🏆New Deal (15-0) vs Mason (15-0), Class 2A (D-I) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Crawford

ND vs Mason  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 2A Div I State Finals?

• Mason Punchers
    • New Deal Lions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2018 at 05:00 PM

Guest Tiger03lb
30 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Never seen ND play this season. Anyone got any info?

Could be a good game. Thoughts?

Need info on both teams lol

New Deal will probably be written off on here. But dont let their location fool you. They are an outstanding ball club and are for real. Their qb is a stud. 6 foot 190 athletic build. They dismantled a very good san saba team who I thought would have a good chance at state. His whole san saba game is pretty much on hudl. That said I expect this to be a very close game with new deal coming out on top 34-31.

New deal - http://www.hudl.com/v/2B0BFV

1 hour ago, wtxfootball said:

Wouldnt surprise me though if Mason got blown out like they did against Canadian in 2014. Everyone was saying mason easy in that game as well lol. Only beating refugio by 14 is pretty telling to me. Refugio is good not great, hopefully that was a bad game for them. 

The Mason QB was ejected for targeting (in a poor call) midway through the second quarter of the Refugio game with Mason up 21-7. Before that, Mason seemed on track to win by more than two touchdowns. After the ejection and with a backup who hadn't played a lot, Mason slowed the game way, way down and killed the clock. So, you can't draw a lot from winning that game by only 14; under those circumstances, a two touchdown win was impressive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wtxfootball said:

Wouldnt surprise me though if Mason got blown out like they did against Canadian in 2014. Everyone was saying mason easy in that game as well lol. Only beating refugio by 14 is pretty telling to me. Refugio is good not great, hopefully that was a bad game for them. 

Refugio was a totally different animal after switching back to the spread

14 hours ago, mtx said:

The Mason QB was ejected for targeting (in a poor call) midway through the second quarter of the Refugio game with Mason up 21-7. Before that, Mason seemed on track to win by more than two touchdowns. After the ejection and with a backup who hadn't played a lot, Mason slowed the game way, way down and killed the clock. So, you can't draw a lot from winning that game by only 14; under those circumstances, a two touchdown win was impressive.

Got it, makes more sense now. Thanks. Again I expect an amazing game.

21 hours ago, mtx said:

Yep, what you said...  Mason switched into total Team mode after their QB got ejected.  They looked good up to that point and likely would have one easily with Otto at QB, but it was literally like they flipped the Team switch and everyone was on full beast mode for the remainder of that game.  

Also, Refugio was better than I think many realize.  They improved vastly from the first 3-4 games of the season to the game against Mason.  Also, Refugio had a hurt QB and WR in the Mason game, but don't take anything away from Mason on that.  Mason was going to win that game period.  

23 hours ago, wtxfootball said:

Not sure New Deal should be mentioned in the same breath as Canadian.  If they are on that level, better not miss this game because it will be an all time great one.  Mason is bringing it on their side for sure.

• Crawford changed the title to 🏆New Deal (15-0) vs Mason (15-0), Class 2A (D-I) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP