🏆 La Vega (13-2) vs. Liberty Hill (13-1), Class 4A (D-I) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

fromabuick8

LV vs. LH  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 4A Div I State Finals?

• La Vega Pirates
    • Liberty Hill Panthers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2018 at 09:00 PM

Now that's how you play defense.  Woohoo!  I was worried about scoring too quick and having the defense go right back on the field. But those guys are tough and showed a heckuva lot of tenacity. Impressed to say the least.

Congrats to my former school!!!

33 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

When you've got ball carriers running with their backs to the line of scrimmage hiding the ball i dont care what you call it, i call it a gimmick.

I wouldn’t call it gimmicky. It’s misdirection yes, but gimmicky is the wildcat or direct snapping to a motion guy, triple reverse passes etc. I didn’t see the Carthage game but I’m surprised LH beat them based on what I just saw. LV defense had the best defensive game plan I’ve ever seen against the slot t though.

3 hours ago, broncbuster11 said:

I wouldn’t call it gimmicky. It’s misdirection yes, but gimmicky is the wildcat or direct snapping to a motion guy, triple reverse passes etc. I didn’t see the Carthage game but I’m surprised LH beat them based on what I just saw. LV defense had the best defensive game plan I’ve ever seen against the slot t though.

Dropped three wide open, right in the hands touch downs. 

Thats how. 

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Undecided.  There are four possibilities.  Spring ball will be competitive.

There is a great dual threat kid that will make us Dawg fans go wow. 

Is what I heard. Can’t wait to see who the next QB will be. 

God Bless and Merry Christmas. 🎄🎁 

Jesus is the reason for the season. 

• Thumbs Down 1

18 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Dropped three wide open, right in the hands touch downs. 

Thats how. 

Yes but that's only half the story.  We also gave up 500 yards rushing to them.  In fact, they ate our lunch on the ground.  In all our title run years we able to stop or severely hinder the other teams run game.  Just didnt quite get it done this time.  Great season though and nothing to be ashamed of.  Alot of guys coming back next year so maybe we get another shot at one of those Ships.

44 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Yes but that's only half the story.  We also gave up 500 yards rushing to them.  In fact, they ate our lunch on the ground.  In all our title run years we able to stop or severely hinder the other teams run game.  Just didnt quite get it done this time.  Great season though and nothing to be ashamed of.  Alot of guys coming back next year so maybe we get another shot at one of those Ships.

I disagree...2016 we gave up quite a few yards to Henderson and also to Silsbee if I remember correctly.  But that year, we had a kid that could match them yard for yard no matter what.

We did not tackle well against LH, and I’m afraid we would be saying the same thing if we had played LV today.

28 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

I disagree...2016 we gave up quite a few yards to Henderson and also to Silsbee if I remember correctly.  But that year, we had a kid that could match them yard for yard no matter what.

We did not tackle well against LH, and I’m afraid we would be saying the same thing if we had played LV today.

Yeah, and almost lost to both of them too.  I do agree about LV though.  I picked them to beat LH by 2 tds but im afraid the same spread wouldve applied to us.

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

Well said.

There offense will be fairly potent again next year. I think they are losing too many key components on defense. Defense is what's made La Vega relevant the last 4 years. Very hard to replace a #15 (4 year starter), #11, #4, #35, #52 , and even #18 all at one time. You don't get that type of quality at defense in the 4A level all together at one time very often. The defensive line play was what made it easier for the 2nd level to generate all of the tackles. Against the passing teams, they had enough shutdown DBs to exert pressure on the opposing QBs and would force them to run or throw bad passes. Every good team they played that had decent passing attacks , probably had their worst games of the year for passing yardage and completions. When you play defense that well, especially against all of the spread offensive teams, then it'll keep you in games you could possibly otherwise lose.

31 minutes ago, FB59 said:

There offense will be fairly potent again next year. I think they are losing too many key components on defense. Defense is what's made La Vega relevant the last 4 years. Very hard to replace a #15 (4 year starter), #11, #4, #35, #52 , and even #18 all at one time. You don't get that type of quality at defense in the 4A level all together at one time very often. The defensive line play was what made it easier for the 2nd level to generate all of the tackles. Against the passing teams, they had enough shutdown DBs to exert pressure on the opposing QBs and would force them to run or throw bad passes. Every good team they played that had decent passing attacks , probably had their worst games of the year for passing yardage and completions. When you play defense that well, especially against all of the spread offensive teams, then it'll keep you in games you could possibly otherwise lose.

They still should be the pre-season #1 next year. They never seem to run out of athletes.

14 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

I agree with you about LH running wild on the Dawgs but you catch three touchdown passes, the Dawgs are head by 14 in the first half. Dawgs win by 10. 

There is no way LH should have beat the Dawgs. Just bad play and strong wind. 

Very excited about the 2019 Dawgs. 

Let Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

9 hours ago, DTrump said:

They never seem to run out of athletes.

Unless they get transfers from the University or Waco High area (so they can play for a winning org) into La Vega they will eventually run out of athletes.  This is a very old town with a finite area. Demographics has changed considerably in the last 30 years. Within 15 years it may be known as a soccer town, if you catch my drift, but it "will" run out of football prototypes.

1 hour ago, coachkells said:

Liberty Hill dared us to beat them with the pass by stacking 8 and 9 in the box.  So we did. STATE CHAMPS BABY.   

No one was beating LV in the state championship, that defense was bad to the bone. 

LV

Dawgs & Argyle 

LH & Paris

in my opinion these were the five best teams in that order. 

• Stinks 2