John Tyler Football 2019

cujoforlife

7 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

The same man that changed a whole defense. That shut down three teams in the playoffs and almost four. With the same defense that you say doesn’t work.

I have to be honest...the def did play pretty well during most of the playoffs...except for Highland Park.  But I think many have been calling for a new Def Coordinator for yrs.

10 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

So you want the defense like Ryan or lone Star or Shadow Creek. Ryan didn’t slow HO down at all. Lone Star a defense that JT ran and pass all over. I could go on and on.

Jts defense didn’t do well against highland park, and finally came to light in second half. The offense kept the team going against highland park. I’m not the only that feel this way about the defense calling. 

3 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I have to be honest...the def did play pretty well during most of the playoffs...except for Highland Park.  But I think many have been calling for a new Def Coordinator for yrs.

Exactly. JT needs new life on defense. It’s the same ole same ole. Never can beat the elite teams to get over the jump because horrible defenseive calling.

3 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Jts defense didn’t do well against highland park, and finally came to light in second half. The offense kept the team going against highland park. I’m not the only that feel this way about the defense calling. 

Dude please in the first half HP had only 7 first down. The defense was the keeping JT in the game. The defense was only two play big plays away from putting the out of reach for HP. If JT got that Int that was dropped. Right after JT scored that game would have been 42-14. So the coach was doing his job.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Besides what happened last n the fourth quarter where did they not play well?

27 minutes ago, johntylerfan said:

Man PLEASE! JT'S defense shut down Lancaster and a Frisco Lonestar team that SMASHED Lufkin's OVER HYPED team!

They played well against Lone Star.

What happened vs Cedar Hill, Longview, Poteet and HP?

I don't really consider Lancaster to be all that great...everyone expected JT to beat them and HP had already blown them out.

50 minutes ago, ANTI said:

They played well against Lone Star.

What happened vs Cedar Hill, Longview, Poteet and HP?

I don't really consider Lancaster to be all that great...everyone expected JT to beat them and HP had already blown them out.

Like I SAID, JT played SOLID defense in the playoffs. Believe what you want 

• Stinks 1

3 hours ago, johntylerfan said:

You have to think about it though. JT defense has been downfall in all there losses or close wins in the playoffs or regular season . The offense has saved the day in most of the wins. JT would have at least 2-3 championships if the defense wasn’t so bad in the playoffs these past few years

6 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

Besides what happened last n the fourth quarter where did they not play well?

The passes HP dropped in the first half was the ones they caught in the second half, so just imagine if they would’ve caught them in first half... it wouldn’t had been a game.

3 hours ago, johntylerfan said:

'Solid' defenses don't give up 28 in a quarter.

This isn't the 1st year that I've seen JT fans asking for a change on the defensive side of the ball.

Teams are scoring on average 51 PPG in JT's playoff losses since 2012 when Holmes took over. 51. I understand JT's passing attack hasn't been the strongest the past two seasons but to say the defense has been 'solid' over the years is questionable.

Again, solid performance vs Lone Star. But not against HP and Lancaster wasn't a solid team. My statement about JT's defense not showing up in the big games on the schedule is accurate.

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I wish I could but they won’t let coordinator go, I guess they love giving up big plays a lot....

Oh but you can. Ryan had that great defense and got blown out. Even that great defense Katy had back in 2014 I think gave up big plays even more this season.

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

The passes HP dropped in the first half was the ones they caught in the second half, so just imagine if they would’ve caught them in first half... it wouldn’t had been a game.

They only dropped one or two. The defense was there the whole time. Don’t give me that bs.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ANTI said:

'Solid' defenses don't give up 28 in a quarter.

This isn't the 1st year that I've seen JT fans asking for a change on the defensive side of the ball.

Teams are scoring on average 51 PPG in JT's playoff losses since 2012 when Holmes took over. 51. I understand JT's passing attack hasn't been the strongest the past two seasons but to say the defense has been 'solid' over the years is questionable.

Again, solid performance vs Lone Star. But not against HP and Lancaster wasn't a solid team. My statement about JT's defense not showing up in the big games on the schedule is accurate.

wow...51ppg in playoff losses.  OUCH

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

wow...51ppg in playoff losses.  OUCH

Yep. I know you guys knew that but probably didn't think anything of it.

2012, Guyer scored 57

2013, Legacy scored 35

2014, Aledo scored 44

2015, Lake Ridge scored 77

2016, Klein Collins scored 56

2017, no playoffs 

2018, HP scored 42

As I said, I know the JT passing attack hasn't been strong the past two years. But even in the years where JT had the dynamic player at QB...the defense did nothing to help when it mattered most. Think about it. Just an observation though. 

7 hours ago, ANTI said:

Yep. I know you guys knew that but probably didn't think anything of it.

2012, Guyer scored 57

2013, Legacy scored 35

2014, Aledo scored 44

2015, Lake Ridge scored 77

2016, Klein Collins scored 56

2017, no playoffs 

2018, HP scored 42

As I said, I know the JT passing attack hasn't been strong the past two years. But even in the years where JT had the dynamic player at QB...the defense did nothing to help when it mattered most. Think about it. Just an observation though. 

That’s what I’m saying and people are blind to that and the def coordinator needs to go for real that’s ridiculous. 

On 2/4/2019 at 8:18 PM, NODAYSOFFTX said:

That’s what I’m saying and people are blind to that and the def coordinator needs to go for real that’s ridiculous. 

And someone new is going to be all  cure to the situation what is the new guy comes in and the situation stays the same then what would you have to say then?

• Stinks 1

• 2 weeks later...