🏆 Canadian (14-1) vs. Newton (14-0), Class 3A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

BoyzNdaHood

Wildcats vs Eagles  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 3A Div II State Finals?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2018 at 09:00 PM

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

I was not offering excuses on the game, merely speculating on why they weren’t as dominant.  And I said Browns physical absence only hurt some.  I think the Team emotions may have been a factor.  EB had lost to two 3A teams.  Canadian had to come from behind to beat a District opponent, Childress, by 1 point.  Childress only went 2 games deep, getting donkey stomped by Abernathy.  Neither EB or Canadian played an opponent the caliber of Silsbee, WOS, or Dangerfield.  My opinion of why may be wrong, but there was something bothering the Eagles.

I get WOS and silsbee but Daingerfield would probably be the 4th best team in R1, canadian definitely played teams as good as them. 

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

I was not offering excuses on the game, merely speculating on why they weren’t as dominant.  And I said Browns physical absence only hurt some.  I think the Team emotions may have been a factor.  EB had lost to two 3A teams.  Canadian had to come from behind to beat a District opponent, Childress, by 1 point.  Childress only went 2 games deep, getting donkey stomped by Abernathy.  Neither EB or Canadian played an opponent the caliber of Silsbee, WOS, or Dangerfield.  My opinion of why may be wrong, but there was something bothering the Eagles.

Hey now

8 hours ago, Hagar said:

Spot on... That said Canadian played good, hard nosed, well coached football against a bigger, faster, stronger team. Newton seemed like they felt the weight of the world on their shoulders in the second half but maintained focus despite distractions. I can't even fathom the thoughts and pressure. That's why you gotta love small school Texas football. Hats off to Newton and the class act folks that reside there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hagar said:

I saw a UFO flying above Newton about two weeks ago, I think it is an invasion of body snatchers. LOL 

• LOL! 1

23 hours ago, Eagles97 said:

You can also look at the dropped passes by Newton and the receiver that wasn’t forced out but was called a force out and a legal moved that got a critical first down and the (officials time out) that no one knows why that basically gave Canadian extra life on the last drive. Then you got a big margin Newton win....  Refs were obviously doing all they could to help but at the end of the day Even tho they played ugly they still got the trophy 🏆

On the force out, for those of you who have the game recorded, go back and observe the referee ( guy in the white cap) after he finishes talking to the officials in the press box. You can read his lips when he says to the back judge "they said the receiver was not forced out." Then the back judge began to plead his case, and the referee obviously changed his mind.  

I thought the referee could over rule based on observations by other officials.  To me this is what makes the ultimate call so puzzling.

God bless W.T. And all the Newton Eagles on a most exciting year of football. Don't think I'm gonna get quite caught up next year. My nerves can't take it. But it was fun. God bless to all, and have a merry Christmas one and all.

• Like 3

On 12/20/2018 at 6:30 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Will be hard, they replace alot. East Bernard would probably be the favorite over them next season. 

Canadian is a fairly young team this year and will have a lot of their boys back. I would count on them being in the thick of things again next year. Would not be surprised to see Koetting have them back in the state title game.

8 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

On the force out, for those of you who have the game recorded, go back and observe the referee ( guy in the white cap) after he finishes talking to the officials in the press box. You can read his lips when he says to the back judge "they said the receiver was not forced out." Then the back judge began to plead his case, and the referee obviously changed his mind.  

I thought the referee could over rule based on observations by other officials.  To me this is what makes the ultimate call so puzzling.

God bless W.T. And all the Newton Eagles on a most exciting year of football. Don't think I'm gonna get quite caught up next year. My nerves can't take it. But it was fun. God bless to all, and have a merry Christmas one and all.

This is one of those times where I'd bet that if you just told 30 people to guess what someone says by reading lips on their own, you'd get 30 different answers, but if you plant in their head what you think first, and then tell them to watch, 28 of those people would be like, "yeah, that's what I saw too". 

6 hours ago, Eagles95 said:

Jordan Whittington is every bit as good as advertised. He was fun to watch!

A beast,  without him the gobblers are not near as good.  He didn’t require much blocking help.  A man among boys for sure. Proud he has decided to play the next level here in Texas.  I wish more would

2 hours ago, Pax said:

This is one of those times where I'd bet that if you just told 30 people to guess what someone says by reading lips on their own, you'd get 30 different answers, but if you plant in their head what you think first, and then tell them to watch, 28 of those people would be like, "yeah, that's what I saw too". 

You have a point Pax, besides it's all anti-climatic now anyway. 

Merry Christmas, and see you next year, I'm out.

On 12/21/2018 at 2:38 PM, Pax said:

Hey now

No reflection on EB or Canadian.  Both played their hearts out.  My opinion on the psychological letdown of Newton is based on my having a doctorate degree in psychology from Vidor Jr High  :mower:  

I’ll say one thing, there were some real good matchups this year (with a few exceptions, Aledo for one) ending with the two 6A Championships.  My local West Brook team played a great game, but the Lobo QB’s great arm & receivers were just to much.  And I’d hate to have been the Back Judge in the N. Shore v Duncanville game.  Must have felt like a bug about be stomped on.  Them guys were BIG.  And my last comment, where did football season go?  Seem like we blinked our eyes and BOOM, it’s over.