State Championship Games at Jerryworld

powerlifter

Another suggestion is to adopt specific rules for using the replay, review process. They should do just like Major League Baseball. Once the review ruling is made, the official on the ground has no say. After clear and convincing evidence is established, the replay official makes the call, no argument by coaches or officials. Just like Judge Roy Bean "that's my rullin'."

Edited by Newtonres7586
Remove a sentence

On 12/21/2018 at 2:51 PM, Pax said:

I like to go watch all the games, and I know there are others who do that.  Setting aside the fact that this would never work, it's also not fair for those who paid the price of admission which is good all day, and showed up early to get a good seat.  I cant speak for everyone else who does this, but while I might not be wearing your school colors, I'm a fan of whatever team whose fans I am sitting among for that game.  You should be happy to have the added support and noise.  And even if I wasnt cheering for your team and just enjoying a state championship football game, if you're gonna kick me out of my seat for not being from your town, you might as well kick out people who are from your town who dont cheer loud enough and aren't paying attention or are wearing the wrong colors.  What's the difference?  

As usual. Pax, you have a good point. I have to agree with you. The idea sounded good at first.

45 minutes ago, Newtonres7586 said:

Another suggestion is to adopt specific rules for using the replay, review process. They should do just like Major League Baseball. Once the review ruling is made, the official on the ground has no say. After clear and convincing evidence is established, the replay official makes the call, no argument by coaches or officials. Just like Judge Roy Bean "that's my rullin'."

Thats the rule now...once it goes to replay the replay official makes the call

From the Dallas Morning News

The UIL uses NCAA rules for replay, with two exceptions — there are no coaches challenges (all reviews are initiated by replay officials) and a targeting call can't initiate from the replay booth. The UIL didn't include coaches challenges because "we felt like that would put a strategy in the game that coaches haven't been utilizing all year," Elza said.

The UIL used college replay officials for its state championship games. A primary replay official, with help from a replay assistant, made the final call in the booth on each review.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2018/12/22/early-results-instant-replay-texas-high-school-football-championships-uils-plan-system-moving-forward

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Greezychef said:

They should hire you and Mark McClain to liven things up.   Could you go a whole day without cussing? 

How about alternate the team of Mark and Grayghost with you and Wolfman. Doomer and I can be sideline reporters. It’ll be a hoot and a half. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

No, simple as that. The kids want to play on a big stage, under a roof, in front of tons of people on TV. Why would you take that away from them just so you have a shorter drive?

I don't live in Houston so it's not right around the corner. Have it in san Antonio I don't live there either. So it's not about a short drive for me I'm telling you not all  kids and coaches agree with playing in #### world every year 

6 hours ago, Jedi94 said:

I don't live in Houston so it's not right around the corner. Have it in san Antonio I don't live there either. So it's not about a short drive for me I'm telling you not all  kids and coaches agree with playing in #### world every year 

You can always find a few people to disagree with anything.  But, the truth is, the experience at AT&T is better than anywhere in the COUNTRY, little own Texas.

AT&T is the best venue in professional sports and the importance placed on High School football by the owner of the Dallas Cowboys is second to none in professional sports. The large majority of high school football players and coaches love the experience and would rather play there than anywhere else. 

On 12/24/2018 at 10:18 AM, LSUTIGERS said:

374A44F0-8940-454F-9649-ACFAF4916118.png

Everyone (almost) benefits from having this at ATT.  Those attendance numbers tell all we need to know.  Probably none of the teams, including 6-man, would play in front of near as many people at any other location, especially a neutral site determined by the coaches.  Here they get all the additional fans that just love football and can come to one place to see it all and they get the TV coverage that simply would not happen if these games weren't all being played at one place.  Keep it like it is forever, forever, forever.

We can gripe about the cost of parking or concessions but we also need to appreciate what an amazing event the UIL has created with the football state championships. What other state has anything even approaching our 12 games over 4 days with attendance running over 200,000? Also, whatever you might think of Jerry Jones as the Cowboys owner/gm he deserves a pat on the back for what he has done  for Texas hsfb by making AT&T and The Star available. With the cost of operating AT&T I doubt he makes any money off of highschool football.

• Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to State Championship Games at Jerryworld
On 12/26/2018 at 7:14 PM, EnjoyLife said:

We can gripe about the cost of parking or concessions but we also need to appreciate what an amazing event the UIL has created with the football state championships. What other state has anything even approaching our 12 games over 4 days with attendance running over 200,000? Also, whatever you might think of Jerry Jones as the Cowboys owner/gm he deserves a pat on the back for what he has done  for Texas hsfb by making AT&T and The Star available. With the cost of operating AT&T I doubt he makes any money off of highschool football.

I agree with you 100 percent. 

Except that someone made 2.8 million on the tickets alone. There is no telling how much was made in concessions. I know I spent at least 40 dollars at the concession. 

Somebody made money. 

I would pay 100 dollars to my Dawgs play at Jerry’s House if I had to. No other venue like it anywhere in the country. 

I hope they never go back to Houston. 

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I agree with you 100 percent. 

Except that someone made 2.8 million on the tickets alone. There is no telling how much was made in concessions. I know I spent at least 40 dollars at the concession. 

Somebody made money. 

I would pay 100 dollars to my Dawgs play at Jerry’s House if I had to. No other venue like it anywhere in the country. 

I hope they never go back to Houston. 

I couldn't find anything on AT&T, but the average cost of hosting a game at Lambeau Field is $562,000, so 12 games X $562,000 would be a whopping $6,744,000.

I 'm pretty sure it takes a lot more to operate AT&T than it does Lambeau, so I don't think Jerry, or the UIL is getting rich off of the SC games.