šŸ† Longview (15-0) vs. Beaumont-West Brook (13-2), Class 6A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos vs Beaumont West Brook Bruins  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 6A Div II State Finals?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Beaumont West Brook in a close one
    • Beaumont West Brook in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2018 at 09:00 PM

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

@jbabi86, how different is WB compared to last season?

Not that much different. Of course, another year of experienceĀ under their belts. They brought back about 8 offensive starters which include the QB and a couple of WR's. The big difference this year is McGrue at RB. He has been their workhorse and has the speed to take it to the house.Ā 

Defensively, they may be marginally better as they returned aboutĀ 5 on that side of the ball.Ā 

They are a big play team and are pretty fast. The big play led them to defeating Westlake last week. A fumble recovery for a touchdown, a big run and a big pass play. They will pull out the trick play.....

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, jbabi86 said:

Ā The big difference this year is McGrue at RB. He has been their workhorse and has the speed to take it to the house.Ā 

This is really the only difference for me as well.

This McGrue cat could take it the distance any given play, one of those under recruited guys due to size but the talent is clearly there.

• Thanks 1

Three keys to the game for Longview:
1. Jessie Anderson
2. Jessie Anderson
3. Jessie Anderson

Lol, I'm joking, but only kinda...Ā  seriously though: make West Brook stop Jessie.Ā Establishing his power forces the DBs to always have eyes on him.

There are a number of ways to mix-up the looks. No need to be boring or predictable:Ā 
Ā  ā€¢Ā  triple-option with Jessie at fullback... also no reason not to use Haynes as a running threat...Ā 
Ā  ā€¢Ā  Jessie at one back (with Keilyn coming across in Jet motion), fake to one and give to the other...
Ā  ā€¢Ā  Kaden+Jessie as setbacks with Haynes in the Shotgun, fake to Kaden inside and then hit Jessie on a swing pass.Ā 

West Brook is well aware of Haynes and Kamden and our deep threat capability, so use this against them...Ā  send Perry and Kearbey on deep post routes, but slip the tight end behind the 'backers and have Keilyn flare out as a safety valve. Keep them guessing.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We come to play like the first two quartersĀ  in semis,hopefully King learned dont lay off the gas and try to play conservative it's freaking stateĀ  run up the score if have to make them stop you! Don't play into their hands with conservative play calling..Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

We come to play like the first two quartersĀ  in semis,hopefully King learned dont lay off the gas and try to play conservative it's freaking stateĀ  run up the score if have to make them stop you! Don't play into their hands with conservative play calling..Ā 

By the sounds of his very upset post game with Brent and Johnny, he will not be doing that again.Ā 

• Like 2

This is his chance to make his legacy. He's had two chances before, and yes we were going up against one of the greatest dynasties this state has ever seen, but he wasn't able to get it done coaching wise.

This year, he has the team. He has an opponent we beat a year before, with a lesser offense.Ā 

This is his chance. Time to make history and become 16-0.

• Like 7

I want that same Lobo defense that showed up against Spring Westfield and the first half of Tascosa. I want that same offense that lit up Vandegrift to show up all game long this Saturday. Man, if we win this game Saturday, I am probably going to need bond money for my behavior.

I have so much pent up frustration inside of me right nowĀ ready to be releasedĀ  that I can scream to the top of my lungs. There is definitely going to be a lot of crying going on with tears of joy from a lot of alumni and yes, I will be one of them crying, laughing and handcuffed with my hands behind my back.Ā 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 3

6 minutes ago, Quick said:

I want that same Lobo defense that showed up against Spring Westfield and the first half of Tascosa. I want that same offense that lit up Vandegrift to show up all game long this Saturday. Man, if we win this game Saturday, I am probably going to need bond money for my behavior.

I have so much pent up frustration inside of me right nowĀ ready to be releasedĀ  that I can scream to the top of my lungs. There is definitely going to be a lot of crying going on with tears of joy from a lot of alumni and yes, I will be one of them crying, laughing and handcuffed with my hands behind my back.Ā 

You do you Quick, I'll start a GoFundMe for your legal defense fund.Ā  :DĀ 

• LOL! 5

1 hour ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

By the sounds of his very upset post game with Brent and Johnny, he will not be doing that again.Ā 

Well, here is my take on it for what it's worth. When you have a 4 or more touchdown lead, don't allow them to gradually chip your lead away to 3 damn points and THEN act with a sense of urgency. That is just allĀ the way a * * backwards thinking.

