🏆 Longview (15-0) vs. Beaumont-West Brook (13-2), Class 6A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos vs Beaumont West Brook Bruins  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 6A Div II State Finals?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Beaumont West Brook in a close one
    • Beaumont West Brook in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2018 at 09:00 PM

3 hours ago, Quick said:

Amen! At least he took accountability for it, so I don't have to waste my time going in on him (that hard anyway) since he acknowledged it. That SAME EXACT playcalling he done last night is what cost us at least a shot at the state championship in 2010 against Denton Guyer. You would think that game alone would have resonated with him enough that he wouldn't put his student athletes in that position ever again. This would have definitely superseded his squandered opportunity in 2010 by EPIC proportions.

It's that type of playcalling for damn near 20 years going on now that had me stopped believing in him several years ago because he REFUSES to get out of his own way and use common sense sometimes. There is NO WAY in hell that Tascosa should have been ALLOWED the opportunity to cut on their proverbial momentum switch. Thank God for the offense we have this year to somewhat offset his countless blunders. He's a damn good coach and an even better person but MAN............. he could be SO much better than he is if he'd cut out the foolery.

Go with what's gotten you here and live with the results, win or lose. I am more than elated to be in the title game but, acting Scott Linehan-ish especially in that second half is unacceptable. This is NOT bashing and that's my personal OPINION for those of you already looking for a hammer, nails and the cross. I sure hope he proves me dead wrong next week, though. Tired of showing up to the dance and forgetting to bring our shoes. 

I too suffered with memories of the DG game that 2nd half.  We can play smarter. Coming back after the half and not scoring...  we have to change things this week

1 hour ago, TheFootballFan said:

I guess you could critsuze the play in second half but oh well! They are 15-0 and on the cusp of winning it all. It’s a long and grueling season. Let’s just bring the whole damn town to this game and push this team past all the ghosts of the past! I was proud to look at the size of the crowd and I said to myself “ darn right this is Longview”..... awesome crowd!!!! I know I can be critical and it’s more just stress and wanting them to win soo badly and I apologize for that ok.  it’s about the community also and I’m proud to say I live in a Longview! Now let’s bring this S..t home!!!

Go Lobis!!!!

Awesome. I feel ya! And, we have an obvious troll in here taking a dookie on everyone's post. Wish it would show who it is when they do it. But, oh well. 

6 minutes ago, DTrump said:

The thing about it is if your a football junkie (like me) you can see three games that day. Well worth the money.

Oh I'm going regardless, lol. Just trying to find out if I should go ahead and order tickets, or wait until tomorrow.

24 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Does anyone know if tickets will be $12 in advance? 

Pretty sure it'll be $15 for seat geek plus processing fees.

They're selling tickets at the athletic office starting Tuesday for $14 (adults), $10 (students).

5 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Pretty sure it'll be $15 for seat geek plus processing fees.

They're selling tickets at the athletic office starting Tuesday for $14 (adults), $10 (students).

Will they definitely be selling at the athletic office? They didn't last week. 

4 minutes ago, DTrump said:

Man.....North Shore blew BW OUT!

Only way the Lobos lose this is if they beat themselves.

Go Lobos!

North Shore has been blowing everyone out. The only team that has kept it competitive with NS this season is Katy.

Make no mistake, WB is good. 

WB is well balanced. Their QB is dual threat. He's thrown for over 2100 and ran for another 700+.

Their RB is small, 5'5, but quick, 4.5 40. He's accounted for nearly 2K yards on the ground. 

They avg over 450 yards per game; over 250 rushing, and over 200 passing. 

They avg 45ppg, scoring

30+ 12 times

40+ 11 times

50+ 7 times 

9 minutes ago, lobo79 said:

15 on seat geek now. If you haven’t used SeatGeek before there is a 20 off code

I will probably buy student tickets at the athletic department and then get my wife and my ticket on seatgeek using the promo code. Im all about saving money any way possible. lol.

Anyone who knows anything about Westbrook know they have a good offense. There defense has been the issue with them. They played well against Westlake and one has to ask was it because the defense step up or is it because the Chaps were so decimated  by injury. Either way they put up 35 points on a very good Westlake defense. This game will come down to which defense gets a few key stops in the fourth quarter and who wins the turnover battle. I suspect this game is going to be decided by less than a touchdown. Get your popcorn ready.

All I got to say about coach Kings play calling is this (There are times I wish he would coach like the late great John Outlaw. Outlaw would put his foot on your neck and beat you 100 to 0 if he had too!) Lufkin was like a throttle under him when he hit the gas they would respond... He hardly ever played "conservative football in the playoffs" he played to annihilate you and MAKE you a victim!!! You could see that Outlaw attitude flowed through his players and at the time I confused cockiness with confidence... If King ever get a State Championship hopefully he change forever and understand the coaching style that got him there. Hit the throttle King the Lobos will respond like a Lambo!!! When you go conservative in the playoffs you allow the air to leave the tires. Do the math!!! RIP Outlaw I've ALWAYS admired his coaching STYLE and attitude of play... Lobo fo" LIFE BABY

• Mr. P changed the title to 🏆 Longview (15-0) vs. Beaumont-West Brook (13-2), Class 6A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP