The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sandman

A Top 25 (Sort of)

THIS IS NOT A PRE-SEASON POLL!!!

This is a list that was mathematically created with data from the last three seasons.  It is not a prediction for the future, because you have teams come out of nowhere every year, with coaches and players leaving.  It is a look in the rear-view mirror, not through the windshield so to speak.  I started doing this a few years ago when I was coaching at Athens so I had an idea on who I needed to keep an eye on come playoff time.  I'm basically putting this up on smoaky because the soccer forum has become a little dormant the last few years.  Hopefully this can get a debate started.

For those wanting to know the data used, it is 1) district finish 2) how far in the playoffs they went 3) how far in the playoffs the team that beat them went (if you got beat by the state champ in the second round you get points for that) 4) playoff game goal differential.  The points diminish every year (100% of last year, 75% of two years ago, 50% of three years ago). 

I only did 4A because that is the division I coached in.

Boys 4A

1. Palestine

2. San Elizario

3. Progreso

4. Kilgore

5. Center

6. Bridgeport

7. Chapel Hill

8. Life Oak Cliff

9. Liberty Hill

10. Madisonville

11. Ferris

12. Lumberton

13. Stafford

14. Houston Furr

15. Hidalgo

16. Argyle

17. Salado

18. FW Diamond Hill-Jarvis

19. Houston Wheatley

20. Stephenville

21. Rio Grande City Grulla

22. Boerne

23. La Vernia

24. Henderson

25. Midlothian Heritage

Girls 4A

1. Jasper

2. Kennedale

3. Boerne

4. Stephenville

5. Kilgore

6. Liberty Hill

7. Midlothian Heritage

8. Bellville

9. Lumberton

10. Mabank

11. Lorena

12. Brazosport

13. Melissa

14. Hardin-Jefferson

15. Salado

16. Pleasanton

17. Wimberley

18. Palestine

19. Athens

20. Pleasant Grove

21. West Columbia

22. Giddings

23. Brownwood

24. Kingsville King

25. Little Cypress-Mauriceville

Bold- Smoaky coverage area teams

On 12/18/2018 at 10:52 AM, Sandman said:

THIS IS NOT A PRE-SEASON POLL!!!

This is a list that was mathematically created with data from the last three seasons.  It is not a prediction for the future, because you have teams come out of nowhere every year, with coaches and players leaving.  It is a look in the rear-view mirror, not through the windshield so to speak.  I started doing this a few years ago when I was coaching at Athens so I had an idea on who I needed to keep an eye on come playoff time.  I'm basically putting this up on smoaky because the soccer forum has become a little dormant the last few years.  Hopefully this can get a debate started.

For those wanting to know the data used, it is 1) district finish 2) how far in the playoffs they went 3) how far in the playoffs the team that beat them went (if you got beat by the state champ in the second round you get points for that) 4) playoff game goal differential.  The points diminish every year (100% of last year, 75% of two years ago, 50% of three years ago). 

I only did 4A because that is the division I coached in.

Girls 4A

1. Jasper

2. Kennedale

3. Boerne

4. Stephenville

5. Kilgore

6. Liberty Hill

7. Midlothian Heritage

8. Bellville

9. Lumberton

10. Mabank

11. Lorena

12. Brazosport

13. Melissa

14. Hardin-Jefferson

15. Salado

16. Pleasanton

17. Wimberley

18. Palestine

19. Athens

20. Pleasant Grove

21. West Columbia

22. Giddings

23. Brownwood

24. Kingsville King

25. Little Cypress-Mauriceville

Bold- Smoaky coverage area teams

Just curious on how Brownwood made this poll but not Stephenville.  Or the entire 3 team district for that matter.  Mineral Wells will go 3 deep and face Stephenville for essentially a run at State.  Brownwood is in that same boat where they will meet the winner of these 2 in the 4th round...  That's assuming Stephenville wins district.  I know that I am a little biased towards Mineral Wells, but we were a top 20 team last year, and return everyone minus 2 starters, including our possible all-state Goalie

On 12/25/2018 at 7:54 PM, MavGrad99 said:

Just curious on how Brownwood made this poll but not Stephenville.  Or the entire 3 team district for that matter.  Mineral Wells will go 3 deep and face Stephenville for essentially a run at State.  Brownwood is in that same boat where they will meet the winner of these 2 in the 4th round...  That's assuming Stephenville wins district.  I know that I am a little biased towards Mineral Wells, but we were a top 20 team last year, and return everyone minus 2 starters, including our possible all-state Goalie

If you are talking girls, Stephenville is #4.

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

If you are talking girls, Stephenville is #4.

I was talking Mineral Wells girls.  They beat Argyle and Kennedale in the Kennedale tournament this week.  2-0 to start the season.

Mineral Wells girls 7-0 now with wins over Saledo, Argyle, and Kennedale faces Midlothian Heritage today.  

Mineral Wells Lady Rams tie 0-0 with Midlothian Heritage.  Lady Rams are now 7-0-1 on the season.