🏆 La Vega (13-2) vs. Liberty Hill (13-1), Class 4A (D-I) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

fromabuick8

LV vs. LH  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 4A Div I State Finals?

• La Vega Pirates
    • Liberty Hill Panthers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2018 at 09:00 PM

It was good for LH to be pushed to the limit by Carthage and to have beaten a team with Carthage's pedigree going into next week.  That will only help them facing LV.  My head says LV will take this one because they are absolute beasts, but I'll be pulling for LH.  LH has to cut down the penalties that really cost them tonight (yeah, people always say that).  LV has a lot of swagger and with good cause, but shouldn't enter this thinking it's in the bag.  LH is very scrappy and they don't quit. 

• Like 1

I don't particularly like LV. It's not because they knocked us out last year. It's how they play. Somehow, PF's have a way of getting overlooked with them. 🤔  And I'm not one typically that questions calls.

I have no clue how it's going to turn out. But if you're there and see a lady with purple hair, it's probably me. Come say hi!

All I hope is that LV feeds the "beast" the ball more than 10 times. If they do then it will be a very interesting game indeed. I really enjoy watching that human bowling ball plow over people. Oh yeah, also limit the mistakes. This LV coach seems to try and limit mistakes by young kids who sometimes try to do to much.

One thing is at times is not having a receiver back on punt returns. They've had problems in the past with returners fumbling the ball. In that Decatur game they didn't even attempt to field a punt until the game was well in hand.  I don't think this time LV beats themselves. LH could win the thing, but it will take maximum effort and mistake free ball to come out on top. They would have to at least double their rushing total of 152 YDs from last years playoff game in order to win.

I just noticed that they have another runner named Blake Simpson who wasn't on their team last year. Anyone have any info on his HT / WT? He seemed to bulldoze those Carthage kids at times. Be interesting to see how well Jared Rodgers and the Hayes brothers stack up against this guy.

• Mr. P changed the title to 🏆 La Vega (13-2) vs. Liberty Hill (13-1), Class 4A (D-I) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

carthage came within 3 points dispite their worst performance of the year due to so many unforced errors.  if la vega is as good as advertised, i doubt the slot-t trick play on every snap formation will be as sucessful against a more talented team in an indoor facility.  

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, troop6 said:

LV 50 LH 14 that’s my prediction

Wow.  Nah, going to be real conservative I would think by the LV coach. If LH can limit the huge runs in chunks by LV and gets a hold or false start calls to stymie their drives it could be a tight game. I really would like to flip the script and have time consuming drives by LV instead of huge TD runs, keeping LH offense on the bench for a long time to keep the defense fresh for LV.  I imagine that they will probably use multiple defensive linemen in the game to keep them fresh for the entire game. I don't think either team will score more than 35 in part from their recent history. I may be wrong.

LV will have to maintain gap integrity and also force some fumbles with solid hits like they usually do. I think that #10 and #42 will be held up at times so a LB or safety will try a hammer shot down low to force turnovers. LH guys keep trying to churn for more yardage on each run. In this game they better take what they get and get down, because believe you me, these dudes at LV will hammer a dude with a shot when available. I've seen players on the opposing teams the last 3 games take awhile to get up off the ground after a vicious hit.