šŸ† Longview (15-0) vs. Beaumont-West Brook (13-2), Class 6A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos vs Beaumont West Brook Bruins  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 6A Div II State Finals?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Beaumont West Brook in a close one
    • Beaumont West Brook in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2018 at 09:00 PM

4 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

My kids are Sabine Cardinals but if you ask them they are Cardinals and Lobos. My 6 year made this sign tonight. They are excited for the game Saturday. Forgive the spelling. She is only in 1st grade.Ā 

IMG_0391.jpg

That is wonderful. We got excellent schools over here.Ā  I'm just saying...... Tell Coach Comfort to come back too!

7 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

My kids are Sabine Cardinals but if you ask them they are Cardinals and Lobos. My 6 year made this sign tonight. They are excited for the game Saturday. Forgive the spelling. She is only in 1st grade.Ā 

IMG_0391.jpg

Love this!! šŸŗšŸŗ

• Like 1

This community coming together is unbelievable! Itā€™s awesome! Ā This is what itā€™s all about! Sooo proud to Live in Longview and have my kids be Lobos!!! Foster and Hudson pep! Son wants to be the next Haynes king!!!! Brings tears to my eyes to see all the signs around town! Ā 20 years ago I moved here and made Longview my home and my first Lobo game I ever watched was Desoto playing here in 1999.Running bsck for Desoto was Tatum Bell who went to the Nfl. Lobos won 52-28. I said wow!!! What great football and I was hooked! I have 11 season tickets now and Iā€™ve missed maybe a handful of games in 20 years!Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Lobos...... coaching staff, players,band, drill team, cheerleaders and Lobo nation. I couldnā€™t Ā be more proud Ā of every single part of what this family is about! The loyalty and dedication shown by the fan base is second to none. On Saturday they will hear and feel a slight rumble Ā in the distance . They will ask what is that? Someone will say.... ā€œ itā€™s the Lobo nationā€ .... and lots of them!!! Ā 

Go Lobos!!!!!

Ā 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, racts239 said:

Im not the one AKA. You misinterpret my post. My post are a motivator to the Lobos kids to win. Actually every championĀ reflects on theĀ  championship droughts. Its becomes a motivation to win not a condemnation to lose AKA.Ā  I have been one of the top lobos supporters for years.Ā  Graduated outstanding students from Longview High school,Ā Ā so drop it okay.Ā  Racts2:38 (R stands for read, A for acts 2:38...read Acts 2:38.Ā 

Powerful verse.Ā 

On 12/16/2018 at 10:43 AM, LoboFan07 said:

Post game audio with coach John King following yesterday's 45-42 victory over Amarillo Tascosa -

https://www.lobohistory.com/gamelogs/audio/amarillotascosa12152018postgame.mp3

Finally was able to finish this week's audio highlights from the Tascosa game. Largest audio highlight yet.

https://www.lobohistory.com/gamelogs/audio/amarillotascosa12152018.mp3

All of us Lobo Alumni have been waiting on this special day tomorrow, go out and take care of business, this is our time. No more to be said! # OnlyTheStrongWillSurvive,#ThumbsUp,#LoboNation. Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Beat Westbrook! WinState! Ā Letā€™s Go L O B O S!

Longview QB Haynes King wins Texas AP player of year honor

• Ā 
    • Ā 
Ā 
Haynes King

Longviewā€™s Haynes King looks for a receiver during Fridayā€™s November 9, 2018 game against Mesquite.

Les Hassell/News-Journal Photo
Ā 
Ā 

DALLAS (AP) ā€” Longview quarterback Haynes King has been voted the Texas Associated Press Sports Editors high school player of the year.

King is the seventh straight quarterback and 10th overall in 12 seasons to win the award. He was named Friday in voting by a panel of eight sports writers and editors who cover Texas high school football.

Ā 

The player of the year ballot included the 10 offensive and defensive players of the year from all five classifications of the Texas APSE's all-state teams. The honors are based on regular-season statistics.

King, a junior who was recently offered a scholarship by Kansas under new coach Les Miles, finished the regular season with 28 touchdowns and one interception. He completed 123 of 177 passes for 2,414 yards. Longview is playing Beaumont West Brook for the Class 6A Division II championship Saturday.

Ā 

Including five playoff games, King has 3,252 yards passing with 39 touchdowns and four interceptions. He has rushed for 503 yards and seven more TDs for the Loboes (15-0). King has thrown for more than 6,000 yards in 26 games for his career.

There are two Heisman Trophy winners among the Texas APSE players of the year. Johnny Manziel won the Texas award in 2010 at Kerrville Tivy before becoming the first freshman to win the Heisman with Texas A&M in 2012. Kyler Murray, the 2014 Texas winner with Allen, won the Heisman at Oklahoma this season.

• Like 2