🏆 Canadian (14-1) vs. Newton (14-0), Class 3A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

BoyzNdaHood

Wildcats vs Eagles  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 3A Div II State Finals?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2018 at 09:00 PM

NorthTexasfootballmvp

Ive watched every game from both teams this year. Canadian has a very good qb that is big and can run and throw. Newton on the other hand is big, fast and talented all over the field. With Brown not playing which is one of the best Wr in the country is going to be a big hit for the Eagles. But that said I think Newton will still win this game 45-14 and the game MVP will go to the sophomore qb of Newton... I predict that they will play Foster at Wr which will create a miss match on the outside and open up the run as well. The sophomore qb throws for 300 and 4tds Thursday..

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WOW!!!!!  That is some kind of prediction.  Hope the outcome is correct.  PPND

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NorthTexasfootballmvp said:

Ive watched every game from both teams this year. Canadian has a very good qb that is big and can run and throw. Newton on the other hand is big, fast and talented all over the field. With Brown not playing which is one of the best Wr in the country is going to be a big hit for the Eagles. But that said I think Newton will still win this game 45-14 and the game MVP will go to the sophomore qb of Newton... I predict that they will play Foster at Wr which will create a miss match on the outside and open up the run as well. The sophomore qb throws for 300 and 4tds Thursday..

Very astute observation North Texas Football. I stated to my son about three weeks back that coach Neese was up to something by playing Nate at quarterback splitting Josh out wide in several games. My guess is, that coaches knew they would probably lose Brown before the season was out. I just hope we have an answer at cornerback.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

Very astute observation North Texas Football. I stated to my son about three weeks back that coach Neese was up to something by playing Nate at quarterback splitting Josh out wide in several games. My guess is, that coaches knew they would probably lose Brown before the season was out. I just hope we have an answer at cornerback.

It won't matter who's at Corner...Canadian does not have an answer for Sylvester.....I'm predicting a 5-6 sack day for him.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

It won't matter who's at Corner...Canadian does not have an answer for Sylvester.....I'm predicting a 5-6 sack day for him.

Ya know JJ, I hadn't thought of that, but I knew I could  count on you to remind me. Lol

It's not that I know a lot about X's and O's but I can spot talent. I'm with you on Sylvester, liked him the first time I saw him. After some college bulks him up, he's gonna be more of a beast. He'll be playing on Sunday's.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Newtonres7586 said:

Ya know JJ, I hadn't thought of that, but I knew I could  count on you to remind me. Lol

It's not that I know a lot about X's and O's but I can spot talent. I'm with you on Sylvester, liked him the first time I saw him. After some college bulks him up, he's gonna be more of a beast. He'll be playing on Sunday's.

Would not surprise me at all....I feel like he will do what Arp's/Baylor's Tyrone Hunt did at that size and move to DT. FYI Hunt is projected to be a 3rd round pick in this years draft. Hunt in High School was 6'5 245...He now listed at 6'5 290.

7 hours ago, RevSandman said:

NorthTexasfootballmvp

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WOW!!!!!  That is some kind of prediction.  Hope the outcome is correct.  PPND

I've stated previously that I thought the sophomore Noah Williams was a better passer than Foster. But in the last 2 games that Noah has played in, he didn't throw the ball well. He obviously is the future for Newton at quarterback, no doubt. But I'm 100% on board with your observation and prediction.  Sophomore will be under a lot of pressure.  Hope he can handle it. What I noticed about him in the last 2 games, that he played any significant time at quarterback was, that he was trying, not to throw and interception, and threw the ball just out of the receivers grasp and away from the defender.  But, I also believe that Foster can most likely be better used at receiver but of course will still get significant snaps at quarterback.  But we will see. Cant wait, I'm certain Newton will pullout the stops in this game. Canadians quarterback will probably play well, but he will be pounded at times by Newton's defense.  He will probably be trying to get rid of the ball as soon as possible, particularly during the early part of the game.  If he is successful, then the coaching staff will get some Confidence and have him throw it down field. I believe he will be in for a long night though. JMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AmphibiousRodent said:

I've stated previously that I thought the sophomore Noah Williams was a better passer than Foster. But in the last 2 games that Noah has played in, he didn't throw the ball well. He obviously is the future for Newton at quarterback, no doubt. But I'm 100% on board with your observation and prediction.  Sophomore will be under a lot of pressure.  Hope he can handle it. What I noticed about him in the last 2 games, that he played any significant time at quarterback was, that he was trying, not to throw and interception, and threw the ball just out of the receivers grasp and away from the defender.  But, I also believe that Foster can most likely be better used at receiver but of course will still get significant snaps at quarterback.  But we will see. Cant wait, I'm certain Newton will pullout the stops in this game. Canadians quarterback will probably play well, but he will be pounded at times by Newton's defense.  He will probably be trying to get rid of the ball as soon as possible, particularly during the early part of the game.  If he is successful, then the coaching staff will get some Confidence and have him throw it down field. I believe he will be in for a long night though. JMO

I’m pretty sure the sophomore quarterback is Nate Williams. Noah is his brother that graduated last year and got offensive MVP. 

4 hours ago, AmphibiousRodent said:

Noah is Nates older brother, fine ball player in his own right. Oops, didn't see the previous post

Edited by Newtonres7586
Duplicate post

11 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

Now that is funny because it's true.  By Tiger1995's history, Arp should have won 3-4 titles by now.

2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2016........I threw 2011 in because we lost our 1st team all state RB 2 weeks before the playoffs and still went 4 rounds deep with a freshman at RB. 2007 we Lost to state runner up on a hail marry, 2008 lost to the state runner up, 2009 lost to the state runner up and 2016 lost in the simi final after beating newton lol...IMO we should have had at least 1 out of all those great years.....oh and lets not forget the great Offensive team of 2001......seriously that team was amazing......oh back to Newton and Canadian......

Good luck Newton!!! 

Well, I predicted Newton would beat East Bernard 56-7, so that was obviously way off, but I'm gonna do it again anyway. 

I've seen each team play one game.  Canadian against Gunter obviously, and I streamed the Newton/Dainferfield game.  Canadian doesn't have the big play capability that Daingerfield did on the ground, but they can hurt you in the air.  I thought Daingerfield missed a lot of opportunities in the air against Newton, and Canadian probably won't miss those as regularly as Daingerfield did.  As big a stomping as that was against DF, I thought there were opportunities for DF to keep it a little tighter for longer.   Canadian's defense was a lot better than I thought it would be.  Obviously, holding Gunter to 7 is not easy to do.  Gunter couldn't get much going on the ground, but had their moments.  I think what little success Gunter had was had because they were able to put the ball in the air - and in fact out-threw their running game for the first time all year (and probably going back a few years).  I think Newton has more weapons on the ground than Gunter does, but I still wouldn't be surprised if Newton has to put the ball in the air as well.

Overall, in the playoffs both defenses have been pretty similar.  Newton holding teams that are used to scoring 38.8 ppg to just 9, and Canadian holding teams scoring about the same (38.6 ppg) to 12.  Both teams have also probably given up about the same amount of "junk" scores as well, so I don't think that sways it much one way or the other.  The difference on paper is in the offense, where Newton is scoring a whopping 59.4 ppg against defenses that normally allow 16 ppg.  Canadian is scoring 40.8 against teams that allow 17.1. 

I think Newton just has too many weapons, and I predict that they come out pumped after the close call with East Bernard.  I will be rooting for Canadian in this one.  It's hard to face a team like Canadian in three consecutive state semi-finals games and not become a fan.  I think Newton will be too much though.  35-21.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1