State Championship Games at Jerryworld

powerlifter

4 hours ago, LoboLoco said:

Saving a large/small number seats is also a issue.  It's general admission!!!  I left way too early and spent my money just like you did so I could sit in a seat I was satisfied with for as many of three games as I want to watch. How bout I come in and sit down and you move somewhere else. Sorry that's a touchy subject.

Preach! I ended up sitting on the 50 but I was up on the third deck. There were plenty of empty seats on the lower decks but they were "saved". Guess I could have taken a seat and let security sort it out but I was there to enjoy the games not to get in a confrontation. 

1 hour ago, Jedi94 said:

Again not true I know plenty of coaches and kids that would to see a rotation. It was nothing wrong with the teams picking their on neutral site back in the day. All I'm saying is  let's give it a shot 

No, simple as that. The kids want to play on a big stage, under a roof, in front of tons of people on TV. Why would you take that away from them just so you have a shorter drive?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Preach! I ended up sitting on the 50 but I was up on the third deck. There were plenty of empty seats on the lower decks but they were "saved". Guess I could have taken a seat and let security sort it out but I was there to enjoy the games not to get in a confrontation. 

The third level is actually the best place to be In my opinion .... great view of the field and you can look straight out to see the big screen without craning  your neck ... I have only sat down in the lower level for one game .... won't make that mistake again ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jedi94 said:

Again not true I know plenty of coaches and kids that would to see a rotation. It was nothing wrong with the teams picking their on neutral site back in the day. All I'm saying is  let's give it a shot 

You’re barking up the wrong tree here Jedi. You’re gonna search every corner of the state of Texas looking for someone who will be more critical of the UIL than me, but they got this one right. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Being that the UIL represents the state, the entire state,  if I were on the Economic Development Committee for Austin, Houston,  or San Antonio I would be petitioning the UIL to spread the wealth. 

I live just east of Dallas and can get to AT&T within an hour to an hour and a half depending on traffic,  so I love the fact that the games are here. 

There is a lot of money spent during championship week shopping,  hotels,  dining,  etc.  It would seem to me that those alternate cities should benefit as well.  

I hope they never change it. 

AT&T is the perfect venue. 

Houston, Austin, and San Antonio are all night mares to drive in. 

You can get to AT&T from many directions to dodge the traffic. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Ummm, A: This is high school football. Halftime band performances are as much a part of it as standing for "The Star-Spangled Banner". And yes, the band has travelled with the team the whole season and done their part, they deserve to be there and perform on that field too.

B: I can't imagine anyone who's been more than just a fan not understanding that the boys and coaches need longer than fifteen minutes to regenerate and implement scheme adjuatments for the second half.

NFL 12 minute halftime. But I’m just a fan.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jedi94 said:

So, if a kid had a choice of playing the biggest game of his life in Jerry’s World or The Alamo Dome you think they would pick San Antonio?  Don’t think so.  You can’t match the experience that you get at AT&T.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

When the finals were held in  Houston attendance dropped by something like 90,000 from the year before. I have a hunch it would be even worse in San Antonio. 

I live in the Houston area and you are absolutely correct about the drop in attendance, and to compound the problem the local businesses (hotels, restaurants, etc.) didn't have a clue that the championship games were being held at NRG. I've been to the event at both stadiums and had a much better experience at Jerry's World. 

• Like 1

AT&T is the best, hands down. The stadium is the best in the WORLD, the location is the best, the local hotel availability is the best, the number of restaurants near is the best AND Texas Live opened adding to that.

I don’t understand why anyone, anywhere would want to move it away from Jerry World. 

Also, as has been mentioned earlier in this thread, DFW is more centrally located than NRG and the Houstonians apparently don’t know or care to know how to pull off this event.

San Antonio is more centrally locates, but will the facility be able to accommodate the teams the way Jerry World does?

14 hours ago, Jedi94 said:

It’s obviously that you and the ones you talked to are in the minority here which is ok. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and rightfully so. 

• Like 1

There's gotta be a better way to transition fans from one game to the next. I know most teams aren't going to bring a crowd the size of Longview, but the way it's set up now is a logistical nightmare.

I'm not saying I have a solution, but someone smarter than me has got to be able to figure out how to do this better.

• Mr. P changed the title to State Championship Games at Jerryworld