next year. Proud of you guys

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve been watching y’all all week trash Cuero. Y’all had no idea what y’all had coming! Go Mean Green!!!! 

Whittington is an absolute stud. Glad he is gonna be a Longhorn.

I stand by what I said.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Nonothing said:

Great season Hawks! It's not your fault they had one of the Avengers on their team. Ya'll take another trip to the ship next year. Proud of you guys

Yes and next time  wos will be on the other end. He must have had a bad game against silsbee because silsbee defense wasn't that much better than pg

Coach Gibson is a super young coach good head on his shoulders, we meet him before the wo-s game last year  he loves his school the people in the city it would be hard for him to turn down more money and a bigger school money talks 

55 minutes ago, 1utexfan said:

Whittington is the real deal and I am glad he's gonna be playing for my Linghorns but I think the refs had a big influence on this game. Cuero's lineman held on almost every play. PG will be a heavy favorite to win it all next year. Great season for both teams!

And you think PG wasn't holding??? Just be a real football fan and give credit to the team that wins. As always, how you lose tells more about character than how you win. Incredible job by both team. Congrats to the Gobblers!!

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

The kid from Grandview also got MVP on both sides of the ball last night! 

Ok.  My electrical power dropped late in that game and it was not to be found on my dish again when the satellite came back up???  Had to be the QB.  He was a gamer.  Guess it is like the perfect 10 in gymnastics.  Nobody ever got one till someone did.  Then they got kinda common😑.

3 minutes ago, Ringside said:

Ok.  My electrical power dropped late in that game and it was not to be found on my dish again when the satellite came back up???  Had to be the QB.  He was a gamer.  Guess it is like the perfect 10 in gymnastics.  Nobody ever got one till someone did.  Then they got kinda common😑.

Lol yeah, it was the QB #3. He was impressive. Carried the offense, carried the defense, and even punted the ball exceptionally well. He is only a sophomore. 🤭

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

You guys did get robbed in that game. Should have been a fumble out of the endzone and Argyles ball.

Let Regal keep whining. I guess Argyle beat LV at NRG also.....Coach Rogers lost that game too

44 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Lol yeah, it was the QB #3. He was impressive. Carried the offense, carried the defense, and even punted the ball exceptionally well. He is only a sophomore. 🤭

He is a senior and he played QB, WR, RB and safety today.

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

Shame on the majority of posters here for being so close-minded.  I'm not a Cuero booster at all, but I try to give credit where it's due.  

You are quite the genius.....

• Haha 2
On 12/16/2018 at 3:43 PM, futfan said:

Cuero has that outstanding individual I se in the wildcat, but PG will probably neutralize him by controlling the clock. 

No secret Hawks are masters at eating up the clock and keeping other teams off the field. Try too hard to stop the run, and Harmon gets you with one of his long TD strikes. 

Gonna be hard for one man to beat PG. Pittsburg gave it a good shot. 

Start eating that crow......🤐🤐🤐🤐

13 minutes ago, dean1345 said:

He is a senior and he played QB, WR, RB and safety today.

I was talking about #3 that played on Grandviews team last night who won both offensive and defensive MVP.

On 12/16/2018 at 10:34 AM, Nonothing said:

zzzzzzz heard it before. I've seen them play. PG can beat them easily.

Pre-district bud....hang your hat on something that happened 2 months ago...watch that film...gameplay by that....still gonna lose. 

lol you're sweet. Actually, nonothing is a play on words for knownothing...way to make a joke already made, sweetie. You're pretty.

You must like crow....😉

1 hour ago, Jedi94 said:

Yes and next time  wos will be on the other end. He must have had a bad game against silsbee because silsbee defense wasn't that much better than pg

lord have mercy can you find someone else not there chain gang, it will be a battle between Silsbee who will bring there big ban package  and west orange with there track team speed and there 10th grader who went over 1,500.00 yards, the tigers are large and two of the best backs in the state.

29 minutes ago, dean1345 said:

You must like crow....😉

Nah, no crow involved. Ya'll did great with that one guy. I will say ya'lls coaches were very well prepared. Never seen that before. Ya'll gotta good squad. Hope you don't lose too many.

Congratulations, Cuero!  Beside your super athlete, I was concerned about what appeared to be a strong, very senior heavy line (which I'm sure #3 would give a lot of credit to).

PG, wow...no one had you here today, let alone leading at the end of the 3rd quarter (let alone after your #1-in-the-nation-weakside-DE was lost for the season earlier).  You all really ARE amazing, and I hope you can reload for a potential special trip back to Arlington next season.

I need to apologize to Whittington. A few weeks ago, on TXDL, I unfairly compared him to Blake Lynch, who was playing basically the same roles on the 2014 Gilmer state championship team as this guy does for Cuero.

There is no comparison. Lynch, you could tell, was still human. This guy may be the result of some CRISPR gene editing. Wow! Thank God he's going to Texas next. Hook 'em, JW.

1 hour ago, Nonothing said:

Nah, no crow involved. Ya'll did great with that one guy. I will say ya'lls coaches were very well prepared. Never seen that before. Ya'll gotta good squad. Hope you don't lose too many.

I didn’t have a dog in the fight. Two teams that gave it all they had was a great game.

2 hours ago, dean1345 said:

Let Regal keep whining. I guess Argyle beat LV at NRG also.....Coach Rogers lost that game too

Unless you are from Argyle.....you have no room to speak.  As for Coach Rodgers and playing at NRG.....we've never played there before, so why denigrate Coach Rodgers for something that never occurred???  I think Coach Rodgers record speaks for itself.....don't you?

6 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Unless you are from Argyle.....you have no room to speak.  As for Coach Rodgers and playing at NRG.....we've never played there before, so why denigrate Coach Rodgers for something that never occurred???  I think Coach Rodgers record speaks for itself.....don't you?

So LaVega did not beat Argyle  33-31 at NRG 2015? You must have early stage of Alzheimer’s.....😎😎😎😎

• Haha 1