You HAVE to have that "dog" in you at this point in your coaching career and be straight up ruthless in your approach and your attack. That is the same way John Outlaw was from Lufkin in the early to mid 2000's. You HAVE to have a straight up assasin's mindset and it must permeate all through your student athletes.Ā Ā 

• Like 1

Eh.

I don't think he just acted with a sense of urgency when they started to chip away.

We had a three and out, all on run plays. Then Haynes threw a horrible interception. Then they grabbed the onside kick. And a lot of them moving the ball to get back into the game was because of penalties helping them IMO. They were gifted what 30 or 40 yards in penalties on the drive before their last touchdown. Then of course the hook and ladder play was executed perfectly.Ā 

Haynes needs a couple of throws early Saturday to get him back into a groove. We can't rely on Keilyn and Jessie exclusively like we did on Saturday IMO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

Eh.

I don't think he just acted with a sense of urgency when they started to chip away.

We had a three and out. Then Haynes threw a horrible interception. Then they grabbed the onside kick.Ā 

Haynes needs a couple of throws early Saturday to get him back into a groove. We can't rely on Keilyn and Jessie exclusively like we did on Saturday IMO.

Well, also notice when Haynes threw that pick that it seemed like that somewhat spooked his Dad and they just to seem to totally abandon anything to do with putting the ball in the air. I don't know who's fault it was on the route.

I can say that Perry sat down on that route instead of being the aggressor to come back to the ball or I could say that Haynes should have already had the ball coming to him before he even turned around to stopĀ on that route. Regardless, they have way too much continuity and familiarity with each other for John King to essentially abandon our lethal passing attack.Ā 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

Good Luck to the Lobo's on bringing a Title back East!

We will try to get the road warm East on Thursday Night

Thank you!! If we can get Pleasant Grove on the winning side for Friday, we can would have the possibility for East Texas to win each day!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Quick said:

Well, also notice when Haynes threw that pick that it seemed like that somewhat spooked his Dad and they just to seem to totally abandon anything to do with putting the ball in the air. I don't know who's fault it was on the route.

I can say that Perry sat down on that route instead of being the aggressor to come back to the ball or I could say that Haynes should have already had the ball coming to him before he even turned around to stopĀ on that route. Regardless, they have way too much continuity and familiarity with each other for John King to essentially abandon our lethal passing attack.Ā 

Haynes was rushed in his throw, so Perry didn't have time to get there. IMO. I think Haynes and Coach were both spooked. Haynes could have lobbied for a pass play if he was feeling it. There needs to be no more fear and NO MORE MERCY!!! Everything on the line, here. At the end of this game there does not need to be one thing left. Everything needs to be laying on that Star when the clock hits 00.00!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GOLEE said:

Congrats Lobos.Ā 

Go play your best game now , lay it all on the line for the seniors and community. You got this.Ā 

Bos 35-31

Itā€™s been too long since your Raiders brought home a title. Too long since an East Texas squad brought home the title in the largest class in the state.Ā 

Hope our boys do East Texas proud.

• Like 1

When I think about the old school district and "recent" success....
Lee has had their 5A title
Marshall has had their 5A titleĀ 
John Tyler has had their 5A title
Lufkin has had their 5A title
Texas High has had their (4A) title

Longview is the only one left.Ā  They deserve it.

I remember VIVIDLY how it feltĀ when Marshall won their state championship just like it was yesterday.Ā  The rush.Ā  The pride.Ā  The joy.Ā  The relief. Did I mention the pride???

That feeling NEVER goes away.Ā  No matter how much hate is tossed your way (ahem).Ā  Ā NO ONE can take it away from you.Ā  EVER.

I'm pulling for y'all.Ā  Have been for a long, long time.

Now go get it.

Ā 

• Like 5