NEW IDEA FOR AN NCAA FOOTBALL SYSTEM...BOLD

PelvisPresley

Breaking Division I (130 teams) into 3 "Groups", initially with 44 teams in GROUP 1, just broken into regions (11 teams in each 4 regions). Initially break out the next 44 teams and put them in GROUP 2. GROUP 3 would have 32 teams, same 4 regions.

Each group would play down to a FINAL 4 championship - each region sends their champion. Play all 10 other teams in your region along with 2 other random teams from other regions (rivals or selected). 

FINAL 4 in Group 2 and lowest in each region in group 1 would swap places. 

FINAL 4 in Group 3 and lowest in each region in group 2 would swap places.

This would really give some teams opportunity to make some moves and prove some things. 

1 hour ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Breaking Division I (130 teams) into 3 "Groups", initially with 44 teams in GROUP 1, just broken into regions (11 teams in each 4 regions). Initially break out the next 44 teams and put them in GROUP 2. GROUP 3 would have 32 teams, same 4 regions.

Each group would play down to a FINAL 4 championship - each region sends their champion. Play all 10 other teams in your region along with 2 other random teams from other regions (rivals or selected). 

This would really give some teams opportunity to make some moves and prove some things. 

So basically no more conferences? I’m cool with it. Would never happen, but I’m okay with it. 

4 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

130 > 44 +44+32

12 hours ago, cotton84 said:

130 > 44 +44+32

well dang...throw it out... :) that's better having the four regions in that third group (2 with 10, 2 with 11). Like the other groups, it'll make the scheduling more uniform. The regions here with 10, will just have an extra out of region game. I guess I shouldn't have gotten in a hurry typing it before leaving yesterday...ha.  

2 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

well dang...throw it out... :) that's better having the four regions in that third group (2 with 10, 2 with 11). Like the other groups, it'll make the scheduling more uniform. The regions here with 10, will just have an extra out of region game. I guess I shouldn't have gotten in a hurry typing it before leaving yesterday...ha.  

I applaud your effort...…...Glad you took it in good fun, because that was my intentions...………...👍