🏀 Tenaha Holiday Hoops Classic-2018

HulaKat

1 minute ago, Destry said:

Does lipan press and run or methodically beat you?

If I remember correctly from the championship game last year, they ran a pretty methodical half-Court offense and played rock solid man defense. I think they shot something like 60% from the field. Kountze looked totally overwhelmed, even though they were far more athletic. Lipan was the best I’ve seen on fundamentals. 

On 12/21/2018 at 6:42 PM, Greezychef said:

Keep us updated. 

8 hours ago, Greezychef said:

Tenaha vs thorndale tomorrow should be a good game. 

Yea, it should be.  Cushing and Big Sandy play today at 10:00.  Not many updates out there regarding the whole tournament.  Wish they would post an end-of-day bracket progression with the results.

1 hour ago, Greezychef said:

42 teams spread out over 5 gymnasiums on first day.  You can't even begin to imagine how spread thin a small school staff is under these circumstances.  Lol.  Just go to the SEC.  you'll be able to find the scores there.  

Thanks Greezy and LT Pride... yea, I’m sure it’s no small task.  Gonna be some good games today and tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Greezychef said:

Cushing is really good this year.  Big sandy too.  

Cushing hasn’t had but a couple of good tests... Carlisle a couple of weeks ago and Sabine yesterday.  Judging from what I’ve seen so far Big Sandy is prolly a little better than the Bearkats... it will take a flawless game to get it done.  Saw Shelbyville dismantle Woden and they are lights out this year.

didnr see the game but thought Cushing would not have the trouble they had with Sabine yesterday.  It’s basketbal

32 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

Cushing hasn’t had but a couple of good tests... Carlisle a couple of weeks ago and Sabine yesterday.  Judging from what I’ve seen so far Big Sandy is prolly a little better than the Bearkats... it will take a flawless game to get it done.  Saw Shelbyville dismantle Woden and they are lights out this year.

didnr see the game but thought Cushing would not have the trouble they had with Sabine yesterday.  It’s basketbal

Sabine is pretty good. They have a great coach. Glad to see the Cush being successful though. 

36 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

Sabine is having an up and down season but they have the talent to make a run in the playoffs. 

• Mr. P changed the title to 🏀 Tenaha Holiday Hoops Classic-2018

My home town Cvill are barely in the top ten this year.  Their dist is weak which hurts them when coming playoff time.  They do play a tough preseason.  Win some of them lose some of them.  Rarely do they play a 2A school. Mosyely 3 and 4A competition.  They got some history for sure