🏆 Grandview (13-2) vs. Malakoff (12-2), Class 3A (D-I) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Guest Tiger03lb

Who Wins State?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 3A Div I State Finals?

• Grandview Zebras
    • Malakoff Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2018 at 01:00 AM

11 hours ago, RAB4LIFE said:

That's the glory of High School Football. They are all kids and look different each game in most cases. Gotta love it. Never ending debate. I just look at it that the last 2 teams left are the best, regardless of districts, regions etc. It's all you can really go by. GV will most likely be right back there next year. Koff has all those skill kids coming back, but losing most the line and a hell of a LB. GW will be tough. Frank is losing alot. We are losing alot. Brock is losing alot. Gonna be wild. 

We are losing the LB you speak of he has Brother that should contribute on defense 

Number 10 can play Lb we are going to be solid 

This game kind of puzzled me. Malakoff didn't look like the same team that I saw 2 weeks before in the freezing rain. They didn't seem as fired up (nerves maybe?), and they made a ton of mistakes. Malakoff could do no wrong when we played them. 

Another thing I noticed, is that they had #11 on the sidelines almost the entire end of the game, when that was their star athlete, in my opinion. That's something Atlanta would do. I felt like, especially in the situation they were in towards the end of the game, they should have been trying to figure out more ways to get the ball in #11's hands. Also, the dropped passes and costly penalties. Just didn't look like the same disciplined Malakoff team I saw. 

Not knocking Grandview at all. They were good, and that #3 played with a lot of heart. Grandview's defensive line played a heck of a ball game as well, and I feel like that was the real difference maker.

Congratulations Grandview! I feel like both teams will be heavy favorites for next season, as I saw a lot of returning starters on both teams! 

3 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Grandview looks to be loaded for another run next year.....they'll get #6 their other RB back next season also...he missed a good portion of the year...

I can’t wait to see #6 run! You guys are in for a treat. He worked his off all summer and then got injured the Teague game. He will be ready to audition for college next year, I promise.

40 minutes ago, Terry said:

I can’t wait to see #6 run! You guys are in for a treat. He worked his off all summer and then got injured the Teague game. He will be ready to audition for college next year, I promise.

Malakoff saw him, held him to under 60 yds in 1st meeting. QB makes that team go, and they wouldn’t be the same without him, as evident of the 2-way state game MVP.

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, KellyLeak said:

Malakoff saw him, held him to under 60 yds in 1st meeting. QB makes that team go, and they wouldn’t be the same without him, as evident of the 2-way state game MVP.

+100% he's your whole team. If he ever got hurt or get knocks out of the game, it won't be the same team. 

Guest Tiger03lb
8 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

This game kind of puzzled me. Malakoff didn't look like the same team that I saw 2 weeks before in the freezing rain. They didn't seem as fired up (nerves maybe?), and they made a ton of mistakes. Malakoff could do no wrong when we played them. 

Another thing I noticed, is that they had #11 on the sidelines almost the entire end of the game, when that was their star athlete, in my opinion. That's something Atlanta would do. I felt like, especially in the situation they were in towards the end of the game, they should have been trying to figure out more ways to get the ball in #11's hands. Also, the dropped passes and costly penalties. Just didn't look like the same disciplined Malakoff team I saw. 

Not knocking Grandview at all. They were good, and that #3 played with a lot of heart. Grandview's defensive line played a heck of a ball game as well, and I feel like that was the real difference maker.

Congratulations Grandview! I feel like both teams will be heavy favorites for next season, as I saw a lot of returning starters on both teams! 

I watched the game again. I think the Brock game took a lot out of us. You could tell we weren't the same. Coach saw that and even said that a few days before the game and I think he played to it as well. Missed opportunities and turnovers killed us. Penalties were about even. You can't win against a good team like GV making those mistakes. Both teams will have to fill in key linemen and bring back key players. Should be another good year for both teams. Watch for week 4 when we play again at tiger stadium. Tough place to win against us on. 

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

+100% he's your whole team. If he ever got hurt or get knocks out of the game, it won't be the same team. 

Hahahaha!!! Here we go again. So GV QB beat y’all by himself? GV has 2 of the best RB’s in 3ad1. GV has 3 of the best receivers also. GV lines controlled teams all year! If something happened to GV QB, yes it would hurt them, but isn’t that most teams?

3 hours ago, KellyLeak said:

JV was in 4th quarter. Koff did slow 6 down, but he still had a TD or two. Doesn’t most QB’s make the team go? Most teams don’t play two QB’s like Brock. There’s always going to be depth issues.

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, Terry said:

Hahahaha!!! Here we go again. So GV QB beat y’all by himself? GV has 2 of the best RB’s in 3ad1. GV has 3 of the best receivers also. GV lines controlled teams all year! If something happened to GV QB, yes it would hurt them, but isn’t that most teams?

