๐Ÿ† Canadian (14-1) vs. Newton (14-0), Class 3A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

BoyzNdaHood

Wildcats vs Eagles  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 3A Div II State Finals?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2018 at 09:00 PM

11 minutes ago, Pax said:

Well, I predicted Newton would beat East Bernard 56-7, so that was obviously way off, but I'm gonna do it again anyway.ย 

I've seen each team play one game.ย  Canadian against Gunter obviously, and I streamed the Newton/Dainferfield game.ย  Canadian doesn't have the big play capability that Daingerfield did on the ground, but they can hurt you in the air.ย  I thought Daingerfield missed a lot of opportunities in the air against Newton, and Canadian probably won't miss those as regularly as Daingerfield did.ย  As big a stomping as that was against DF, I thought there were opportunities for DF to keep it a little tighter for longer. ย  Canadian's defense was a lot better than I thought it would be.ย  Obviously, holding Gunter to 7 is not easy to do.ย  Gunter couldn't get much going on the ground, but had their moments.ย  I think what little success Gunter had was had because they were able to put the ball in the air - and in fact out-threw their running game for the first time all year (and probably going back a few years).ย  I think Newton has more weapons on the ground than Gunter does, but I still wouldn't be surprised if Newton has to put the ball in the air as well.

Overall, in the playoffs both defenses have been pretty similar.ย  Newton holding teams that are used to scoring 38.8 ppg to just 9, and Canadian holding teams scoring about the same (38.6 ppg) to 12.ย  Both teams have also probably given up about the same amount of "junk" scores as well, so I don't think that sways it much one way or the other.ย  The difference on paper is in the offense, where Newton is scoring a whopping 59.4 ppg against defenses that normally allow 16 ppg.ย  Canadian is scoring 40.8 against teams that allow 17.1.ย 

I think Newton just has too many weapons, and I predict that they come out pumped after the close call with East Bernard.ย  I will be rooting for Canadian in this one.ย  It's hard to face a team like Canadian in three consecutive state semi-finals games and not become a fan.ย  I think Newton will be too much though.ย  35-21.

Good observation, hopefully its better than last night's gameย 

2 hours ago, Pax said:

Well, I predicted Newton would beat East Bernard 56-7, so that was obviously way off, but I'm gonna do it again anyway.ย 

I've seen each team play one game.ย  Canadian against Gunter obviously, and I streamed the Newton/Dainferfield game.ย  Canadian doesn't have the big play capability that Daingerfield did on the ground, but they can hurt you in the air.ย  I thought Daingerfield missed a lot of opportunities in the air against Newton, and Canadian probably won't miss those as regularly as Daingerfield did.ย  As big a stomping as that was against DF, I thought there were opportunities for DF to keep it a little tighter for longer. ย  Canadian's defense was a lot better than I thought it would be.ย  Obviously, holding Gunter to 7 is not easy to do.ย  Gunter couldn't get much going on the ground, but had their moments.ย  I think what little success Gunter had was had because they were able to put the ball in the air - and in fact out-threw their running game for the first time all year (and probably going back a few years).ย  I think Newton has more weapons on the ground than Gunter does, but I still wouldn't be surprised if Newton has to put the ball in the air as well.

Overall, in the playoffs both defenses have been pretty similar.ย  Newton holding teams that are used to scoring 38.8 ppg to just 9, and Canadian holding teams scoring about the same (38.6 ppg) to 12.ย  Both teams have also probably given up about the same amount of "junk" scores as well, so I don't think that sways it much one way or the other.ย  The difference on paper is in the offense, where Newton is scoring a whopping 59.4 ppg against defenses that normally allow 16 ppg.ย  Canadian is scoring 40.8 against teams that allow 17.1.ย 

I think Newton just has too many weapons, and I predict that they come out pumped after the close call with East Bernard.ย  I will be rooting for Canadian in this one.ย  It's hard to face a team like Canadian in three consecutive state semi-finals games and not become a fan.ย  I think Newton will be too much though.ย  35-21.

Thanks Pax , everybody appreciateโ€™s the time and effort you put into these workupโ€™s on the games, very professional, insightful and entertaining. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• Thanks 1