🏆 La Vega (13-2) vs. Liberty Hill (13-1), Class 4A (D-I) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

fromabuick8

LV vs. LH  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 4A Div I State Finals?

• La Vega Pirates
    • Liberty Hill Panthers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2018 at 09:00 PM

This game never really felt close. La Vega did a great job of controlling the line of scrimmage. LH just could not get the run established consistently in the first half, and once they got behind , it was  lights out.

I feel like Carthage would have matched up a lot better with LV. Not saying they would have won, but I felt like they had the speed on the outside to contain, and LH did NOT, to say the least.

Either way, congratulations La Vega! 2018 State Champs!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 12/26/2018 at 7:56 AM, H3llR4z0r said:

This game never really felt close. La Vega did a great job of controlling the line of scrimmage. LH just could not get the run established consistently in the first half, and once they got behind , it was  lights out.

I feel like Carthage would have matched up a lot better with LV. Not saying they would have won, but I felt like they had the speed on the outside to contain, and LH did NOT, to say the least.

Either way, congratulations La Vega! 2018 State Champs!

Im not sure what game you watched but LH matched LV and had them laying all over the field in the 4th Quarter. LH had the balll 31 minutes to LVs 17. La Vega Could not drive the ball at all. The KO return and 2 very long TD passes and LH fumbling on the 10 put this game out of reach. The first TD pass was as the QB was falling down and the CB for LH fell down, lights out on that play, Blown coverage on the second. La Vega would have had about 150 yards of  offense with out these two passes, they flat out could not drive the ball that whole game.  LV Defense deserves credit for slowing down the LH Offense, but still gave up 300 plus, should have been 400 plus if mahem didnt erupt in the 3rd quarter. But thats how football goes, Congratulations LV on the title. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

13 hours ago, SLAP70 said:

Im not sure what game you watched but LH matched LV and had them laying all over the field in the 4th Quarter. LH had the balll 31 minutes to LVs 17. La Vega Could not drive the ball at all. The KO return and 2 very long TD passes and LH fumbling on the 10 put this game out of reach. The first TD pass was as the QB was falling down and the CB for LH fell down, lights out on that play, Blown coverage on the second. La Vega would have had about 150 yards of  offense with out these two passes, they flat out could not drive the ball that whole game.  LV Defense deserves credit for slowing down the LH Offense, but still gave up 300 plus, should have been 400 plus if mahem didnt erupt in the 3rd quarter. But thats how football goes, Congratulations LV on the title. 

Dude, LH got manhandled by LV. The reason LH had such a big time of possession advantage was because LV’s superior athletes broke into the open and were gone for touchdowns.

Don’t be an idiot. Panthers got out athleted, out physical’d and smoked. I was at the game and saw it firsthand. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 4/18/2019 at 7:05 AM, SLAP70 said:

Lol the game was never close. LH had the ball the entire game because of their offense, not their defense. And even still, it was all they could do to even convert first downs. This game never felt close. Even in the first half, everyone was just waiting on LV to hit stride. 

On 12/23/2018 at 1:34 PM, cowboyandchrist said:

No one was beating LV in the state championship, that defense was bad to the bone. 

LV

Dawgs & Argyle 

LH & Paris

in my opinion these were the five best teams in that order. 

I respectfully disagree.  LH beat  us on the football field. We had no answer to that leather-helmet era style running attack. No way they should be ranked below us.

9 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

I respectfully disagree.  LH beat  us on the football field. We had no answer to that leather-helmet era style running attack. No way they should be ranked below us.

I would agree except for one small detail. The Dawgs dropped three touchdown passes with no defender within 5 yards of the receiver. that is 21 points no matter how you look at it.

Yes they ran all over the defense but only won by 3.

There is no way they should have beat the Dawgs but they did.

I hope we play them again, that would be another semi final game and my money would be on the Dawgs

• Stinks 1

On 7/9/2019 at 9:01 PM, cowboyandchrist said:

I would agree except for one small detail. The Dawgs dropped three touchdown passes with no defender within 5 yards of the receiver. that is 21 points no matter how you look at it.

Yes they ran all over the defense but only won by 3.

There is no way they should have beat the Dawgs but they did.

I hope we play them again, that would be another semi final game and my money would be on the Dawgs

I've done a little research and from what i'm reading on the downlow site LH lost a lot of starters (18 of 22),  so I guess it's ok to have the Dawgs ranked above them to start the season.  But we all know this stuff doesn't mean anything.  We were ranked above them all year last year and look how that turned out.

7 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

I've done a little research and from what i'm reading on the downlow site LH lost a lot of starters (18 of 22),  so I guess it's ok to have the Dawgs ranked above them to start the season.  But we all know this stuff doesn't mean anything.  We were ranked above them all year last year and look how that turned out.

With a little blocking, that soph running back they had(Junior now) will be hard to keep from getting a bunch of yards. He impressed me and I bet he has put on a few good lbs since last year. 

33 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

With a little blocking, that soph running back they had(Junior now) will be hard to keep from getting a bunch of yards. He impressed me and I bet he has put on a few good lbs since last year. 

I just hope that big dude playing rb is gone.  He was a load to bring down.