Yes he is the key to the whole offense. I'm not the only that thinks or has said this. Oh not to mention him being the last person to stop a runner from scoring on defense. #3 is all over the field on both sides. Take the Woodville game, woodville's d line was getting into the backfield but he kept the play going because he could scramble. There is no denying that. Both rb's are good, #6 has the edge on #7 but I wouldn't say they are the best rb's in 3a d1 and including the wr's. I know you are taking up for your team but GV plays more as a team than individual talent other than #3. I've seen a lot of games from different teams in 3a and I wouldn't go that far into saying that they are the best. Depends on the offense and depth really. We have depth at most positions and I've seen depth on other teams as well. Our backup qb is good too. But if you guys were to run alone using both rb's, I really don't see it happening being one dimensional that way. 

Guest Tiger03lb

2 hours ago, Terry said:

JV was in 4th quarter. Koff did slow 6 down, but he still had a TD or two. Doesn’t most QB’s make the team go? Most teams don’t play two QB’s like Brock. There’s always going to be depth issues.

Your starters were still in the game in the 4th go look back. Goes back to depth and what you have to work with on the offense. There's a lot more teams than what you think that play 2 qb's in a game. Having depth issues would be a good thing to have, right? 

11 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Yes he is the key to the whole offense. I'm not the only that thinks or has said this. Oh not to mention him being the last person to stop a runner from scoring on defense. #3 is all over the field on both sides. Take the Woodville game, woodville's d line was getting into the backfield but he kept the play going because he could scramble. There is no denying that. Both rb's are good, #6 has the edge on #7 but I wouldn't say they are the best rb's in 3a d1 and including the wr's. I know you are taking up for your team but GV plays more as a team than individual talent other than #3. I've seen a lot of games from different teams in 3a and I wouldn't go that far into saying that they are the best. Depends on the offense and depth really. We have depth at most positions and I've seen depth on other teams as well. Our backup qb is good too. But if you guys were to run alone using both rb's, I really don't see it happening being one dimensional that way. 

I will correct you, GV’s QB is the key, but he isn’t the whole team like you said. I will correct you again, I said two of the best RB’s, I didn’t say the best. I’m not even going to argue about our JV playing most of the fourth quarter. I just know Koff didn’t score on GV starters. Depth, yeah we don’t have it. Hope GV gets some kids wanting to be zebras soon.

11 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

I will correct you, GV’s QB is the key, but he isn’t the whole team like you said. I will correct you again, I said two of the best RB’s, I didn’t say the best. I’m not even going to argue about our JV playing most of the fourth quarter. I just know Koff didn’t score on GV starters. Depth, yeah we don’t have it. Hope GV gets some kids wanting to be zebras soon.

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, Terry said:

Guess we'll or I will argue this until he graduates and we'll know then. Still far fetched from them being some of the best rb's in 3ad1. As I said again they are good but not up there yet. 

2 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Guess we'll or I will argue this until he graduates and we'll know then. Still far fetched from them being some of the best rb's in 3ad1. As I said again they are good but not up there yet. 

Speaking of some of the best backs in 3AD1 I’m excited to watch Elijah Carter for the next 2 years!

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, GWBears01 said:

Speaking of some of the best backs in 3AD1 I’m excited to watch Elijah Carter for the next 2 years!

Yes he is special. Hope he stays health and gets better the next couple of years! 

Guest Tiger03lb
32 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

Just watched this game on Fox SW. I don't get what the big deal about the Grandview QB is for. 

Kid makes plays when there isn't a play. He can make a play that would be a lost into a 1st down or more. Our game wouldn't be the one to watch in the state game. 

I didn't see anything special. He's good. But I saw him get sacked, get stopped on runs, miss a couple passes. I mean, typical HS QB stuff. Which is my point - He didn't look special. Honestly, I thought their RB Golden made as much big plays as he did, especially when a first down was needed. Kid didn't want to go down. Jus' sayin' - Been hearin' rascals fawn over this kid for weeks, and I didn't see it. Not like the Whittington kid from Cuero.

Everybody's right - Couple of hit passes, and y'all probably at least take that game to OT. Both teams played a pretty even ame. Hit some plays, missed some, had a few penalties. I thought yall's D did pretty well, better than Grandview's.

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, 88YoePride said:

I didn't see anything special. He's good. But I saw him get sacked, get stopped on runs, miss a couple passes. I mean, typical HS QB stuff. Which is my point - He didn't look special. Honestly, I thought their RB Golden made as much big plays as he did, especially when a first down was needed. Kid didn't want to go down. Jus' sayin' - Been hearin' rascals fawn over this kid for weeks, and I didn't see it. Not like the Whittington kid from Cuero.

Everybody's right - Couple of hit passes, and y'all probably at least take that game to OT. Both teams played a pretty even ame. Hit some plays, missed some, had a few penalties. I thought yall's D did pretty well, better than Grandview's.

If you are comparing him to the Cuero kid then no he is not. Lol. But he's not bad for being a sophomore. I just think he makes the team go. Jmo. 

I think we did good on defense for the most part.

Guest Tiger03lb
3 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

And the kid from Mineola. 

Also the world will be introduced to Damian Smith. 

How did y'alls rb do when he got hurt in the MV game? Never heard anything else afterwards