John Tyler Football 2019

cujoforlife

On 12/19/2018 at 1:21 PM, cujoforlife said:

Who’s coming back and who is in line to be the next QB? Will JT go back up to 6a in 2020?

It's about a 50/50 proposition on JT moving back to 6A. JT returns something like 8 starters from this year's team for 2019. JT will be just fine next year IMO. We'll be picked ni worst than 2nd place in the preseason. BTW, Junior to be Cameron Ford will be JT'S qb next year. 

1 hour ago, johntylerfan said:

It's about a 50/50 proposition on JT moving back to 6A. JT returns something like 8 starters from this year's team for 2019. JT will be just fine next year IMO. We'll be picked ni worst than 2nd place in the preseason. BTW, Junior to be Cameron Ford will be JT'S qb next year. 

I expect John Tyler to be a top 2 team in this region again if the qb play is strong. Also expect a top ten ranking also. Maybe a highland park rematch again. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Agree

From wat I saw Saturday HP was no way in hell better than LP. And it's a fireable offense for JT to lose that type of lead against that team. They will be kicking themselves in the #### for long time over that

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

From wat I saw Saturday HP was no way in hell better than LP. And it's a fireable offense for JT to lose that type of lead against that team. They will be kicking themselves in the #### for long time over that

it still stings...but it wasn't all coaching. It was a combo of alot of things.  Bad ref calls, and Int by the QB when JT was up 14, and they let off the gas on def some.  I think JT will make playoffs next yr, but I don't know if they will be able to compete with HP.  They lose too many players this season.

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

it still stings...but it wasn't all coaching. It was a combo of alot of things.  Bad ref calls, and Int by the QB when JT was up 14, and they let off the gas on def some.  I think JT will make playoffs next yr, but I don't know if they will be able to compete with HP.  They lose too many players this season.

I think JT wins district again and Poteet will take out HP this upcoming season I believe it. HP is losing most of the players that were apart of those three chips expect expect for mainly Morris and #16. Honestly I thought It would’ve happen this year had poteet played HP in the first round. Poteet will be to physical for HP imo at least offensively not defensively lol. Which could set up a JT Poteet Region championship? 

29 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I think JT wins district again and Poteet will take out HP this upcoming season I believe it. HP is losing most of the players that were apart of those three chips expect expect for mainly Morris and #16. Honestly I thought It would’ve happen this year had poteet played HP in the first round. Poteet will be to physical for HP imo at least offensively not defensively lol. Which could set up a JT Poteet Region championship? 

I actually can see this scenario happening. 

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

JT might surprise AGAIN! You never know. 

52 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Poteet couldn’t beat CS. I know it’s about matchups, but i don’t see it. Lufkin should be better offensively next season, but defensively without the line and a few talented linebackers.....who knows. JT will probably be better. Not sure what Lone Star and others bring back, but hp should be the favs again. 

3 hours ago, gtee2 said:

We had a lot of talent, mostly on defense. Just didn’t come together like expected. We showed what we could do against CS and played a good game in Longview, but that was about it. And offensively never fixed certain issues. Team never played up to their potential really. And that’s on them. Hp deserved the title.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

John Tyler 2020 RB Kitan Crawford, is starting to garner to big schools for offers with a SEC and Big 12 Offer coming in, I see more of he same coming soon. When was the last time JT had a RB get recruited highly? Maybe Kendall Hunter? 

is he being recruited as a RB or ATH...because he played more at DB than RB last yr.   And I think Hunter is last RB to be recruited by Div.1 schools.