John Tyler Football 2019

cujoforlife

6 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I believe Arkansas offered him as an ATH. 

I thought so. Regardless. He is a very good athlete.   

Next yr class isn't stacked with alot of Div.1 players.  He will probably be the best player on the team next yr on both sides of the ball.

38 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

The big question for me, is the coaching staff going to stay intact?

So far they will be. I'm thinking Coach Holmes is going to be around for a few more years(yes I know what Holmes said last summer of 18). JT has  some good kids coming up from the lower grades AND middle schools.

4 minutes ago, johntylerfan said:

So far they will be. I'm thinking Coach Holmes is going to be around for a few more years(yes I know what Holmes said last summer of 18). JT has  some good kids coming up from the lower grades AND middle schools.

I was thinking more along the lines of Coordinators and position coaches.

4 minutes ago, johntylerfan said:

I'm thinking Coach Holmes is going to be around for a few more years(yes I know what Holmes said last summer of 18).

What's changed if that were to happen if you don't mind me asking? 

I believe he was only waiting for his daughter to graduate if I remember correctly.

47 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

They've been together for awhile. They're mostly JT alumni AND like being at JT. With that being SAID,  if the right opportunity comes along, they could jump at it. 

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

I believe he was only waiting for his daughter to graduate if I remember correctly.

Side note do you see a repeat for Longview? I know you are losing some pieces but what do you give Longview? Also I think I see a JT vs highland park region championship rematch again.

16 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Side note do you see a repeat for Longview? I know you are losing some pieces but what do you give Longview? Also I think I see a JT vs highland park region championship rematch again.

Who knows tbh. This team was beyond special, and I do think this will be the strongest of the 3 years we get to watch King at QB. But things could fall right for us again in 2019, I wouldn't shocked.

I do think we'll be there in at least the Quarters again. I think it's definitely always to predict a state championship, especially in the top 2 classes for East Texas. But we should be incredibly strong again.

14 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

the OC and another assistant coach left when Coach Rush left, but they came back.  I guess they could leave but I don't see it.  The Def coord is near the end. He has been coaching for a very long time in the Tyler area. If he leaves it will be because he retire or Holmes lets him go.  Probably won't be major changes, but anything is possible.

14 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

who knows, sometimes people say things when they are upset and having a bad season.  When you win again, things change. With that said, they have to replace alot next yr especially on Offense. may not be as good of a season as this yr.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2019 at 7:14 PM, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Doesn’t mean he is the right fit. JT needs new life defensively. We won’t win state until the defense is fixed. 

The same man that changed a whole defense. That shut down three teams in the playoffs and almost four. With the same defense that you say doesn’t work.

7 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

That’s exactly what I’m saying. We are just as bad as the cowboys lol. 

So you want the defense like Ryan or lone Star or Shadow Creek. Ryan didn’t slow HO down at all. Lone Star a defense that JT ran and pass all over. I could go on and on.