🏆 Longview (15-0) vs. Beaumont-West Brook (13-2), Class 6A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos vs Beaumont West Brook Bruins  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 6A Div II State Finals?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Beaumont West Brook in a close one
    • Beaumont West Brook in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2018 at 09:00 PM

1 hour ago, Quick said:

Well, also notice when Haynes threw that pick that it seemed like that somewhat spooked his Dad and they just to seem to totally abandon anything to do with putting the ball in the air. I don't know who's fault it was on the route.

I can say that Perry sat down on that route instead of being the aggressor to come back to the ball or I could say that Haynes should have already had the ball coming to him before he even turned around to stop on that route. Regardless, they have way too much continuity and familiarity with each other for John King to essentially abandon our lethal passing attack. 

I wasn’t going to bring it up but we have run that exact play 3 times in the last 2 weeks...2 picks and one dropped interception....MIX IT UP.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

It’s been too long since your Raiders brought home a title. Too long since an East Texas squad brought home the title in the largest class in the state. 

Hope our boys do East Texas proud.

I’m just glad we won it when we got there cause our odds of ever getting back are nill.

Pulling for Longview and East Texas

The grind King has put in over 15 years and the deep runs LV has made. The community support, fans across the country all wanting to see this happen. 

How cool would it be to see HK hand his daddy that trophy 

Although hes been a big part of that , it’s been all players, trainers, coaches coming to work every day since August that has them here. 

This is Longviews time  

Put that Trophy in the front dash of the bus and bring it back to Longview where it belongs  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Quick said:

Well, also notice when Haynes threw that pick that it seemed like that somewhat spooked his Dad and they just to seem to totally abandon anything to do with putting the ball in the air. I don't know who's fault it was on the route.

I can say that Perry sat down on that route instead of being the aggressor to come back to the ball or I could say that Haynes should have already had the ball coming to him before he even turned around to stop on that route. Regardless, they have way too much continuity and familiarity with each other for John King to essentially abandon our lethal passing attack. 

That was a bad play call, imo it wasnt haynes or perry. We ran a 15 yard comeback to the far side of the field. That is a throw not many college and even some nfl qbs can make, especially w/ a d1 corner squating on the route. Would have been pitch and catch if ran to the short side.

59 minutes ago, GOLEE said:

I’m just glad we won it when we got there cause our odds of ever getting back are nill.

Pulling for Longview and East Texas

The grind King has put in over 15 years and the deep runs LV has made. The community support, fans across the country all wanting to see this happen. 

How cool would it be to see HK hand his daddy that trophy 

Although hes been a big part of that , it’s been all players, trainers, coaches coming to work every day since August that has them here. 

This is Longviews time  

Put that Trophy in the front dash of the bus and bring it back to Longview where it belongs  

That's what I'm waiting for the son and father embrace after the last knee Down for the year and title will be emotional one for sure 

I’ve been seeing on Facebook about a picture (that’s prettt degrading to the Lobo Players) coming from Beaumont... Anybody else heard this? I’ve seen numerous Lobo fans say something about it.

4 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

When I think about the old school district and "recent" success....
Lee has had their 5A title
Marshall has had their 5A title 
John Tyler has had their 5A title
Lufkin has had their 5A title
Texas High has had their (4A) title

Longview is the only one left.  They deserve it.

I remember VIVIDLY how it felt when Marshall won their state championship just like it was yesterday.  The rush.  The pride.  The joy.  The relief. Did I mention the pride???

That feeling NEVER goes away.  No matter how much hate is tossed your way (ahem).   NO ONE can take it away from you.  EVER.

I'm pulling for y'all.  Have been for a long, long time.

Now go get it.

Mavchamp, you got it all wrong as usual.  Texas Highs title was in the states second highest classification regardless of the "A"s.  Also, John Tyler has won state titles in both the highest and second highest classes.  Get it right man, I am the bible on East Texas Football...

• Stinks 2

43 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Mavchamp, you got it all wrong as usual.  Texas Highs title was in the states second highest classification regardless of the "A"s.  Also, John Tyler has won state titles in both the highest and second highest classes.  Get it right man, I am the bible on East Texas Football...

As usual......you have the reading comprehension of a retarded 3rd grader.

Never said Texas High won a 5A title. I even put 4A in parentheses.

i only pointed out that each of the old district mates have recently won titles (sans PT and Nac). 

And as far as being a Bible..... I’d compare you more to a unnecessary pamphlet. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

2 hours ago, HJR7 said:

I’ve been seeing on Facebook about a picture (that’s prettt degrading to the Lobo Players) coming from Beaumont... Anybody else heard this? I’ve seen numerous Lobo fans say something about it.

Yea it's pretty ugly pic...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HJR7 said:

I saw them mention it on the FSSW app. I don't know who actually created it but I can promise you the Lobos don't need any extra motivation this week.

Our boys want this. They want it bad. King and the coaches want it bad. This team is ready. 

West Brook could post a viral video filled with nothing but "yo mama" insults and it wouldn't make a difference. 

This team is ready. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

When I think about the old school district and "recent" success....
Lee has had their 5A title
Marshall has had their 5A title 
John Tyler has had their 5A title
Lufkin has had their 5A title
Texas High has had their (4A) title

Longview is the only one left.  They deserve it.

I remember VIVIDLY how it felt when Marshall won their state championship just like it was yesterday.  The rush.  The pride.  The joy.  The relief. Did I mention the pride???

That feeling NEVER goes away.  No matter how much hate is tossed your way (ahem).   NO ONE can take it away from you.  EVER.

I'm pulling for y'all.  Have been for a long, long time.

Now go get it.

This!

7 minutes ago, BigSashLHS09 said:

What is it in reference to?

Pretty bad stuff is all that can be said here. Hope King attack, attack, attack and attack until the end...West Brook doesn't even deserve a handshake afterwards. 

18 minutes ago, lobo9599 said:

I don’t think you want to see this. I’m all for talking noise, but this picture took it too far. 

I want to see it. I'm one of those guys who rubbernecks at car wrecks. I gotta see it!